mydjsobad.com Hardcore Synergy at FanimeCon 2011

Started by Empathy, October 15, 2010, 10:08:15 PM

Empathy

Hey there fanime staff and congoers,

I came to fanime 2010 for the first time, and I also attended Anime Expo this year as well. I really thoroughly enjoyed the programming of both conventions. One thing that I really enjoyed about Anime Expo was the Hardcore Synergy dance on friday night. I think it would be really awesome if Hardcore Synergy could happen at Fanime in the future. Even if just a couple DJs could come out from Japan that would make my day, and I'm sure a lot of others would enjoy it too! Hardcore Synergy has been a mainstay at Anime Central for a few years now, and hopefully has taken root at Anime Expo as well. I really think the guys who coordinate Hardcore Synergy with the cons know how to throw a killer party, and would definitely make Fanime an even more awesome con to attend than it already is!

ohayo_sunshine

I went to Hardcore Synergy during AX'10 and I'm not going to lie, it was the highlight of my entire convention! Even now, when people ask me about how AX was, it's the first thing that comes to mind. I really hope that this is going to happen ;D

PyronIkari

If you didn't know, mydjsobad was actually at Fanime last year and had a booth selling stuff. Not saying anything, or promising anything, but this idea was actually thrown around already. What resulted/may result/has resulted is yet unknown. I'm pretty sure we Fanime can't have an even that big, as space and money is much more limited.

Empathy

Yeah, I know. I bought a bunch of albums from them at Fanime. I've seen some of the names around Fanime and I'm sure that something like Hardcore Synergy could happen, even on a more limited scale of 1 or 2 DJs and a handful of local talent or as a supplemental to the dance, even.

mDuo13

Yeah, I met the mydjsobad guys at Fanime, bought a few CDs, and ended up going to the event at Anime Expo. The venue itself wasn't that big (probably smaller in size to the hall Fanime uses for its dance, though it was an actual nightclub) but it was pretty packed and I had a totally amazing time. The Japanese DJs were pretty awesome guys and I would totally love to see a couple of them at Fanime, plus I know some amateurs in the area are actually pretty decent DJs too.

So yeah, I've love to see a Hardcore Synergy event at Fanime.

M

I know that there has definitely been discussions between them and FanimeCon, but I don't know and can't comment. Voicing your suggestion on this helps though! :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Nitro411

Dude, Hardcore Synergy was indeed awesome and I would be psyched to see it again! Hopin' to hear and see it again!
D00d, 1f |7 a1n7 0n t3h n37 |7 d0n'7 3x|zt!