Having pizza (or any food) delivered to your room?

Started by Beastcub, May 21, 2010, 03:26:49 PM

Beastcub

I have never done this but I heard you can....I sure hope I can because it would be nice to settle into the room for a break and eat somthing that is not over priced room service or cold from the fridge.

SO
could any of the San Jose locals give me the phone number for the nearest Pizza Hut? X3

Maybe we could make a list here for with contact information for all places that will deliver food to hotel rooms?

Jerry

several place will deliver to the hotel room - again keep in mind, delivery times and prices may vary.

also use. www.yelp.com good resource for stuff like this.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

otakuya

as courtesy, leave a good tip because the delivery guys would have to walk through hotel lobbies and up elevators with food (and possibly starving fans around)

Menchi

And if you see a pizza guy, try to avoid the "Oh is that for me?" or "I'll take that off your hands!" jokes.  They're not as original as you may or may not think they are.

EJAY420

LOL@Menchi's post. True though! I've ordered pizza few years ago when I was at the St. Claire. No problem whatsoever.
Most Impressive.

Tsu

Here's a tip for any would-be pizza orderers... check the websites to see if there's any coupons you can print out before you leave for the con! I do this every year, it saves me a few bucks and it's still a lot cheaper than room service.  Just make sure that if they're region-specific coupons that you get one for San Jose and not one for your local area!  (I've never had any problems with pizza deliveries at the Hilton or Marriott.)
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

kingsnake

I know it's not Pizza Hut, but there's a really awesome pizza joint that's a 5 minute walk away, and they deliver! We stay at the Hilton so I know they deliver at least that far, and in the restaurant they were really super-friendly to us even in cosplay. The year my group discovered it we tried like half the pizzas on the menu.
Amici's
Phone: 408-289-9000
Their website is http://www.amicis.com for address / menu.

heeroyuy135

With Domino's 2 medium for $5.99 special and delivery, it comes out to about $15

Lordsnow

Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

dburr

At the front desk, Most hotels usually have a selection of menus of delivery places that are known to deliver to that hotel.  If you ask nicely, they'll either give them to you (if they have more than 1 copy) or will let you look at them.  They should also be able to tell you the phone #'s of places known to deliver there, even if they don't have their menus handy.

Remember people, there's other food (that delivers even!) out there besides pizza...
Otaku no Podcast, your source for news, reviews and commentary on all things anime and manga

chris-barstow

I'd call teh hotle and ask ahead of time, because with new security things (I learned from the Hilton) they can't get on certain floors without keys so it will be walking down or you pay for the pizza, tip and "room service"

Beastcub

Quote from: chris-barstow on May 25, 2010, 05:42:25 PM
I'd call teh hotle and ask ahead of time, because with new security things (I learned from the Hilton) they can't get on certain floors without keys so it will be walking down or you pay for the pizza, tip and "room service"

wait, why? i mean if i as a guest can get up to my room why can't the pizza guy?
i am staying at the hilton, so if it is an issue then can i let the front desk know i am getting pizza and then tell the pizza guy to go the front desk and then have the person at the desk can call the room and i just go down and get it?

chris-barstow

Quote from: Beastcub on May 27, 2010, 01:19:27 AM
Quote from: chris-barstow on May 25, 2010, 05:42:25 PM

wait, why? i mean if i as a guest can get up to my room why can't the pizza guy?
i am staying at the hilton, so if it is an issue then can i let the front desk know i am getting pizza and then tell the pizza guy to go the front desk and then have the person at the desk can call the room and i just go down and get it?

Lol you can but at the time I was in no ready nor willing.

psycrop

Quote from: Lordsnow on May 24, 2010, 03:33:20 AM
Get Pizza my Heart.. its amazing.
ive been to pizza my heart many times, their pizza isnt anything special. Pizz'a Chicago is soooooo much better. its not that far from the convention center. try that one instead.

Beastcub

on the note of room service bringing the pizza to the upper floors and charging for it, i saw some one sliding their card in a slot in the elevator and then pushing 18, so yeah, after a certain floor you need a room card to get up there.

but we were on 3 and it worked, what sucked is it took an hour for the pizza to arrive and yet it took only 10 minutes for us to eat our fill. and as a result of it taking twice as long as we thought it would i missed a panel :/ but oh well, after getting lost trying to find applebees the night before it was nice to have the food come to us XD

BerrySinh

Thank you for this post lol I never thought of delivery to the hotel I was straight snacking on junk food mostly pockys for the whole weekend straight hahaha

Velveteen Rabbit

Every year we've stayed at the Marriot we've had pizza delivered to our room at least once. We always get it from Pizza My Heart I believe they're called. Very nice people and they're used to delivering to the hotel. Also their pizzas are JINORMOUS!! And most importantly, very tasty.  ;D