Early Reg line separate from Pre-reg line?

Started by FanFicGuru, May 24, 2010, 09:06:23 PM

FanFicGuru

Dear Registration staff,

First, a thank you. I know that orchestrating this gigantic event takes countless hours of preparation and logistical coordination. For that I am greatly appreciative.

That being said, I'm wondering how wise it was to open up Thursday night to early registration people as well as pre registered people? Considering that the early reg deadline just passed this last week, doesn't that sort of eliminate the advantage of pre-registering (besides the fancier badges)? I fear that the line will be far longer than registration is anticipating, or one that could be handled within the 3 hour window that registration will be open on Thursday night. Will early reg have a separate line from pre-reg? Any information would be great.

Thanks again.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

M

I'm not Registration staff (and they're all mostly busy getting ready for the convention while I'm stuck at work), but this was thought of beforehand.

The line might end up being a little longer, but with how quickly the line moved last year this shouldn't be an issue. Also, we've upgraded our equipment and our staffers get even faster with every growing year. :)

Summary: Fear not, citizen, as Registration Staff is on it!
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

chris-barstow

Chances are even with the lines combined, they'll have a number of people working on the Pre-registers only , just for the whole bang for your buck stuff.

Angelx624

Ah, so the line won't last too long? :3 That's good to know. =D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka