burlesque 101

Started by Darkin, July 25, 2010, 06:16:09 PM

Darkin

Hey, I wanted to leave feedback on this panel but haven't been able to find a thread dedicated to it. The speaker was really interesting and fun, and I thought the brief history of some famous burlesque idols was really cool! It was really really neat being able to see her perform for us at the end and see video of her work with fire, but she spent the majority of the panel talking about herself. That's not bad necissarily, certainly she is a charming and interesting lady! But from the title of the panel my friends and I were expecting it to be more of a class than anything, and we were a little dissapointed we didn't come out of it learning anything. If she comes back again next year (I feel so bad that I don't remember her name) my suggestion/request is that she give 10 minutes or something to teaching the audience a move or two, like how to do that flirty walk, or maybe something working with a chair? I dunno ^_^;;  We asked her if she would be interested in teaching a class next year after the panel and she sounded interested, though  maybe she was just being polite.
Don't Panic