Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

Acid_Android

Quote from: squarebubblex on February 24, 2011, 09:34:19 PM
kpop requests are allowed now? ^^ It makes sense that they'd have to be JP related though :]

Suggestions are welcomed, but it's just mostly for discussion!! ^_^

Yep, as it's been said in previous posts, it honestly only makes sense as long as the kpop groups/artists have had official debuts in Japan (but at this point, that's like almost everybody!), BUT! They also should have proven their worth on the Japanese market (and that's not everybody!).

I've been keeping my eye on both scenes, so I've got a grasp of what suggestions make sense and what suggestions really don't.  Since MusicFest is for the fans, everyone's input is important for the line-up, and since the number of requests for Korean artists have been on the rise, I thought it'd be something to look into. It just has to make sense!

Wouldn't want to invite guests that make attendees go "...so...why them??"  :D
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

roarkyo

Girugamesh is my number one pick to play Fanime :D
Fanime attendee 2007-2010
May not be able to attend 2011 or 2012 Fanime :(

chifunii

Quote from: roarkyo on February 26, 2011, 10:44:16 AM

<3 forever and always! I have high hopes for this year's MusicFest~ only 3 months left!!!!

FLOW had a great time here, I posted a link to a message they left on YouTube about their experience here, it's in the FLOW thread ;) hopefully we'll be able to have them back someday, they loved it as much as we did xD
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

squarebubblex

Quote from: Acid_Android on February 25, 2011, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: squarebubblex on February 24, 2011, 09:34:19 PM
kpop requests are allowed now? ^^ It makes sense that they'd have to be JP related though :]

Suggestions are welcomed, but it's just mostly for discussion!! ^_^

Yep, as it's been said in previous posts, it honestly only makes sense as long as the kpop groups/artists have had official debuts in Japan (but at this point, that's like almost everybody!), BUT! They also should have proven their worth on the Japanese market (and that's not everybody!).

I've been keeping my eye on both scenes, so I've got a grasp of what suggestions make sense and what suggestions really don't.  Since MusicFest is for the fans, everyone's input is important for the line-up, and since the number of requests for Korean artists have been on the rise, I thought it'd be something to look into. It just has to make sense!

Wouldn't want to invite guests that make attendees go "...so...why them??"  :D

lolol true! In that case I'd probably limit my list to..

BoA
JYJ
Younha
Big Bang
KARA
SNSD/Shoujo Jidai

in order of relevance ^^ KARA and SNSD are still newish but KARA started the butt dance revolution and released their own album that topped the charts! lol SNSD hasn't done much in the JP scene yet.. and they would probably cost like a million dollars anyway XD
But I vote JYJ especially, they're promoting in the US with their tour coming up, and DBSK has (or used to have? But I remember seeing an article saying Tohoshinki's music is still selling like crazy even though they're broken up) a huge presence in Japan ^^ They even did one of the One Piece ending songs!! <3
And lately I've been addicted to Love in The Ice lives http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkjvne7qnYc -goosebumps-

roarkyo

Quote from: chifunii on February 26, 2011, 09:26:51 PM
Quote from: roarkyo on February 26, 2011, 10:44:16 AM

<3 forever and always! I have high hopes for this year's MusicFest~ only 3 months left!!!!

FLOW had a great time here, I posted a link to a message they left on YouTube about their experience here, it's in the FLOW thread ;) hopefully we'll be able to have them back someday, they loved it as much as we did xD
Flow was pretty amazing, but I think An Cafe was my favorite for some reason :D
MusicFest is the best part of Fanime:b
Fanime attendee 2007-2010
May not be able to attend 2011 or 2012 Fanime :(

Kaienlulu

:D
Jpop
1.abingdon boys school
2. Any Jonny's Ent.

Kpop
1. JYJ
2. B2ST

Cosplay Cyborg

Okay, I KNOW I'm not the only gamer out there who's heard of The Protomen. They're playing at PAX East but I would die of pure, fangirlish glee if they played at MusifcFest. I'm part of a semi-official fanclub on DeviantART and so I know a lot of people from the West Coast would DEFINITELY come out and support them if they performed at a con over here in California.

This is their website: http://protomen.com/

And they have a music player right there on the home page so you can get a grasp of what they sound like. They're performance and two of the albums are pretty much, in a nutshell, something like a rock opera based on the first MegaMan game. The band is hilarious and they love to chill with their fans so I think having them visit Fanime would be amazingly fun! Plus, their shows are awesome.

