Post Fanime Thank You! Kingdom Hearts Gathering

Started by maikiritori, June 12, 2010, 07:44:28 PM

maikiritori

Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

Rhoswen

??? well my Larxene cosplay is up in the air. my friends are talking about left for dead cosplays so its kinda getting all mixed up. i'll try to keep updated and see how my other 2 cosplays are going but Larxene right now hasn't been touched or started to be made. Sorry.... I'm going to really try to make it but worst come to worst it may not get done.

*edit November 13* well as of now I have a slim chance of me being able to finish larxene. But I'm trying my best!

*edit January 22* :'( I'm so sad. I'm most likey not able to finish Larxene. I've been behind in my other cosplays and am busy with school work and sports. I hope I can try to make it to the gathering at least to see everyone.
Stars cannot shine without Darkness.

ShadowYazoo

Will be there as Repliku and my gf as Namine.

On a related note, if anyone has pictures of Reno photobombing the organization gathering at 2012, let me know. I was unable to find any so far.

AkiraKita

I will be going as Isa and I have a friend going as Lea with me!
Fanime 2016
Borderlands 2 - Mordecai
TftB - Rhys
DAI - King Alistair

maikiritori

OK, first off....
I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THE THREAD!!!!
Today is the first day I've had internet since October. I really do feel horrible about not updating this thread. >_< Please forgive me.

Now on to business.

@Pologirl: I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to finish Larxene, however you are more than welcome at the gathering anyway. In cosplay or not, we love ya!

@ShadowYazoo: I'm updating the list now. :D

@AkiraKita: I'm updating the list now. :D

The countdown's on, see you all very soon!

PS: I'll go through and organize the list/characters/games into the proper order later. I just wanted to get the update out there.

JoeMamaInc

maikiritori

Unless there are complaints, the gathering will be held on Saturday @ 5 on the big slab FCC HS. This time/day seems to be the best for everyone, but if we need to move it, we can. I'm totally flexible with it.

JoeMamaInc

maikiritori

It's already on the first post; but if there are any issues, I can change it. No one's objected to this time/day as of yet.

Rhoswen

I may as well throw it out there, that I do have a keyblade that I could loan for the gathering... It's a prop I made and I also have some halloweentown masks at the moment for larxene, axel, sora, and demyx. I should be able to make a couple more if anyone wants me to. But if you want to look at a tororial i put up on youtube send me a message ^.^ i'm always happy to help out.
So if anyone wants me to bring some stuff go ahead and ask me. I'll be happy to loan it for the gathering photos.
As of my KH cosplay... I may be able to find something quick and easy but i still don't know.

maikiritori

Happy early Valentine's day!! I hope everyone has a good day. Lot's of chocolates for everyone!

Hachimitsu

can I join in?

I am in the process planning to cosplay as young Xehanort but may need some advice about his keyblade

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120515235411/kingdomhearts/images/0/06/Young_Xehanort's_Keyblade_KH3D.png
I know its "no name" but
after reviewing this other image
http://images.wikia.com/kingdomhearts/es/images/6/6e/Young_Xehanort_Keyblade.jpg
I would like to knowis::
"Does his blade region glows in the dark"?

Rhoswen

Ok I have an idea that I may be able to pull off. I'm making an alice in wonderland red "um" dress; then I found a heartless dress online and it looks so close I may be able to make it. Would that be acceptable at the gathering?

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Pologirl on February 19, 2013, 09:07:56 AM
Ok I have an idea that I may be able to pull off. I'm making an alice in wonderland red "um" dress; then I found a heartless dress online and it looks so close I may be able to make it. Would that be acceptable at the gathering?

i think so but it kinda reminds me more of a....oc form? I dont know how this process works O_O!

Rhoswen

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on February 19, 2013, 07:34:05 PM
Quote from: Pologirl on February 19, 2013, 09:07:56 AM

i think so but it kinda reminds me more of a....oc form? I dont know how this process works O_O!

That's the idea! Exactly where I got it but idk how it's going to work. I may just make a whole new dress for it.

Hachimitsu

dont worry, since it's still kingdom hearts theme, i think it is still acceptable ^ ^!

maikiritori

I'm really lenient about KH ness ness. My view is that pretty much anything Disney or FF is all systems go because the KH universe allows you to do an infinite amount of crossovers.

@Hachimitsu-ink: I think it does glow, but I don't know how you'll be able to make it glow... Maybe try with some really bright paint/glow in the dark paint? It won't really matter because of the time of day the gathering will be, but if you're going to be carrying your keyblade around after dark, glow in the dark might work. You could always try to insert tube lights and batteries and whatnot, but I don't know your skill level, budget or time constraints. This could always be a long term work in progress. I'll put you down as attending on the first page. XD

@Pologirl: SWEETNESS! Also, as I already said, Um is totally cool... A heartless Um or a nobody Um twist would be an interesting addition to the gathering. As always though, even if you're not in costume; you are more than welcome to show up and have fun with everyone.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there!! 90 days, yo.

maikiritori

Also, I'm looking for someone to help me organize the gathering on site. The last few years have been difficult for me, because I also work for CGD and I've been late to the gathering twice (only 5 minutes, but still...LATE). Please let me know if you're interested in helping. Mostly, all you'll need to do is help me with letting either photogs or cospeeps know what poses/countdowns we are doing.

Hachimitsu

I wanna help.. ....
i also have an artist alley table but I know im putting that on helper mode ^ ^! becuase for once I wanna have fun T_T! i been withhelding kingdom hearts gatherings for over 4 years!.....

I wanna join bck again T_T!

@maikiritori:: thanks for the advice, don't worry about the glow part, I really am looking foward trying to get this glow to work.. so far i got the keys working.. but i think its a three tier set since i failed to realized the key's tooth. eeventually i can figure this out ^ ^! i just wanted to know if this blade does glow or not!

maikiritori

I'll have to stop by your table in Artist's Alley. :D