Halo: Reach

Started by LordKefka, September 17, 2010, 08:44:46 PM

LordKefka

I just bought Reach today and beat it and I liked it quite a bit, better than Halo 2 and Halo 3 and ODST story wise. Anyone here got it also?
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Of course I did.
Have not played Campaign but I am sure it is better.
Multiplayer wise it is not nearly as good as the other games.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Dagger-6

I liked ODST's campaign better (felt more like you were fighting a war) but I like the multiplayer more, especially firefight.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Reach's Campaign was good. But basically all of Noble Team died like panzies.
I mean like Cat died to a Needle to the head, because she apparently did not have her shields up. We COULD destroy this Scarab by hitting it's weak spot, but lets suicide bomb a Pelican into it instead.
=P

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LordKefka

The only thing I was pissed off about was the ending where Noble 6 just decided to stay to die. I mean... wouldn't it be more useful to have him alive to protect Cortana and fight whatever etc etc rather than finding a place to die with honor? -_-;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: LordKefka on September 26, 2010, 09:20:40 PM
The only thing I was pissed off about was the ending where Noble 6 just decided to stay to die. I mean... wouldn't it be more useful to have him alive to protect Cortana and fight whatever etc etc rather than finding a place to die with honor? -_-;

True, but in the rush of things I can understand why they could not get a Pelican to pick him up at the end.
You know, withe a Covenant Armada on the Pillar of Autumn tail which outruns the ship anyways.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

I played it on co-op (legendary) and breezed through it in about 4-5 hours but I struggled a bit on the 2nd mission going solo because the ally AIs weren't all that intelligent. I had to go through every mission with a plasma pistol as my side arm, just to noob the elites and vehicles. :P

I don't like how Kat got killed off so easily by a passing covenant ship, it was a little disappointing.

Matchmaking games feel a little slow for me and I've gotten tired of playing on Hallows already. :P

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: c2chaos on September 27, 2010, 08:58:44 PM
I played it on co-op (legendary) and breezed through it in about 4-5 hours but I struggled a bit on the 2nd mission going solo because the ally AIs weren't all that intelligent. I had to go through every mission with a plasma pistol as my side arm, just to noob the elites and vehicles. :P

I don't like how Kat got killed off so easily by a passing covenant ship, it was a little disappointing.

Matchmaking games feel a little slow for me and I've gotten tired of playing on Hallows already. :P
Reach is slower then H3

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

I'm taking forever to kill someone with the battle rifle. :P

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

Yeah, I do that but I usually get killed (splattered) by someone else. I get matched on Hallows a lot and it's not like I have a choice in stages. (>_<)
It's like I'm playing Frogger on that stage. Me being Frogger, I have to look around me for incoming vehicles, especially those mini-wraiths.
I often end up going through the rest of the match with a plasma pistol. This gun just owns even more now with it's EMP function. XD

"I'm not noobing you, I'm just trying to not get run over. Oh! AND I'm taking your vehicle."

TC X0 Lt 0X

Why are you playing BTB?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

Yeah, and I'm sure that's why I get stuck with that stage 89 percent of the time. (-_-)

DentyneIce408

Halo: Reach my cure for MW2 fever, lol.

I love the battle rifle but prefer the needle rifle more. :) I can kill people with it across the map most of the time. I think my most dislike gun has to be the grenade launcher especially when I use it in invasion mode. But all in all I like this game more then Halo 3. In H3 people always keep the best abilities to themselves.

My most favorite ability is the invisiblity(sp?) It's cheap, I know. 
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

TC X0 Lt 0X

What are these 'Abilities' you speak of for H3?
Reach being better then H3 is laughable to.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

DentyneIce408

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on October 02, 2010, 10:42:44 PM
What are these 'Abilities' you speak of for H3?
Reach being better then H3 is laughable to.

They aren't really best but more of needed for certain situations, mostly for objective modes. IMO, I like the (besides choosing what ability loadouts) fall damage, life replenishing and no more dual wielding.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

TC X0 Lt 0X

There is Life Recharge in H3. Not something static like Reach that goes up 3 bars per shield recharge.
Fall Damage is annoying sense it just leads to people being at a disadvantage. And I laugh at Bungie for being so terrible as to make a few of there lifts do fall damage to the players making them worthless.
I can care less about Duel Wielding, but I would prefer it over Assassination Animations which added nothing to the game other then to act like a form to mock people, which we have Teebags for. What a waste of resources.

When I read the Gameinformer review I found it Hilarious when they said this game has the best maps of the franchise. Half of them are bad remakes and the other half have no effort put into them because Bungie is so balls over on Forge World. I really wish 343 had there hands on the game, because it seems to me the Bungie members that left to join it must have been the only guys there that had any idea how to make a game balanced and competitive.
Oh then we got Sage Merrill ruining the game.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I just went calculating with the statistics I have found over the net, to determine how long it would take to reach the highest rank of Inheritor worth 20,000,00cr.
My calculations indicate it would take 334 Days to Reach this rank, obtaining the full 60,000cr cap a day. The Credit cap takes about 20 hours a day assuming it takes 15min to complete a game (including pre and post game time) worth 750cr, which means 4 games worth 3000cr an hour. In other words, it would take the average person 6667~ hours to reach Inheritor.

Of course the daily cap can be reached much faster then 20 hours with Accommodations, Challenges, Exploits(assuming you don't get caught and hit with a Banhammer), and mass Gruntpocalypse runs, but with the daily cap in place the minimal time will be 334 Days of gameplay.

S*** be disgusting.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

Dang! It'd take a year to reach that point! OK, I give up! I'm going back to MW2.