Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

Freeden

Looks like I won't be attending Japan X, cause I am going to VAMPS instead. Anyone else planning on attending?

ket

Whether possible of not, I still want to toss in a suggestion  ;D

Miku Hatsune

c2chaos

Quote from: ket on September 24, 2010, 07:37:50 AM
Whether possible of not, I still want to toss in a suggestion  ;D

Miku Hatsune

Woot! High-five!

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Freeden

I think another great idea would be to try and get together Dead Girls Monster or Afternoon Tea Time. I know their not real bands, but it would be kinda nifty to try and do something like the Haruhi concert that they had a couple years ago.

c2chaos

^ Afternoon Tea Time or After-school Tea Time like in K-On!?

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Freeden

Yes. I think having these anime-created bands would be great. At Anime Expo in 2007 I think, they did this big SOS tour where they had the voice actresses come and sing music from the show, just like their big live tour in Japan. Something like that for fanime would be cool. That or Girls Dead Monster (I got the name wrong before, I think), but less people know them as they are from Angel Beats.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Freeden on October 11, 2010, 10:23:14 AM
Yes. I think having these anime-created bands would be great. At Anime Expo in 2007 I think, they did this big SOS tour where they had the voice actresses come and sing music from the show, just like their big live tour in Japan. Something like that for fanime would be cool. That or Girls Dead Monster (I got the name wrong before, I think), but less people know them as they are from Angel Beats.

uhm... I don't even get what you are asking people to do. The SOS-dan thing was a poorly done "concert" that was more of just a long advertisement for the US Haruhi release with a few songs thrown in. How this has anything to do with having non-existent bands is beyond me.

On further point... what would they do to get non-existent bands? Do you mean have the singer of said band... perform? Then why not just ask... for that singer to come and sing? I mean... seriously? Girls Dead Monster? They only had like... 3 songs. That's not a concert... that's not even an opening act. So we'd invite Marina as a guest to sing three songs?

After-School Tea Time at least makes sense, but they can't play instruments irl I hope you know, and since Satou and Kotobuki don't sing, they wouldn't do anything.

kaileekei

LM.C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i didn't get to seem them this year and eveyone said it was the time of their lives i really wanted to go !)
Alice Nine
the gazettE
Nightmare
SuG (seriously they're a really fun band)
Nigtmare

kaileekei

Quote from: kaileekei on October 11, 2010, 10:22:43 PM
LM.C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i didn't get to seem them this year and eveyone said it was the time of their lives i really wanted to go !)
Alice Nine
the gazettE
Nightmare
SuG (seriously they're a really fun band)
Nigtmare
oops put nightmare twice xDDD

tsumiyuuki

Freeden

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 11, 2010, 10:11:04 PM
Quote from: Freeden on October 11, 2010, 10:23:14 AM

uhm... I don't even get what you are asking people to do. The SOS-dan thing was a poorly done "concert" that was more of just a long advertisement for the US Haruhi release with a few songs thrown in. How this has anything to do with having non-existent bands is beyond me.

On further point... what would they do to get non-existent bands? Do you mean have the singer of said band... perform? Then why not just ask... for that singer to come and sing? I mean... seriously? Girls Dead Monster? They only had like... 3 songs. That's not a concert... that's not even an opening act. So we'd invite Marina as a guest to sing three songs?

After-School Tea Time at least makes sense, but they can't play instruments irl I hope you know, and since Satou and Kotobuki don't sing, they wouldn't do anything.

Actually, I quite enjoyed the SOS thing, as well as the one that was held in Japan and that WAS an official concert and both events were quite popular. And in fact, Girls Dead Monster has an entire cd out with a total of 13 songs. With both bands, just as they did with the Haruhi event, they could easily have a band perform with the singers. I don't know what costs are involved with bringing these anime-created groups to the states, but I think it's a nifty idea and I like the music, the reason I suggested the idea in the first place.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Freeden on October 16, 2010, 07:02:42 PM
Actually, I quite enjoyed the SOS thing, as well as the one that was held in Japan and that WAS an official concert and both events were quite popular. And in fact, Girls Dead Monster has an entire cd out with a total of 13 songs. With both bands, just as they did with the Haruhi event, they could easily have a band perform with the singers. I don't know what costs are involved with bringing these anime-created groups to the states, but I think it's a nifty idea and I like the music, the reason I suggested the idea in the first place.

Most people did NOT enjoy the SOS-dan concert at AX. That AX had a slew of problems including that "concert" since it wasn't a concert, and just a very long advertisement, with 4 songs inserted. And you're missing the point of what I said in that... I STILL HAVE NO GOD DAMNED CLUE WHAT YOU'RE ASKING FOR. Girls Dead Monster is vocal'd by Marina. So what you are asking for... is... Marina to come as a guest... to sing... those songs... correct? It wouldn't exactly be a Girls Dead Monster concert... unless the depiction of the band is there, which is kind of illogical since there is no band that is the actual representative of them. So we COULD ask for Marina to be a guest and to perform, but I don't see how you expect people to turn it into a "Girls Dead Monster" event. SO you don't even care about that... you just want to see... any band... play... with the vocalist singing? Then why even care about that at all and JUST SAY YOU WANT THE SINGER. Is it really that hard?

The SOS Japan concerts were more realistic, since THEY WEREN'T A BAND, AND JUST SINGERS. Each VA performed their corresponding songs and that wasn't an issue with small skit like things in between. The illusion isn't hard to replicate because there IS NOTHING TO REPLICATE. There wasn't even a need for a live band and audio tracks could be used.

Seriously, you don't even explain what you want and just say "It'd be a cool idea, I would like it" WITHOUT EVEN EXPLAINING WHAT THE HELL THE IDEA IS.

Freeden

I think you're taking this a little too seriously dude. It's really not that hard to figure out, and I don't understand where the frustration is coming from. I also am not sure how you are speaking for "most people". I know I enjoyed the SOS thing, as did the friends I saw it with. As for my suggestions, they are merely suggestions, and quite self-explanatory. Whoever it was singing the songs for either group, that is who you get with a back up band, or even a recording. I'm not sure how it usually works with solo artists who come to perform, but I imagine it can be done much the same way.

Okay, I've said everything I have to say about the topic. Moving on.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'd also really love to Ali Project come. I know they were at another con somewhere (forget which con). That would be pretty awesome.

Shiny~

I would like to suggest SuG! They have said before they would go where they are invited, so it should be relatively easy to get SuG!
LM.C would be great to have back! They were awesome.

But I would completely love it if we could have SuG!!

jackiemarie90

You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

chifunii

Girugamesh is having a world tour next year!
Hopefully we'll be able to snag them for ourselves in May?? ; A ; prettyplease
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

TC X0 Lt 0X

I would personally like to see a duel Mami Kawada/KOTOKO concert.

And of course I always must mention UVERworld.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

KicksYourButt

slifertheskydragon