Nerd Courting, 2010!

Started by Adam Cullen, May 06, 2010, 10:47:17 AM

Adam Cullen

Good news everyone!  Nerd Courting is GO for 2010!  After the ridiculous success and popularity of last years Nerd Courting panel, I am excited to say that we have been approved for this year.  

For people new the panel, the basic concept is an exploration of dating rituals, and how they are different for people in the nerd community, as compared to society at large.  I will be covering the 4 primary stages of a relationship, including First Interaction, Dating, Sex, and Breaking Up / Making it last.  Real, legitimate information is presented throughout with a sense of humor and fun.  As sexuality is a big part of the discussion, this panel is 18 and over only.  

Just like last year, audience questions are encouraged and welcome through the entire 3 hours of the panel, and will be used to drive the direction of the conversation and specific topics of discussion.  With that in mind, are there any topics in particular you would like me to cover?  Please remember to keep your questions here PG so that I don't get yelled at to protect the innocent, but remember that at the panel itself, anything goes.  

Just a few more weeks, I can't wait!!!
-Adam

Saeris

Oh my. Yes, come and join us! It will be well worth your time and you'll be telling all your friends about it for a week straight.

Coincidentally, you should also work in there when it's okay and when not to subtly use quotes from Futurama in everyday conversation.

Darkin

I came to this panel last year, the stories are so funny! A lot of useful advice and things I never really thought about before too, it's definitely worth checking out!  ;D
Don't Panic

Jerry

I'm surprised that anyone calls it  "courting" anymore.

when and where is this panel? I'll check it out if theres no schedule clash.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

HunterZero

Aren't you missing the fifth stage of a relationship: Marriage/long-term commitment?
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Jerry

Quote from: HunterZero on May 19, 2010, 11:05:58 AM
Aren't you missing the fifth stage of a relationship: Marriage/long-term commitment?

nerds do that?  ???

Ctrl_Z

Quote from: Jerry on May 19, 2010, 11:22:01 AM
Quote from: HunterZero on May 19, 2010, 11:05:58 AM

nerds do that?  ???
Some have gotten married at AnimeExpo, I think.

This sounds interesting, I may check this out.

michiko nakano

gundam wedding, remember?  lol, and you gotta take into account all those nerds who get married and make little nerds and raise them on star wars and top ramen.  I'm gonna do that.  Maybe not the ramen part.

sooooo... 404: Dating skills not found.  I will attend this panel.

edit: nerd dating skills.

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 19, 2010, 01:39:55 PM
gundam wedding, remember?  lol, and you gotta take into account all those nerds who get married and make little nerds and raise them on star wars and top ramen.  I'm gonna do that.  Maybe not the ramen part.

sooooo... 404: Dating skills not found.  I will attend this panel.

this is coming from a girl who gave me tons of advice on female interactions. ;)

dont forget ramen & rice are staples of a good nerd's diet.

AND a really good music group [what ever happen to "Ramen and Rice" ?
[googled] oh there they are. on the internets~

http://ramenandrice.metaminstrel.net/

michiko nakano

I know enough about males, females, etcetera.  I need to learn how to date nerds.

Adam Cullen

The tentative schedule is from 10:00pm till 1:00am on Friday night, in panel room 3 in the Marriott.  I am so excited!  Thank you for your interest!

@HunterZero:  Your right, I totally forgot!  It has always been  Breaking Up/Making it Last, I just forgot to post it that way here.  I have now corrected the original post. Thank you for noticing that! 

Make sure you hang around after the panel, the discussion will continue late into the night/morning!
-Adam

HunterZero

There is no moment of greater terror than when you ask someone to marry you...

Except maybe the vows. Try not to crack your voice
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Neo-Zaku

Well I am interested in this once we have an idea what the time/day will be for it.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Adam Cullen

Once again, the tentative schedule is from 10:00pm till 1:00am on Friday night, in panel room 3 in the Marriott.  I hope to see you there!

Kyra_Maverick

I hope someone can tape it. I'll be selling in the Swap Meet and it looks like I'll have to miss this.