Autograph Sessions/Policies for Fanime 2010?

Started by Wild Dog, April 30, 2010, 09:53:34 PM

Wild Dog

First, I apologize if this is the wrong board, I did some searching and this was the board where similar questions appeared.  This will be my first Fanime and I'm curious as to how Autograph sessions are run.

• Are they ticketed events, or camp out several hours before the session, or both? If the former, how does the process work for Fanime?

• On average, how many people can get autographs per session (I know it's subjective, because it depends the pace of the guest, but if you had to give an estimation)

• How many autograph sessions are there per guest (Usually it's 2, but for some guests only have one) and is there an open autograph session? (Time when any guest can come to it and sign autographs, usually takes place on the last day)

I'm just asking this because I'm an autograph buff and I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get all the Guests of Honor's autographs for Fanime.

Thank you for any light you can shed on this for me.

M

Quote from: Wild Dog on April 30, 2010, 09:53:34 PM
First, I apologize if this is the wrong board, I did some searching and this was the board where similar questions appeared.  This will be my first Fanime and I'm curious as to how Autograph sessions are run.

• Are they ticketed events, or camp out several hours before the session, or both? If the former, how does the process work for Fanime?
They are normally just a line-up before the event starts. When the show starts, you can check your program guide and/or ask the info desk people for more information.

• On average, how many people can get autographs per session (I know it's subjective, because it depends the pace of the guest, but if you had to give an estimation)
It depends on a lot of factors (time, mainly), but it would be safe to assume 1-2 (which is standard of other autograph sessions).

• How many autograph sessions are there per guest (Usually it's 2, but for some guests only have one) and is there an open autograph session? (Time when any guest can come to it and sign autographs, usually takes place on the last day)
This will be in the schedule when it posted before the convention starts (online) as well as the one you will receive when you pick up your badge (in your registration bag).
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!