Real Vampires do not sparkle... there i said it.

Started by Jerry, June 28, 2010, 09:12:48 AM

Jerry

This is more a lol-thread than anything else. so please have a sense of humor as you post here.

With all the hype of the Twilight series, fans of the two sides [Vampires and Werewolves] as well as Anti-fans are always ready to debate the "realism" as it were.

My brief opinion on the matter:

- Vampires Dont Sparkle.
- Werewolves Dont turn into Dogs that look angry.
- pretty high school girls Dont get the boys to fight over her.

oh and these arent the droids your looking for:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Admiral Donuts

Well, the werewolf (or were-anything) myth spans many cultures and quite a few of those involve people turning into non-anthropomorphic animals. But werewolves should be wolves.

In case you were unaware, Stephanie Meyer donated millions to Mormon Church that campaigned for Prop 8. Those of you who enjoy yaoi/yuri and Twilight may have some internal conflicts to resolve.

Somebody

Just a random thought from a former Twi-tard... later on Stephenie "revealed" that they aren't werewolves, they are shapeshifter wolves, and that the vampires knew it the whole time and just never thought it was important enough to mention it. STUPID. *is shot*
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Mi Feng

Oh course real vampires don't sparkle. And a stalking relationship isn't healthy either. ^^ I wouldn't want my boyfriend to watch me sleep every single night. >.>

Glitch

Quote from: Jerry on June 28, 2010, 09:12:48 AM
This is more a lol-thread than anything else. so please have a sense of humor as you post here.
Which is why it should probably be moved from the "serious business" area.

Jerry

what you mean lol-ing about sparkly vampires isnt serious business?  :P

anyway, i guess i meant to drum up a conversation/debate on what 'real' vampires and werewolves would be like as opposed to be dramatized up in teeny bopper movies.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Wait aren't Vampires, regardless of if they sparkle or not, you know, not real anyway?

Either way I agree on that part.

Like the other said some mythos of Werewolves say they can turn into wolves. That and Lycans from D&D can. Yes I use D&D to standardize any Mythos that come up in a topic.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on June 30, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
Wait aren't Vampires, regardless of if they sparkle or not, you know, not real anyway?
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!  Same thought crossed my mind.

rude32

Twilight's like soccer. They run around for 2 hours, nobody scores, and its billion fans insist you just don't understand. lol
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

himitsu_

I went to go see Twilight and New Moon
...But I mainly went for the audience.
I was sitting in front of a woman who was talking excitedly when Edward or Jacob came on-screen

On a more serious note,
it is a bit odd that vampires sparkle in the light. As predatory (albeit fictional) creatures, wouldn't they want to divert attention away from them? 
Perhaps the sparkles are meant to shock prey into submission?

Jerry

Quote from: rude32 on July 01, 2010, 12:41:57 AM
Twilight's like soccer. They run around for 2 hours, nobody scores, and its billion fans insist you just don't understand. lol

I have to admit this statement totally wins the internet. ~ no offense to soccer or Twilight fans... but i REALLY dont get this crazy obsession...

then again this is coming from a guy who dresses up as an 8-yr old wilderness explorer who crushes on video game/anime girls... so go figure.  :P

Quote from: himitsu_ on July 01, 2010, 01:07:10 AM
I went to go see Twilight and New Moon
...But I mainly went for the audience.
I was sitting in front of a woman who started moaning when Edward or Jacob came on-screen +___+

On a more serious note,
it is a bit odd that vampires sparkle in the light. As predatory (albeit fictional) creatures, wouldn't they want to divert attention away from them? 
Perhaps the sparkles are meant to shock prey into submission? "Oh vampire....You're so gorgeous....BITE ME"

wow moaning grown women, and gushing fan girls... 

i could see sparkles as a distraction, but depending which logic your using [D&D and otherwise] vampires arent suppose to be running around in the daylight anyway... that 'sparkle' effect is special lame special effects for them burning in the sunlight. :P

G.I.R

Quote from: rude32 on July 01, 2010, 12:41:57 AM
This so needs to done as a de-motivational poster.

Jerry

^ in response to above... but not quite...

are twilight mothers really this hot? - dang, there is such a thing as a hottie 40yr old [woman]. :P

i bet just as rare as these 17yr old sparkley vampires.

and for you all you yaoi and vampire on werewolf fantasies...

word cannot express what this pictures displays.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: G.I.R on July 01, 2010, 12:23:45 AM

Well, the vampire myth has origins in actual happenings, mostly theorized to be people trying to explain natural phenomena with supernatural reasoning. There are actually distinctions made between vampires of fiction and vampires of folklore, with the latter being considered "real", in the sense that they existed.

