510 Alameda Gathering anyone?

Started by Rhornez, June 03, 2010, 10:02:08 PM

Rhornez

So im wondering does anyone from the 510 Area Code wanna hang out somewhere like a outing ? doesent need to be big but im considering this:
Where:Martin Luther King Jr.Park,Alameda,California
When:Anytime People will agree to this.
We will mostly discuss Fanime Con how we got there and talk about past years con tips etc. and if more people get word of this,maybe cosplay outing? depends. games if people want games.
How we will identify ourselves is coming with our Fanime Con badges and like a paper or something attached to the badge saying your Forum name.
Why?:More people with similar interests in the bay area getting together and hanging out will promote a sense of friendship when not in Fanime Con,
If people like this we should contact each other potentially making new friends amongst each other.]
Tell me what you think? location can change if people vote on it other than that, discuss.
Age Limit? any as long as your not too old....and not planning on brining alcohol or smoking Please None of that.

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'd totally be down for this. My only concern is having people show up. I once tried to host a local gathering over in Oakland, and only one other person from the Board came.  Seeing as how I live in Alameda, I would LOVE to come to the gathering.

Although Google can't seem to find it, only some shoreline place, which I think is located in Oakland. Did you mean Washington Park by the beach perhaps?

Rhornez

HarpB

That link does not goes anywhere...

Rhornez

??? i just noticed too....ugh dam u google maps well eh i searched martin luther king junior shorline place alameda

sweetchorizo

This should help  http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=37.738752,-122.209768&spn=0.026811,0.066047&z=15

it's kinda up there but it would be cool to meet up with some fellow con goers.

Rhornez

Quote from: sweetchorizo on June 07, 2010, 10:48:32 PM
This should help  http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=37.738752,-122.209768&spn=0.026811,0.066047&z=15

it's kinda up there but it would be cool to meet up with some fellow con goers.
yup this is exactly the place  :P :D

Ayanami Rei First Child

Soo...I'm down for picking a time and a place to hang out there.

So would we do this on a weekday...?

Rhornez

hmm no idea maybe a saturday or sunday but since im out for the summer weekday is fine only if anyones free at all + we need more people for this to happen,cause 5 ppl with con badges and forum names is not gonna cut it, atleast 10 or more atleast

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: Rhornez on June 10, 2010, 09:55:14 PM
hmm no idea maybe a saturday or sunday but since im out for the summer weekday is fine only if anyones free at all + we need more people for this to happen,cause 5 ppl with con badges and forum names is not gonna cut it, atleast 10 or more atleast
Hmmm...maybe create a Facebook page for it? Then we could start inviting all the people we know o.o

Rhornez

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on June 10, 2010, 10:18:34 PM
Quote from: Rhornez on June 10, 2010, 09:55:14 PM
Hmmm...maybe create a Facebook page for it? Then we could start inviting all the people we know o.o
o.o i made my facebook right after fanime con and i dont know how to make a page yet...noooooob me

Runewitt

this is relevent to my interests..
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.