There are a LOT this year. Not just Fanime's musicfest, but also:

YOU&JIN in LA
Wonder Girls&guest2PM@SF '10
Miyavi @ SF '10
D'espairsRay @ SF '10
VAMPS @ SF '10
Dir En Grey @ SF 9/9/10
SMTown '10 in LA

and so...let's discuss! I was not allowed to go to any of the above. Only Fanime(LM.C & FLOW). So I also want to know what you guys did and what kinds of goods they had. I want to die for some concert goods right now.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Jerry

My roommate is totally excited about D'espairsRay & Dir En Grey later in the year in San Francisco.

I think she's even camping out the night/day before in line.

She says she has as much fun talking with the fans in line as she rocks out in the crowd. :D

I have a personal friend who does the photoshoots, so depending on my luck/availability I might hang out with one of these bands before or after their show. It's amazing to realize these J-rockers love their random American food and will search high and low in SF for places open late or 24/7.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Glitch

I would kill to go see SNSD at SMTown. Even though I'm not into the other groups performing there, I would sit through hours of it just to see my Jessica Jung. ^.^

.::midnight.maiden::.

I really want to try camping out in line in the future...impossible for me right now. :[
J-Rock artists really do love food and photography >w< they always put up pictures of what they're eating on Twitter xD or they put a picture of the weather, whether it is good or bad...

I'm not much into SNSD...they're ok, but too feminine >.< I can see why they would have a lot of male fans haha! As stupid as it sounds, I was considering auditioning for these Korean entertainment agencies...but I'm afraid that if I were to make it big, I would get a lot of unwanted attention o_o;
AOD - 2011-

r3za1264

Quote from: Glitch on July 24, 2010, 12:54:45 AM
I would kill to go see SNSD at SMTown. Even though I'm not into the other groups performing there, I would sit through hours of it just to see my Jessica Jung. ^.^
how aboot some of dat sooyung? haha

Glitch

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on July 30, 2010, 09:26:21 PM
I'm not much into SNSD...they're ok, but too feminine >.< I can see why they would have a lot of male fans haha! As stupid as it sounds, I was considering auditioning for these Korean entertainment agencies...but I'm afraid that if I were to make it big, I would get a lot of unwanted attention o_o;
The cute feminine image does help them. :)  Another reason why I listen to them and not other korean pop artist(who actually show alot more booty) is because SNSD sound more upbeat pop than R&B.(almost every korean group seems to be R&B) Just my personal taste.

I heard if you are a part of a korean entertainment agency, you are pretty much their property.  Not sure to what extent though.

Jerry

dont forget:

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/5810296-despairsray-at-slims

D'espairs Ray is going to be in SF tomorrow night @ Slims.

be there, or um... i guess your not into J-rock.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: Glitch on July 31, 2010, 05:58:26 PM
The cute feminine image does help them. :)  Another reason why I listen to them and not other korean pop artist(who actually show alot more booty) is because SNSD sound more upbeat pop than R&B.(almost every korean group seems to be R&B) Just my personal taste.

I heard if you are a part of a korean entertainment agency, you are pretty much their property.  Not sure to what extent though.
I noticed SNSD are more pop, too. Oh! xD

I've heard of the property thing,too. Apparently SM's contracts last for 13 years O.o;. Exactly why JYJ filed a lawsuit against SM. YG contracts are 5 years, which is reasonable...and probably a bit more relaxed.
AOD - 2011-

Glitch

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on August 06, 2010, 12:47:50 PM
Quote from: Glitch on July 31, 2010, 05:58:26 PM

I noticed SNSD are more pop, too. Oh! xD

I've heard of the property thing,too. Apparently SM's contracts last for 13 years O.o;. Exactly why JYJ filed a lawsuit against SM. YG contracts are 5 years, which is reasonable...and probably a bit more relaxed.
13 years? 0_0 I can't imagine living like that.

Acid_Android

If you're interested, I was emailed this information for BOOM BOOM SATELLITES tomorrow in SF!

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!