When do they update th website? For 2011?

Started by Minda91, November 04, 2010, 08:52:46 PM

Minda91

I really want to know. It's November and I really am getting anxious about this whole thing. I want to be able to get the best deals on the Hotel room like I did last year before the rooms are sold out.  I really need to know when they are going to update  the website.

ewu

if you are looking for hotel reg, that will not be up until Jan, Dec at best. as for the remaining content, look for that in the next few weeks. Of course, that will be massively incomplete as we add more and more programming at the year progresses.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

kookiekween99

I would actually prefer them to spend a couple of months on the website and have it be awesome than to throw something together in 5 minutes and have it look like crap.

Just saying.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

M

We try to update the website as soon as possible, not many situations come up. Please keep in mind that FanimeCon staffers do this along with the rest of their lives (school, full time jobs, families, etc.). I'm not using it an excuse, but we are working on getting it up asap. I've been keeping up to date with the design and it looks really nice. :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

toshi

May we also know the Mascots for Fanime 2011? =]

Armored-Heart

Quote from: toshi on November 06, 2010, 02:49:23 PM

The mascots are technically the same every year, aren't they? The artists just put them in different outfits and such depending on the theme, if I'm not mistaken. And this year's theme is steampunk. c:
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Jerry

Quote from: MPLe on November 05, 2010, 08:01:55 PM
We try to update the website as soon as possible, not many situations come up. Please keep in mind that FanimeCon staffers do this along with the rest of their lives (school, full time jobs, families, etc.).

Quoted for emphasis --- again all of the staff members for FanimeCon, put all of their efforts on a volunteer basis on top of having very busy lives.

Be patient, and be grateful that these Fanime Staffers are doing the best they can under given circumstances.
and when its finally up, please give them props!

Hype for FanimeCon 2011.
Woot.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

toshi

Quote from: Armored-Heart on November 07, 2010, 12:39:59 AM
The mascots are technically the same every year, aren't they? The artists just put them in different outfits and such depending on the theme, if I'm not mistaken. And this year's theme is steampunk. c:

Awesome, I really hope to see the new designs from the artists soon. Steampunk is going to be shweet!

M

Our mascots are the same characters just cosplaying and put into situations that relate to our theme.

Bonus points if you know their names! :)

Armored-Heart

Quote from: MPLe on November 10, 2010, 03:21:53 PM

Our mascots are the same characters just cosplaying and put into situations that relate to our theme.

Amber, Becky, Candy, Damien, and Elliot. :B

Their references are on the FanimeCon deviantART page. That's the only reason why I know. xD;

KyraEnsui

I always give the staffs props for using their spare time to help Fanime keep on running. <3 That's why most of us come year by year. It will be awesome to see it awesome with the new year. I can't wait to see it~

M

Quote from: Armored-Heart on November 11, 2010, 12:53:05 AMAmber, Becky, Candy, Damien, and Elliot. :B

Their references are on the FanimeCon deviantART page. That's the only reason why I know. xD;
What a cheater. You get bonus points. Too bad the points don't matter.
Quote from: KyraEnsui on November 11, 2010, 09:50:43 AM
I always give the staffs props for using their spare time to help Fanime keep on running. <3 That's why most of us come year by year. It will be awesome to see it awesome with the new year. I can't wait to see it~
We definitely try to top the previous years. Lets hope we keep this trend going! :D

Armored-Heart

Quote from: MPLe on November 12, 2010, 05:21:18 PM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on November 11, 2010, 12:53:05 AMAmber, Becky, Candy, Damien, and Elliot. :B

What a cheater. You get bonus points. Too bad the points don't matter.

I meant that was where I originally saw the names. xD I'm horrible at remembering which character is which, though. But hey, I try. :B And haha; can't wait for Whose Line is it Fanime this year. <3

By the way, major props to the staff for always making Fanime awesome. I know people have said it before, but I just wanted to say your hard work is much appreciated. c:

electrocute

I don't particularly want a NEW website, I just want to know the set dates for the con so I can book a room. : P
Waiting till the last minute leaves a lot of frustration and empty pockets for this starving student.
2012 Cosplay List
Kuroshitsuji - Elizabeth Middleford

Fanime lover since 2008!

SOawesomeness

The set dates are always Memorial Weekend, so the 2011 dates will be May 27-30 with Day Zero on the 26th. :3
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Minda91

Yay the 26th is my Birthday.
I will be turning 20.
So I wanted to know if you guys can inform us when the website is updated and done completely. I'm not trying to rush you guys but it might be a little easier for all of us to notify us when the website is done for 2011. Thanks ^_^ ^_^

ewu

The best way to keep track is either to regularly check the website for updates or join the fanimecon twitter.

http://twitter.com/fanimecon
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

toshi

Quote from: Armored-Heart on November 11, 2010, 12:53:05 AM
Quote from: MPLe on November 10, 2010, 03:21:53 PM

Amber, Becky, Candy, Damien, and Elliot. :B

Yes, yes, the same characters~
But I wonder if they'll be wearing a new design or whatnot which I cannot wait to see. =]

M

Quote from: toshi on November 25, 2010, 01:33:39 AMYes, yes, the same characters~
But I wonder if they'll be wearing a new design or whatnot which I cannot wait to see. =]
Our characters are drawn and colored to fit our theme each and every year. :)