On the topic of vampires in fiction, a professor at my university is considered an expert on vampires in fiction.

michiko nakano

Quote from: Jerry on July 01, 2010, 01:43:04 PM
^ in response to above... but not quite...

are twilight mothers really this hot? - dang, there is such a thing as a hottie 40yr old [woman]. :P

i bet just as rare as these 17yr old sparkley vampires.

and for you all you yaoi and vampire on werewolf fantasies...

word cannot express what this pictures displays.
Everything about these pictures is win

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jeimizu on July 01, 2010, 11:22:07 PM
Quote from: G.I.R on July 01, 2010, 12:23:45 AM

Well, the vampire myth has origins in actual happenings, mostly theorized to be people trying to explain natural phenomena with supernatural reasoning. There are actually distinctions made between vampires of fiction and vampires of folklore, with the latter being considered "real", in the sense that they existed.

On the topic of vampires in fiction, a professor at my university is considered an expert on vampires in fiction.

Just because people dug up corpses in the past and found blood oozing from there mouth does not make Vampires any more real =P

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

okay - i guess the real debate would be.

Team Edward vs  Team Jacob.

http://geeksdreamgirl.com/2010/07/14/twilight-team-get-these-guys-a-hobby/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GeeksDreamGirl+%28Geek%27s+Dream+Girl%29

Twilight: Team Get These Guys a Hobby

Full disclosure: I have read the first Twilight book, but not the others.  I've never seen any of the movies.  And yet, I know a fair amount about the series, both because I am a living, breathing human in the year 2010 and because I have gleefully read up the plots of the rest of the books on Wikipedia.

I am one of those rare individuals with an immunity to Twilight.  I'm not afraid to sit down with a Young Adult novel (cough, Harry Potter, cough) but this one didn't inspire me to seek out the others.  However, as with politics, I've  been told I have to take a side in the biggest battle of our times: Team Edward or Team Jacob.

What the what?

The books have all been written, right?  Similar to Harry Potter, there is a definite answer as to the victor.  But apparently that doesn't matter – choosing a side means something, says something about who you are.

Well, I can buy that.  Let's see what this whole Team Twilight rigmarole does say about you:

Team Edward – Hope You Didn't Like Peeing Alone

Okay, he's creepy.  I said it.  He lurks in your bedroom at night, he probably cleans out your hairbrush and goes through your garbage.  You're joined at the hip, and he's the worst kind of possessive.  Not to mention controlling; many have compared Edward to Bella's father, that he's essentially the involved, present parental figure.  So, if you're the kind of girl who's two feet away from calling your boyfriend Daddy and joining a patriarchal cult, Edward may be your guy.

Seriously, do I need to say what I really think?  Stalking's not cool, guys and girls.  It's all fun and games until someone gets a fangy cesarean.

Team Jacob – He'll Leave Bats On Your Back Porch

Ah, Jacob.  Loyal, not afraid to be kicked.  Just as possessive as Edward, really, but he's rarely allowed to be so.  Jacob's main selling points are that he's more human – children that won't eat their way out of you!  – and he's hot.  Um, I mean, warm-blooded.  Despite being a rough-and-tough werewolf, chances are he will not leave you in bruised heap after sex.  And on a cold night, instant space heater/fur blanket!

Those on the Team Jacob team at least prefer less stalking, but are probably the type of women who wouldn't mind reading a romance novel with Fabio on the cover.  They're the hopeless romantics who want to be swept off their feet – literally.  Oh wait, that's Team Edward girls too.  Where's the guy who wants Bella to be independent and take kickboxing lessons?
When a Woman Loves a Fictional Character

I've heard there's a term called Twilight Widowers – men whose girlfriends and wives have become obsessed with the Twilight books and the perfection of Edward (or Jacob).  I've already established that they're not perfect, but why would anyone get swept up in the mania?

Well, there are varying reasons.  For middle-aged women, they're caught up in the suffocating importance of young love – perhaps reminding them of their own first relationships.  Some love Romeo & Juliet for the same reasons (another one that I think depicts love in all the wrong ways).

For young girls, more disturbingly, they think this is the way things should be.  To girls in the throes of hormones, it's perfectly acceptable to blank out for a few months after being dumped.  To girls with low self-esteem, the idea of someone obsessed with them, who thinks they're perfect, is intoxicating.

Women who hold the men of Twilight up as perfect boyfriends are either setting themselves up for disappointment or to date someone with control issues.  So, fellow geeks, as you look around the girls in your life – your nieces, daughters, sisters – do the romance world a favor and make them read the Harry Potter books instead.  Team Ron and Hermione all the way.

TC X0 Lt 0X

... Why do we let you post in the Serious Business Section Jerry?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Runewitt

one of my arguments against twilight.

Edward is a Pedo and Bella is interested in Inter-species erotica.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

rude32

Twilight= One woman's choice between whether to commit beastiality or necrophilia.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer