Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

.::midnight.maiden::.

Reflecting on this year's MusicFest...

We had FLOW and LM.C here for Fanime '10. :]

MusicFest did a super great job getting these artists, because they are super popular...and we would have never thought that they would come to San Jose xD Thank you Fanime and MusicFest! :D

Suggestions for '11 or later:
Considering that they will have to be Japanese(I would have loved to have K-pop though) and most likely have to be related to anime...here's my list:

1.UVERworld
2.abingdon boys school
3.Aya Hirano(if Fanime can get her, my friend will finally come to Fanime for once)
4.Nightmare
5.ORANGE RANGE
6.mihimaru GT
7.The GazettE
8.ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION
9.Anyone from Johnny's Ent. or Hello! Project

Mod Edit: Moved to 2011
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

chifunii

Good job, and thank you, MusicFest crew! Maybe someday I'll have the honor of joining in..~

PS: H&MC is over and done with already :)
I'm secretly hoping for Alice Nine/girugamesh/the GazettE/FLOW&LM.C

PPS: I don't think Momoi came on MusicFest's behalf like she did last year...

:)!

Mod Edit: Moved to 2011
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

HunterZero

Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Quote from: chifunii on June 05, 2010, 11:28:39 PM
PS: H&MC is over and done with already :)
PPS: I don't think Momoi came on MusicFest's behalf like she did last year...
>__> I see...they broke up this year. So sad! We should have tried to get them beforehand.
I don't think Momoi had a concert for MusicFest this year either...now that I think about it.
Quote from: HunterZero on June 07, 2010, 01:58:07 PM
The Pillows!
I haven't really listened to their songs (don't kill me) ^^;. They are really popular though! It would be awesome if they could come! :D
AOD - 2011-

chifunii

Momoi wasn't asked to come on behalf of MusicFest this year, it was a different branch of FanimeCon. :)
That's why she didn't sing at the Civic this time around.

I've never heard of the Pillows O_O; But I will give them a shot! :)

PS: SID would be good too. <3

Acid_Android

^_^ Thank you guys for all the suggestions so far...we've already started for 2011, so please keep the requests coming in! :)

Just for clarification, FanimeCon's awesome GR Department is the one that brought over Momoi this year and last year :) We just collaborated on the concert for 2009.

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

cottoncandymuffin

Dang midnight.maiden you took a lot of my recommendations D:< haha.

Just throwing a few out there (not really related to anime things, but just anyways ;P):
Giguramesh
SID
Dir en Grey
Miyavi
akai SKY
suG
Versailles
Ayabie
Supercell (they're doing the new NARUTO Shippuden opening if I'm right)

Of course, we can always bring back LM.C and FLOW~ ^_^ <3

Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on June 07, 2010, 09:41:48 PM
Dang midnight.maiden you took a lot of my recommendations D:< haha.
hehe ^w^ slightly going off topic here...but it concerns the Bay Area J-Rock fans:
Miyavi is going to have a concert in SF next week! I doubt I'm going because I'm a minor/parents/etc....but I really want some tour goods T.T. As of now...there are still tickets online(just checked).
VAMPS is also coming to perform in SF in October...I probably wouldn't be able to go that either. But I want merchandise! *__*
If anyone is going: It would be nice if I could have someone buy some stuff for me, and I would pay them back...>.> that's not safe, though.
AOD - 2011-

kumi-chan

I had so much fun at musicfest this year! Thanks Fanimecon! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Anyway my suggestions are:
Alice Nine
The GazettE
HANGRY&ANGRY
Fujiko-chan
GallowS
and many other visual-kei related bands! <3

^______^

cottoncandymuffin

Yes I saw the ad for Miyavi's concert too! I want to go D:
I entered a giveaway to get tickets to his concert, hope that I get them! xD
Haven't listened to VAMPS before, I should go check that out ;)

HunterZero

Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

ice queen

I've seen Miyavi before in concery I wouldn't object if he were to come to fanime. His concerts rock! Even though I'm not a huge fan of his which is odd. Versailles would be great to have, I could die happy =P

though throwing this out there...would be nice to try to get Gackt though I'm sure he's super busy >.>
2011 Cosplay for Fanime-
Kingdom Hearts - Riku 100% complete
Axis Powers Hetalia - Russia 70% complete
Black Butler - Agni 0% Complete

Yukari Kaiba

seconding the recommendation of having UVERworld and Abingdon Boys School (would be so awesome!).  Would also love to see:
-Diggy Mo
-Asian Kung Fu Generation
-Orange Range
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

chifunii

Quote from: ice queen on June 09, 2010, 11:31:12 AM
I've seen Miyavi before in concery I wouldn't object if he were to come to fanime. His concerts rock! Even though I'm not a huge fan of his which is odd. Versailles would be great to have, I could die happy =P

though throwing this out there...would be nice to try to get Gackt though I'm sure he's super busy >.>

Unfortunately MYV hasn't done any anime op/eds yet. It'd be interesting to see what anime would match with his songs though. I'm sure if he were invited he'd say yes. The atmosphere he creates during his lives are amazing, so I've heard. :) I'm not a big fan of his either, but he's always so pumped up, it rubs off on people.

Versailles lost a member a couple months ago, right? I haven't been keeping up with them, so have they found a replacement (temporary or otherwise)? Hmm~

GACKT coming would be pretty amazing, except he's (true to your words) extremely busy and very popular. This year is the first time in his entire career where he's going to tour overseas....It's amazing...I never thought he'd ever leave Japan. XDD Maybe someday he really will come to the US!

Right now my top goal is SID. They sang two songs for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and are really popular right now, but still not quite there yet. Whoever we bring though, I'm sure will be awesome.

JMusic is the best that's out there, I'm hoping to staff eventually for this department. Someday...someday. :)

aoisora0903

I want LM.C again......I hope so!
but anyways~

Alice Nine
SuG
UVERworld
Nightmare
Sid
the Gazette

red_audrey

Acid Black Cherry
Angelo (even though they don't seem like a convention band AT ALL, i would be ecstatic for the opportunity of a Q&A/autographs that the con experience has)
BREAKERZ

:) any of these would be worth a trip back to san jose from massachusetts for me

Kaiami

Please bring LM.C back!
I'm really, really hoping that LM.C will be at Fanime 2011.
Seeing them in concert just made my year.

Of course, I'm still hoping for w-inds, if there's even a slight chance.
And maybe SuG too.

PunkDrunker

I would certainly love FLOW to come back!

In addition to that:
ORANGE RANGE
abingdon boys school and/or T.M.Revolution
UVERworld
Acid Black Cherry

Touya no Miko

I would love to see LM.C again.

Bands I'd like to see would be Radwimps, but I don't think anyone is really aware of them since they don't do anything anime related.

Other options:
Uverworld
Alice Nine
Miyavi
Mana
Gazette
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

heeroyuy135

Shoji Meguro, the composer behind the Shin Megami franchise including the Persona spinoff franchise
Bring over the Persona Music Live concert to the States :)