Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

Kazuko

A big dream come true (and I always ask every year XD) is if Plastic Tree came to perform at Fanime

They are a pretty good group and their style is constantly changing (so it can be catered to everyone)

Also Onmyo-za would be amazing to have!!

summerchristmas838

Quote from: Touya no Miko on June 11, 2010, 11:13:55 PM
I would love to see LM.C again.

Bands I'd like to see would be Radwimps, but I don't think anyone is really aware of them since they don't do anything anime related.

Other options:
Uverworld
Alice Nine
Miyavi
Mana
Gazette

OMG Radwimps are win.
Also the return of LM.C would make me die of happiness.
And Uverworld would be awesomeful too.

BrightHeart76

FLOW was great this year.  I can dream to see them again...ever.  Anyone from a similar style would be great. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Amo-chan

I would love to have LM.C come back! I would go all the way back to SF from Florida for LM.C
They said they were doing an American tour soon. If they have one of their concerts at FanimeCon again, I would go! I liked FanimeCon a lot~! So I would love to come back to FanimeCon again! You guys have a great convention! It blows the drama-filled Florida cons out of the water!

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: deonchan on June 12, 2010, 11:09:00 PM
mihimaru GT pls
I second this!
Quote from: Amo-chan on June 13, 2010, 07:56:01 AM
I would love to have LM.C come back! I would go all the way back to SF from Florida for LM.C
They said they were doing an American tour soon. If they have one of their concerts at FanimeCon again, I would go! I liked FanimeCon a lot~! So I would love to come back to FanimeCon again! You guys have a great convention! It blows the drama-filled Florida cons out of the water!
ehh? they said they're planning an American tour?! >:O
Have you been to Florida cons?
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Amo-chan

Yeah they said at the end of the panel they were planning an american tour.

And yeah, been going to FL cons for years, but they can't have bands come from Japan as they say "We can't afford it". FL cons just aren't that good. I completely loved FanimeCon. It's simple amazing, well put together, and has tons of great events!

Kaiami

If they're doing an American tour, I'll have to try hard to go to all of the concerts! *____*

DudeINeedSleep

chifunii

I don't think they'd ever reveal something like an in-the-works US tour...
Usually they'll say "we're considering it" or "I would love to have one"............

I'm going to be a party pooper and say...
Keep your expectations low and nobody gets disappointed.
:) Like when flying.

EDIT: To stay on topic because I feel that it's important...
Matenrou Opera is good too...
born is also good...
/headdesk but my first couple suggestions were on the top of my wantwant list. :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Eboni ninja

FLOW was so great this I'm so glad I was there to witness it.

If UVERworld came it would awesome and EPIC beyond belief!
I also would like ORANGE RANGE. But UVERworld is my #1 pick.
Cosplays for Fanime 2011:

ayame_nguyen

midnight.maiden you basiclly said everyone i wanted XD

FLOW should totally come back!<3 they were awesome.
Lm.c was great too but flow > lm.c (sorry lm.c fans >.< i'm a bigger flow fan)

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: ayame_nguyen on June 14, 2010, 11:11:38 PM
midnight.maiden you basically said everyone i wanted XD

FLOW should totally come back!<3 they were awesome.
Lm.c was great too but flow > lm.c (sorry lm.c fans >.< i'm a bigger flow fan)

Lol...^__^ I guess I did write a lot.

I'm pretty sure that FLOW would have a larger fan base than LM.C anyway (don't get me wrong, I love LM.C <3)...
FLOW is in a more generic J-Rock genre and have more popular anime songs (which means more people know them), and therefore much easier to like by the world. They're more mainstream than LM.C...
Whoa, I wrote "more" about 4 times. >__>;
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

koji

I'm still crossing my fingers for Monkey Majik.  ;D
Canadians singing in Japanese.

r3za1264

everyone mentioned all of the main ones already soo.
-maximum the horomone
-homemade kazoku
???

tsumiyuuki

If you're going to bring from Johnny and Associates, KAT-TUN or NEWS would be my pick XD

Somebody

Wow you all named all of the bands I'd suggest~
I'm so sad I missed both LM.C. and FLOW this year! ;_; Stupid schedule conflicts...
*cries in corner* xD
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Elimeno

I want the no name indie bands  from Japan back from a few years ago, goofy style was refreshing.  Too bad tofu and stuff went away...

Well, i would love to see from the rather large list of big names tm revolution, because of his energy and love for anime, the pillows for very much the same thing. That's more or less it...
Oh yeah, anyone know what happened to ramen and rice? Haven't seen em for a while.
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

PyronIkari

Quote from: Elimeno on June 17, 2010, 01:44:01 AM
I want the no name indie bands  from Japan back from a few years ago, goofy style was refreshing.  Too bad tofu and stuff went away...

Well, i would love to see from the rather large list of big names tm revolution, because of his energy and love for anime, the pillows for very much the same thing. That's more or less it...
Oh yeah, anyone know what happened to ramen and rice? Haven't seen em for a while.

Every year every con, people ask for the Pillows. And while it makes sense for some conventions, it makes no sense at all for Fanime to bring the Pillows. You guys live in the bay area for the most part. The Pillows play in the Bay Area all the time. Hell they played a concert a few weeks ago. You could have gone and saw them a few weeks ago. They are also rather expensive to get. They do paying shows in the US, which means they will require a fee to get.

Quite honestly, if I had my choice between seeing the Pillows at concert, or a band I like that I haven't been able to see in concert multiple times, I would go with the other band. Seriously guys, if you want to see the Pillows... go to one of their concerts while they're in the bay, don't ask Fanime to waste effort to bring them when you can very much easily see them otherwise.

cottoncandymuffin