fairmont -- security deposit?

Started by Stythys, May 26, 2010, 10:58:51 AM

Stythys

Hey all. I was just wondering what, if any, security deposit is required at the fairmont. Room + Tax comes out to around $400 for me.
"We should not be less than what we are."

BonjourHoney

Quote from: BonjourHoney on May 17, 2010, 05:14:19 PM
I don't know if this is the place to post it, but I just called the Fairmont to ask about their deposit policy, and it is as follows:

If you pay with credit/debit card, the deposit is $100/night on top of the room charge.

If you pay with cash, the deposit is $300 flat on top of the room charge, all expected upfront in cash.

...though it would be helpful since there seemed to be some confusion over it. ^^;

Oh, and in regards to using the same card to check in/pay that you used to reserve via Fanime housing, last year I reserved via Fanime housing with my own debit card, and at check in, my g/f used her credit card to pay. There were no problems there. They didn't even ask for my card that I used to reserve. =D
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

EJAY420

Quote from: BonjourHoney on May 26, 2010, 11:21:05 AM
Quote from: BonjourHoney on May 17, 2010, 05:14:19 PM
I don't know if this is the place to post it, but I just called the Fairmont to ask about their deposit policy, and it is as follows:

If you pay with credit/debit card, the deposit is $100/night on top of the room charge.

If you pay with cash, the deposit is $300 flat on top of the room charge, all expected upfront in cash.

...though it would be helpful since there seemed to be some confusion over it. ^^;

Oh, and in regards to using the same card to check in/pay that you used to reserve via Fanime housing, last year I reserved via Fanime housing with my own debit card, and at check in, my g/f used her credit

card to pay. There were no problems there. They didn't even ask for my card that I used to reserve. =D

THANKS BONJOURHONEY!
Most Impressive.

Cybermisadventures

Huh. I didn't know there was a security deposit of 100$. LOL! I don't think I actually had to do anything like that when I paid for 3 days over there. Are you sure that is the case?
EarlGreyXX.deviantart.com
CyberMisadventures.deviantart.com
TheOtherWorldsComics.deviantart.com

BonjourHoney

That was what the lady on the phone told me when I rang them in May 2010, so I was just reposting here what I was told. :) No idea if they change it or only apply it to certain persons. *shrug*
2015 Cosplays:
Libra - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Arno Dorian (default) - Assassin's Creed: Unity
------
http://spazzy-azi.tumblr.com

Luca Cantellano

From what I remember, I believe that BonjourHoney is right! Although, sometimes the Fairmont will make exceptions during Fanime. (as most hotels near the Conventional Center do...) If you're worried, just call them and ask. They make changes over the course of a year.

2015 cosplay(s): Lady Deadpool (realistic interpretation)

zero209

i was just told they would charge a deposit of the first night plus tax to the credit card. Didn't think they would charge 100 extra. Wonder if they can roll the $100 deposit to a bar tab.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: zero209 on May 04, 2011, 01:30:36 AM
i was just told they would charge a deposit of the first night plus tax to the credit card. Didn't think they would charge 100 extra. Wonder if they can roll the $100 deposit to a bar tab.
I'm pretty sure they only do that if you cancel within a couple weeks of the con (so right about now).  I've stayed at the Fairmont for the previous two years and have never gotten charged $100 more.  So unless you're booking now and cancel soon, you should be fine.

EJAY420

My bill last year was about 350. Deposit was 300.
Most Impressive.

zeroelement

Yea the secuirty deposit are often required. I have a Video on my facebook why. (room full of broken bottles nuts and other stuf fon the floor and a chair on the bed. Frame of another bed BROKEN. )
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.