What parts of fanime are open 24hrs?

Started by jackiemarie90, May 23, 2010, 01:49:26 PM

apsykes

o sweet! i'll scarf it down for some pocky cash^^
and medical insurance.....

i swear i will ROFL if they recreate it!
Just tell me when and where!

oops off topic!
but then again... we could do something involving 24 hours and burger stacking.... heheheh...
I TALK LIKE A TOYOTA, I DON'T WANNA STOP!

jemz

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 24, 2010, 06:47:14 PM
con ops (convention operations) is the organization of people that keep us safe, seeing as we're in an open convention hall in the middle of a very urban area and need protection from drunks, hobos, and other dangerous types of people who wander into the con.

and that's only part of what they do.

What you've described applies to Rovers more so than to ConOps.

/former ConOps staff :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

michiko nakano

Quote from: jemz on May 24, 2010, 06:57:21 PM
Quote from: michiko nakano on May 24, 2010, 06:47:14 PM
con ops (convention operations) is the organization of people that keep us safe, seeing as we're in an open convention hall in the middle of a very urban area and need protection from drunks, hobos, and other dangerous types of people who wander into the con.

and that's only part of what they do.

What you've described applies to Rovers more so than to ConOps.

/former ConOps staff :D

oops!  oh well, now the op knows about rovers.

Nephilim

I hear people mention rovers all the time, but didn't know what they meant by it.
Now I know. (^_~)b

So what's ConOps? ('.'?)

"Frah muja lycd sa uid, ed fyc lniamdo fru duug bedo uh sa..."

Jerry

I've already explained this to michi  :)

Con Ops is short for Convention operations- they help with everything involving internal matters of the Convention meaning to keep all of the Fanime Staff in line. As well as Operations of everything happening around convention, from events, facilities, HR, guest services, info, and everything else in order to "operate" this Con.

Rovers [means to wander around and watch]- we help with everything involving external matters of the Convention meaning we keep all 18,000+ Otakus in line.... Literally starting with Registration lines and anything else involving face to face customer service and keep this Convention mostly safe and sane in all this chaos.

and now you know!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D