FanimeCon 2010 FMV CONTEST Winners!

Started by Marin Jei El, June 03, 2010, 02:22:39 PM

Marin Jei El

Here are the winners for the FanimeCon 2010 FMV Contest!

Fanime 2010 FMV Contest Judge's Winners      

Action      
1st   Nic Neidenbach   Building Steam
2nd   Kerry Potts   Spinning Infinity
3rd   David Mohajer-Rahbari   Some Ride It Ruff

Comedy      
1st   Erinn Thompson   High School Really Does Never End
2nd   Victoria and John Galietta III   I Love the Anime World!
3rd   Drew Brisco   "YTMND: Fad of Princely Caliber"

Drama      
1st   Victoria Galietta   Out of the Sea
2nd   Erinn Thompson   I Lost a Friend
3rd   Bryan Malicse   Never Have Known

Experimental      
1st   Melissa Paradis   A Walk To Remember
2nd   Jessica Chin   Spell Battle Phenomenon
3rd   Lauren Winsor Stenmoe   Imaginary

Best In Show      
1st   Nic Neidenbach   Building Steam

Fanime 2010 FMV Contest Audience Winners      

Action      
1st   Kerry Potts   Spinning Infinity
2nd   Nic Neidenbach   Building Steam
3rd   Brian Evans   Setsuna of Arabia

Comedy      
1st   Drew Brisco   "YTMND: Fad of Princely Caliber"
2nd   Gabrielle Guthaus   Rejected Theme Days
3rd   Erinn Thompson   High School Really Does Never End

Drama      
1st   Victoria Galietta   Out of the Sea
2nd   Elisabeth Duty   Lay Me to Sleep
3rd   Erinn Thompson   I Lost a Friend

Experimental      
1st   Annika Perkins   Ga-Rei-Zero Fan Made Trailer
2nd   Jessica Chin   Spell Battle Phenomenon
3rd   Rachel Hoiem   For A New Day

Best In Show      
1st   Drew Brisco   "YTMND: Fad of Princely Caliber"
Fanime Music Video Contest Dept. Head
Any Questions or Comments send to:
[email protected]

LightandDarkSoul

Cool! I placed twice!
Say, what do the winners get as a prize? I didn't know we even get a prize of we placed XP I thought it was just bragging rights. I've been told that the winners get trophies or certificates. And the 1st place winners get money. True? Not true? Can someone enlighten me?

Marin Jei El

Most of that is true.

While bragging rights and award certificates still go to everyone who places 1st-3rd and to Best In Show for Audience and Judges Awards, the additional prizes have been awarded to 1st place winners and Best In Show winners.

If anyone wins an award, and isn't present at the Award Ceremony, the awards (along with any applicable prizes) will be mailed out within the next couple weeks. I will also be mailing any awards left over from last year as we received a good budget to cover those mailing costs. I will be emailing anyone who should be expecting a mailed award to confirm the addresses first.

This years prizes consisted of $50 Best Buy Gift Cards for each 1st place or Best In Show award.  Please let me know if there are any comments, concerns, or suggestions for future prizes!
[email protected]

Admiral Donuts

Does anyone (I'm looking at you, contest winners) know where any of these can be seen online?

khyaoiness

Woohoo I'm on here 4 TIMES  ;D
I didn't even think my videos were that good, i just made them for fun
I still can't believe it
congrats to everyone else who won too  ;D
Kingdom Hearts is awesome
as cosplaying as it makes it even better ^^
~Fantasy is always there when reality fails you~

LightandDarkSoul

Quote from: Jeimizu on June 04, 2010, 01:13:04 PM
Does anyone (I'm looking at you, contest winners) know where any of these can be seen online?

Mine can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdWWpoM1H8

Oh and wondering about the prizes to be sent out via mail. Any updates?

Marin Jei El

Awards and any prizes will be mailed starting this coming Monday. I will email everyone that should be expecting one.
[email protected]

mDuo13

FMV contest was... interesting, this year. Very disappointing that it started 30 minutes late. Shocking that Drama was the strongest category. Action was pretty weak -- there were about three solid videos and then the rest were generic and subpar. Some of the drama videos would have probably passed for action. Comedy was also a smaller turnout than usual. A couple of them were funny but there weren't as many stand-out ones as in prior years.

I am disappointed that we don't have the old structure from prior years, which goes like this:
Action is first, to get everyone fired up and drawn in (this was the same, thank you)
Experimental is next, which broadens people's expectations. It's also a small category most of the time so it's good to have early.
Drama is third, which gives some time to relax while people have been sitting there for a while.
Comedy is last, so that people can go out with a smile.

Putting Experimental at the end this year was... weird and anticlimactic.

Overall though it wasn't a bad year, and as I've already said, I was very impressed by the broad selection of quality drama videos.

Marin Jei El

Thanks for the feed back.

We're trying new things just like every year. We may go back to that structure, or we may not. Honestly, the biggest factor is the amount of submissions that we get and the quality.

Please give us any and all feedback you have. We want it all! Thanks!
[email protected]

ruby19_4

I really wanna watch u guys FMV, but I couldnt find it. Can you guys tell me where I can find it. Pretty please. Thank you.

Tsu

I agree that it was a bit odd not having Comedy at the end, since it's been there almost always... but on the other hand, since comedy was kind of a weak category this year, it might've ended the contest on a "meh" note.  Considering we lost some of the programming because of tech. difficulties and being chased out of the center, experimental may have initially been a really good category to end on.

I definitely agree that some of the drama videos could've gone into action.  It's kind of inevitable, though.  Each year there's usually action videos that could've been considered drama and vice versa. 
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019