Youtube links from some of their concerts:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgHbJSJCuM <-- cover of Flash!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSngECMI488 <-- The Will of One, which is one of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWG3nkkvjY <-- Light Up The Night, which is my all-time favorite.

The best part about these guys is that they sound amazing live AND in the studio. That's hard to come by for bands like this.

So anyway. That's my pitch for The Protomen. I'm afraid I don't do them enough justice. But please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEEEEEEASE consider The Protomen for Musicfest, if not this year, then perhaps next year!!

Thank you!

heeroyuy135

You should all bring TeddyLoid and D-YAMA to FanimeCon, they would bring some monster setlists that would be perfect for this convention

Tony

Well, at least two people on this thread might be happy.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Acid_Android

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2011, 12:28:24 PM

:D More than two! :D :D :D
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

jemz

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Glitch

Quote from: Cosplay Cyborg on March 01, 2011, 05:23:11 PM
Okay, I KNOW I'm not the only gamer out there who's heard of The Protomen. They're playing at PAX East but I would die of pure, fangirlish glee if they played at MusifcFest. I'm part of a semi-official fanclub on DeviantART and so I know a lot of people from the West Coast would DEFINITELY come out and support them if they performed at a con over here in California.

This is their website: http://protomen.com/

And they have a music player right there on the home page so you can get a grasp of what they sound like. They're performance and two of the albums are pretty much, in a nutshell, something like a rock opera based on the first MegaMan game. The band is hilarious and they love to chill with their fans so I think having them visit Fanime would be amazingly fun! Plus, their shows are awesome.

Youtube links from some of their concerts:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgHbJSJCuM <-- cover of Flash!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSngECMI488 <-- The Will of One, which is one of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elWG3nkkvjY <-- Light Up The Night, which is my all-time favorite.

The best part about these guys is that they sound amazing live AND in the studio. That's hard to come by for bands like this.

So anyway. That's my pitch for The Protomen. I'm afraid I don't do them enough justice. But please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEEEEEEASE consider The Protomen for Musicfest, if not this year, then perhaps next year!!

Thank you!
This actually sounds like a good idea.

Kuudere

Gah. What a tease.

When should we expect an official announcement, anyhow? April-ish?

PyronIkari

Quote from: MeowDesu on March 03, 2011, 04:21:15 PM

Gah. What a tease.

When should we expect an official announcement, anyhow? April-ish?

Be a pro and go through the entire thread and see which group only got listed by two people.

Kuudere

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 03, 2011, 04:22:28 PM
Be a pro and go through the entire thread and see which group only got listed by two people.

You know, I totally would because I'm lame like that, but this little comment is what's stopping me:
Quote from: Acid_Android on March 03, 2011, 01:06:17 PM

So we only narrowed it down to 3+ requests.  :(

Acid_Android

Quote from: MeowDesu on March 03, 2011, 04:28:52 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on March 03, 2011, 04:22:28 PM

You know, I totally would because I'm lame like that, but this little comment is what's stopping me:
Quote from: Acid_Android on March 03, 2011, 01:06:17 PM

So we only narrowed it down to 3+ requests.  :(

Or it could be there to purposefully throw you off  ;)
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Kuudere

Wow, good job with the first guest! Perfect for us DRRR! cosplayers! Maybe I'll show up to it as Celty?  ;D

LastExile

Quote from: MeowDesu on March 03, 2011, 06:27:10 PM
Wow, good job with the first guest! Perfect for us DRRR! cosplayers! Maybe I'll show up to it as Celty?  ;D

I know I'll be showing up to it as Kida. :3

Kuudere

Quote from: LastExile on March 03, 2011, 07:44:54 PM
Quote from: MeowDesu on March 03, 2011, 06:27:10 PM
Wow, good job with the first guest! Perfect for us DRRR! cosplayers! Maybe I'll show up to it as Celty?  ;D

I know I'll be showing up to it as Kida. :3
You think this'll up the amount of cosplayers for our little group?  ;)

I'm thrilled that Musicfest staff got someone who's really anime-related. That's all I wanted.

jemz

Quote from: MeowDesu on March 03, 2011, 08:46:56 PM

I'm thrilled that Musicfest staff got someone that's really anime-related. That's all I wanted.

FLOW is really anime-related too! They did all sorts of theme songs and played them all at last year's MusicFest!
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って