Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

llaaannniiii

Ecchi ja Nai

I'm coming in a bit late to the party, but since I'm here:

Orange Range would be really awesome to have, but aren't they on hiatus or something?  I know the original drummer left, but have they already found a replacement?  Well, if MusicFest staff can manage to get them, I sure wouldn't be disappointed.
UVERworld.  I mean, dude, they've been mentioned I don't know how many times in previous posts.  If bands were selected by a board popularity contest, they'd have to be pretty close to the top.
I was thinking I would be the first to mention SCANDAL, but alas, someone else beat me to the punch.  I'll definitely second that motion, however.  Plus, I don't think that they're so huge yet that getting them to come to the Bay Area would be out of the question.
This may be more suited for the GR department, but if the cast of K-On!/!! could come over to perform, I would literally be willing to do just about anything legal to see them.  Even if that means giving up my beloved swap meet because of scheduling conflicts!  (Not to con staff: please don't make me choose in the event they actually do come over!)  Regardless of what some may say, bribery -will- get you places, and I'd help the Fanime cause as much as I can if it meant that anime fans like myself and others could witness HTT in person.  Wait, maybe that was flattery, but I'm willing to shower both in the general direction of con staff if it'll help.
Finally, I don't know a whole lot about miwa or her work (other than she's crazy talented?)  except for the current OP that she's supplying for Bleach, but I am really liking what I'm hearing, so let's see what we can do with her.
Ah!  On that last note, I totally forgot about OLIVIA!  She hasn't has the same spotlight in the anime world since Nana finished airing, but I would put her up near the cast of K-On in terms of my interest of seeing live.  Plus, she's fluent in English and has attended other American cons, so we know it can work.

PunkDrunker

I would also love to see Orange Range.

QuoteOrange Range would be really awesome to have, but aren't they on hiatus or something?  I know the original drummer left, but have they already found a replacement?  Well, if MusicFest staff can manage to get them, I sure wouldn't disappointed.

OR's drummer left in 2005, and they haven't gotten an official replacement.  No hiatus for them though, as they released a new single and a singles album in July and are planning a tour for the Fall/Winter.

xMyuu

Oi~ I would love to see UVERworld or the GazettE perform~!
Even though they aren't on the list, I would love to see Dazzle Vision~

Amo-chan

SuG~! SuG~!!!!!!!
:D SUUUUGGGGGGG!!!!!!
and LM.C again! xD

ayumii

Alice Nine
The GazettE
Gakido
SuG or
ViViD

:D

Shikido

I would love to see the GazettE, Alice Nine, or UVERworld there that would be like a dream come true or LM.C(i missed the last fanime :'()

ashimada

Kalafina.

They would very well coordinate with the new season of Kuroshitsuji airing now with their contribution to the ending theme and also the fact that the show has been signed with FUNimation in the States.

Definitely not the pumped up energy we would see from some bands like we had with FLOW and LM.C last year but they would certainly put on a wonderful show.
Alisa S.
Panels Head '15
FanimeCon 09-15

c2chaos

It's a little absurd but I'd love to see a VOCALOID concert happen at Fanime.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

petit ningyou

It's cool that we've been getting bigger names coming to Fanime but I wanna see some good relatively unknown/new indie bands as well... Someone who puts on a good live show!

Also, I would looooooooooove to see mothercoat again. They're still active, and the last time they were at Fanime they put on an awesome show.

Here's some stuff from them if you guys are unfamiliar... http://www.mothercoat.com/video (if you keep clicking the arrow at the top, the last video is a clip from the second day they performed at Fanime~)

Others I would love to see:

ALI PROJECT
Aural Vampire
Yuki Kajiura
Kalafina

Freeden

I have a pretty big list of stars I would like to see. Some of them have performed over here in the western hemisphere recently as well, so it might very well be possible:

Home Made Kazoku (just performed at Otakon)
Himeka (just performed at Otakuthon. I know, it's her home, but you never know)
VAMPS (toured in July in the states in '09)
Sukima Switch
SID
Lia
Elisa
Funkist
Chemistry
Omagake Lucky Hole
Yui
Galneryus
Angela
Ali Project (I second bringing them to Fanime, love them)

Any of these would be awesome. If I could see any of these artists in concert, that would make my Fanime. The FLOW concert was awesome this year, so I am looking forward to what is in store for next year.

cottoncandymuffin

@Freeden: I second/third/whatever number Chemistry :)

I'm really hoping X Japan comes to Fanime. Yeah they have a stop in SF in October, but I don't know if I can make it, so Fanime could make up for it haha xD

lyricaldanichan

Anamanaguchi

They would be totally fun to have and they are in the US :)

Freeden

Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on August 24, 2010, 09:31:14 PM

I'm really hoping X Japan comes to Fanime. Yeah they have a stop in SF in October, but I don't know if I can make it, so Fanime could make up for it haha xD

Corrrection, X Japan is playing this saturday in Oakland. I had thought about going, but I'm going to the Kincert instead.

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: Freeden on August 25, 2010, 09:35:23 PM
Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on August 24, 2010, 09:31:14 PM

Corrrection, X Japan is playing this saturday in Oakland. I had thought about going, but I'm going to the Kincert instead.

Actually, X Japan is playing in Oakland @ the Fox Theater on Tuesday, September 28.

cottoncandymuffin

whoops Oakland my bad xP

Hmm it's September? noooo Dir en Grey plays the same month, -sad face-

Freeden

Yeah, my bad. That means I may actually go to see X Japan.

Hawkeye_Haruhi

I think it would an awesome edition to the Fanime Convention if the L33tStr33t Boys performed.

They are what Fanime is all about...

They sing songs about anime, video games, anime conventions, and girls in anime / games / conventions.

They also have their very own web comic.

Check them out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189QSTKC5no Video - "Yuri The Only One"

http://www.myspace.com/leetstreetboys MySpace Page

http://www.leetstreetboys.com/ Official Website

Agree/Disagree?

Neliel

Fanime 2010 here i come! xD
cosplay list:
Neliel 35%
sasuke female anbu 95%
ciel pink ballgown 100%
NOCTIS BABY 0%