Actual passport?

Started by Mint, May 27, 2010, 06:51:54 PM

Mint

For picking up my badge (I preregistered), do I need to bring my actual passport?- Or can i bring a picture/copy/scanned image of it?  My dad's not comfortable with bringing my passport. ^^;

Thanks.
2012 YO.
Friday: Yin (Darker than black)
Saturday: Alibaba (Magi); Sheryl (Macross Frontier); CC (Code Geass)
Sunday: Ikuto Tsukiyomi (Shugo Chara); Peter Pan (Disney)
Monday: Panda Kigurumi

chris-barstow

It should work I mean if school IDs work then it should... don't you have a school ID, or less important forum of identification? 

Mint

Quote from: chris-barstow on May 27, 2010, 06:57:55 PM
It should work I mean if school IDs work then it should... don't you have a school ID, or less important forum of identification? 

Oh.  I have a school ID. I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't use that. ._.
2012 YO.

kookiekween99

Quote from: Mint on May 27, 2010, 07:09:25 PM

Oh.  I have a school ID. I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't use that. ._.

You can't use a school ID. Something about inconsistency. I dunno.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

chris-barstow

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 27, 2010, 07:50:40 PM
Quote from: Mint on May 27, 2010, 07:09:25 PM

You can't use a school ID. Something about inconsistency. I dunno.

Seriosly? okay now things have gotten really retarded

ewu

To keep the processing time to a minimum, please have gov't issued photo ID. I can make a student ID with a $500 card printer and photoshop a passport "copy". We are expecting long lines and great numbers. Please streamline the process by complying with our requirements.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Mint

Quote from: ewu on May 28, 2010, 12:08:40 AM
To keep the processing time to a minimum, please have gov't issued photo ID. I can make a student ID with a $500 card printer and photoshop a passport "copy". We are expecting long lines and great numbers. Please streamline the process by complying with our requirements.

Sounds good. :D
2012 YO.

kookiekween99

Your reasoning totally makes sense and I'm not questioning it, but why would someone spend all that money on a card printer or Photoshop to get into a $45-60 convention?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

ewu

I don't know about you but I don't wanna deal with ex-significant others and estranged siblings that do that. With many more than 10k people, that stuff happens.

Most of all the consistency of the IDs makes processing faster just like the e-postcards. Processing would have been much faster if more people printed that out and we could imply enter your badge number instead of searching your name and confirming your address.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

M

Quote from: kookiekween99 on June 02, 2010, 12:16:33 AM

Your reasoning totally makes sense and I'm not questioning it, but why would someone spend all that money on a card printer or Photoshop to get into a $45-60 convention?
I've seen groups of people band together to spend almost all of con just to produce a shody fake badge. The lengths that people will go through. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!