Forums Friends Gathering 2011?

Started by Somebody, May 15, 2010, 04:42:19 PM

Somebody

Oh wow I've missed quite a bit since I've been away!
I don't care what we do but I do want to set a time and place to meet. Any preferences for which day? I was honestly thinking Friday because there tends to be fewer gatherings and such going on and then if we meet at the beginning and decide we want to meet up somewhere else during the con (like at B&W ball) or find out that we may not work out as a group as well as we thought (I kinda doubt that, hopefully that's not the case  :P) then we can make that decision early enough to act on it.

Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Jerry

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 16, 2010, 09:13:35 PM
we could spontaneously get ice cream :3

could we get that instead of coffee ?  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

rude32

Yeah Friday sounds cool. That way we can hangout every once in a while throughout con. I'm also down for ice cream.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Somebody

Well I believe I saw a Ben&Jerry's on the map- I could go check it out before the staff meeting on the 22nd if that sounds like something ya'll are up for?

Jerry is that what you meant to say? (Because I never remembered hearing anything about coffee. :P)

Any thoughts on time? Don't want to get too late because of musicfest but I also know a lot of gatherings are around noon.
Cosplay 2013

michiko nakano

Jerry was referring to the coffee date we're going on.  I guess we could get coffee flavored ice cream!

AuroraDreamer

Lol. Coffee flavored ice cream isn't that bad. :)

c2chaos

It's not fair! I won't be able to eat cold or sweet stuff!

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Somebody

Quote from: c2chaos on May 17, 2010, 07:56:40 PM

Why not? D:
Cosplay 2013

HeyItsMeeEE

Quote from: Somebody on May 17, 2010, 09:20:47 AM
Well I believe I saw a Ben&Jerry's on the map- I could go check it out before the staff meeting on the 22nd if that sounds like something ya'll are up for?

Jerry is that what you meant to say? (Because I never remembered hearing anything about coffee. :P)

Any thoughts on time? Don't want to get too late because of musicfest but I also know a lot of gatherings are around noon.

I believe the Ben & Jerry's is on 4th street; next to Pizza My Heart. McDonald's and La Victoria's is across from it, and SJSU south entrance is north of it.
SUP?

c2chaos

Quote from: Somebody on May 17, 2010, 08:13:15 PM
Quote from: c2chaos on May 17, 2010, 07:56:40 PM

Why not? D:

Toothache...

GAAH!!

Quote from: HeyItsMeeEE on May 17, 2010, 08:23:53 PM
I believe the Ben & Jerry's is on 4th street; next to Pizza My Heart. McDonald's and La Victoria's is across from it, and SJSU south entrance is north of it.

Pizza My Heart...I got that, just now. hahaha.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Somebody

Oh noes! D: Is it a cavity or something do you think?
We've got a week-is that enough time to fix it? If not guess you'll just have to pick something to eat along the way if you're hungry. : (
Cosplay 2013

Jerry

so it seems like theres enough general interested in a random group "meet and greet" tho of course you may all want to wait til the final schedule of events is released... or loosely plan a date, time, meet up place-- also have a major marker or sign to note each other and/or have a person of reference to note the group.

otherwise ppl might get confused and/or left behind and you wouldnt want to do that.

ELDEMONIO

Just throwing this out there. If we do decide to hang out then we should have someone to contact with. Like if we are in the meeting place and were like"is this the group i'm suppose to meet?" It's better if we can..i don't know...call the leader and see if that's them.>.>

The only reason i'm saying this is because we had a similar gathering not to long ago and some of us got lost and didn't have anyone to call and see if they had decided to go someplace other then the spot they were supposed to meet them. Thus leading some of us to leave and not enjoy our time with other forum members.....like me.>.>

Somebody

Allrighty, then how about this: We could all meet up at Stage Zero at the time we end up deciding on, and I'll try to get there a bit early or just on time if I can't be early and I'll hold up a sign saying Forums Friends Gathering and put a Pocky box puppet I made on top? I could even make that sign early and link a picture here if that's a concern. When we set the time we could set it a few minutes earlier than we plan to meet and be able to wait a given amount of time (like 7 minutes or something Idk) and then leave. Anyone who missed it could just know how long in general we plan to hang out for.

Jerry do you have any idea when the final schedule is going to be announced? That was something I was worried about too, since there are a lot of panel ideas I heard about but have no clue if they made it and where or when if they did.
As for contact numbers I can definitely see why you'd want one. I'm not sure how open I am to giving out my phone number, any other ideas or parties willing?
Cosplay 2013

Jerry

Depending what day/night time location you end up picking. I could probably be my own landmark... im getting lots of feedback on my costume and I've been told to have a decent amount of ballons on my backpack...

I think it would be hard to miss that [if i end up getting balloons] so that could be me.
the last time I put my cell phone number for the last gathering, it got kinda hectic and i kept missing calls or texts because i was too distracted and i had to put my phone on silent because i was in a movie at the time.
this time might be different but again i think if i do go this this gathering my costume and i will still out like a sore thumb.

i wanna say that on average the "final schedule" is usually released about a week before Fanime.
Executive and General staff is having their final meeting this Saturday, so at the very latest im guessing the schedules will be semi-hard set by Monday before Con. Then the group will decide via majority ruling what, where and how everyone wants to meet up.

Brutal

Well I support the Forum Friends Gathering to be on Friday. Gives is more time to bond during the convention. I'm REALLY looking toward to this. I can't wait and I hope the location/time/etc. will be decided soon (:

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: Somebody on May 18, 2010, 06:40:52 AM
Allrighty, then how about this: We could all meet up at Stage Zero at the time we end up deciding on, and I'll try to get there a bit early or just on time if I can't be early and I'll hold up a sign saying Forums Friends Gathering and put a Pocky box puppet I made on top? I could even make that sign early and link a picture here if that's a concern. When we set the time we could set it a few minutes earlier than we plan to meet and be able to wait a given amount of time (like 7 minutes or something Idk) and then leave. Anyone who missed it could just know how long in general we plan to hang out for.

I love this idea.And like brutal said, Friday seems like the best time.

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

AbsolutelyCursed

AuroraDreamer