Room availability...

Started by FanFicGuru, May 17, 2010, 11:27:22 PM

FanFicGuru

If you haven't found a place to crash or still really want a place to yourself, check the hotel reservation system again. It seems that some rooms have opened up due to last minute cancellations (always happens) and/or the hotels released some more rooms. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Have a great fanime!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

BonjourHoney

Thank you so much for that heads up. Immediately dived for a Crowne Plaza room and canceled my Fairmont one. xD Moment the Fairmont told me about the $300 cash deposit on top of room charge up front, I bailed right quick. =x
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

KyraEnsui

It is the same for all hotels to do the deposits.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 18, 2010, 01:23:18 PM

True, but not $100/night. Most do $50/night if you use debit, $300 flat if you use cash and as for credit, it really varies. Some don't charge the deposit at all, some charge you just a flat $50 charge, it depends.

But yeah, Fairmont's deposit policy is one of the heftier ones.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Sora

sadly, the room i wanted isn't available, though.
"Don't give me any orders."

Avairrianna

I'm on waitlist to downgrade my room... I so want a one bed room at Saint Claire
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Sora

I wanted a junior suite at the marriott.
"Don't give me any orders."

BonjourHoney

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 18, 2010, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 18, 2010, 01:23:18 PM

True, but not $100/night. Most do $50/night if you use debit, $300 flat if you use cash and as for credit, it really varies. Some don't charge the deposit at all, some charge you just a flat $50 charge, it depends.

But yeah, Fairmont's deposit policy is one of the heftier ones.

Oui, precisement. Since we were planning on paying in cash upfront to avoid debit/credit problems, I called the SJ Crowne Plaza - for cash payment they ask for $50/night in deposit on top of total room charge + gov't taxes, as opposed to the Fairmont's $300 in deposit on top of total room charge + gov't taxes. Bleh.
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com