Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Started by bahamutknightzero, November 16, 2010, 04:58:25 PM

bahamutknightzero

Despite the difficulties that arose with the unexpected large turnout, 2013's Marvel/DC Gathering managed to turn out pretty well and might be setting up for a big showing for 2014. I'm proud to announce that the gathering will be back for 2014, so for those of you that are a little new to this, any incarnation of Marvel or DC character, be it based on their appearance from the comics/video games/TV shows/movies are all welcome here. Hope to see all those from 2013 return and welcome all newcomers for 2014.

Taking some things from 2013 into perspective, with how much the gathering has grown since the inception back in 2011, there is a need for a kind volunteer or two to help assist me with running the gathering. Also, there is some consideration of moving the gathering time (maybe 2pm? maybe earlier?) and location change as well (don't know the new specs/layout of the convention center redesign yet, so a tentative choice might be the park area that the Homestuck gathering used due to size).

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Day: Saturday
Time: 2pm (moved the start time back to allow people to grab lunch and make it in time if they get stuck in a line)
MP&L: G9 "Fallout Zone" central slab around art work ( been told that this area will be large enough for a group our size)

List of attending

Marvel Universe
CountMetal - Bruce Banner
Eliteslayer - Agent Coulson
Thatonepuppetpal - Melinda May (Agents of SHIELD version)
EJAY420 - Spider-Ham
Jesse Uppercut - Wolverine (original comic version)
demetria656 - Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan version) or Wiccan (Young Avengers version)
thereisnodanaonlyzuul's BF - Noh-Varr (Young Avengers version)
Asher9000 - Kid Loki
Asher9000's son - Thor
Raindrop Cosplay - Nightcrawler (fem version)
Raindrop Cosplay's fiance - Magneto (classic version)
Galacticstardust - Spider-man
Galacticstardust's friend - Deadpool

DC Universe
Bahamuknightzero - Power Girl
DrTights - Deathstroke *via Cosplay.com forum*
oshimayuko - Starfire *via Cosplay.com forum*
ICosplayNeji - Red Robin (Undernet suit version)
Gravitiger - Superboy (Jeans/T-Shirt version)
MinoDs - Robin (Young Justice version) or Impulse
Pirate-Sacry - Harley Quinn (Mad Love version)
Pirate-Sacry's BF - Joker
grove_c - Power Girl (DC Bombshell version)
michibeloved - Harley Quinn (Ame-Comi version)
vixentail - Batgirl (Stephanie Brown version)
Tearatone - Scarecrow *via Cosplay.com forum*
Zekke - Black Mask
thereisnodanaonlyzuul - Miss Martian (Young Justice version)
jobiberry - Harley Quinn (DC Bombshells version)
luffy77 - Night Owl II or Superman (Action Comics New 52 Grant Morrison version)
pinknekophiliac - Zatanna

Undecided/Maybe Universe
Chesid - Boom-Boom (New Mutants version)
Chesid's BF - Blue Beetle (Ted Kord version)
stitchez - Tony Stark (Avengers movie version) or Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes version)
Mizuko_Arashimoto - Shadowcat
effektdmentality - Batman (Dark Knight movie version)

Photography Order:
Group Shot
Marvel
DC
Marvel vs DC
Heroes
Villains
Male characters
Females characters
Requests

INITIAL UPDATE (7/15/13): Recycling the topic for the 2014 gathering.  Cleared the information to present a clean slate sort to speak and should be good to go to get things rolling for next year's gathering. Added a little more info to give a bit of an idea of what new things for 2014 (gathering assistants, new location, maybe new time?)

UPDATE (5/10/14):Updating list

LadyGlitterbow

I am excited to see this, as a friend and I are both planning to cosplay as x-men characters and thought it would be fun to get a group going. Even though fanime is mostly for anime, I think comics are also appropriate! I am going as Snowbird, and my friend Liz is going as Marvel girl. We are also going in these costumes to Wondercon. This should be fun!

bahamutknightzero

Yeah I understand that Fanime is usually anime/manga/video game related, but it shouldn't keep people from cosplaying as characters from other sources, like western comics or tv shows (we've seen our share of Star Wars cosplayers every year for example) so this comic gathering fits perfectly fine. I'll go ahead and add you + your friend to the list. Also cool that you guys are heading to Wondercon in the same costumes, hopefully you can spread the word to those attending Wondercon that if they are interested at cosplaying at Fanime that this gathering is available as well.

samcarter

I can do Rogue depending on when other gatherings and when other events fall
Fanime 2014
* Princess Chibi Moon
* Loli Wolverine
* Loli Megaman

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: samcarter on November 30, 2010, 10:39:45 PM
I can do Rogue depending on when other gatherings and when other events fall

Okay, adding you to the list and placing you under the Undecided list for now. If things become more clear for you, I can move you over to the Marvel list as confirmation.

The day and time I am thinking about choosing I felt could work best since it seems like it would be a little out of the way from any other big/important gatherings and hopefully any other events.

Ninja_Autobot

I'm actually planning on going as TWO DC characters this Fanime (way to kick it to the "anime" part of Fanime XP)

I don't know which I will be going as on the day of the gathering, but it will be either Slade from Teen Titans, or the Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes version) from Batman: Brave and the Bold. It'll all depend on if I even go to the gathering, since I also plan on having an artist alley booth XD If I had to pick one for the gathering, though, it will probably be Blue Beetle.

Looking forward to Fanime 2011!
Fanime 2011 cosplays:

Godai Yuusaku (Maison Ikkoku)
Good Boy!Tobi ("Naruto")
Slade ("Teen Titans")
Blue Beetle III ("Blue Beetle," "Teen Titans")

PunkDrunker

Cool!

I should have my Dark Phoenix done from a Con earlier in the year, so I may just bring it to wear to this  :D

bahamutknightzero

Ninja_Autobot and PunkDrunker : Added both of ya

bahamutknightzero

Update: Slight bump to let ya know about the updated list.

Oh, I do have a bit of a question for those attending the gathering. I received a PM last week from someone looking to join the gathering asking about a series that had a comic released by Marvel (G.I. Joe) and I would like your thoughts of whether it is ok or not to allow the representation (it was a good question that had me pretty stumped to figure out). Personally, I would be fine with having them join (not just to avoid being rude, but as a nice little interesting thing), but I would like to know what some of you think of it before making a final decision.

Eliteslayer

I'd be fine with it.

Also, I'll probably be the White Lantern version of Maxwell Lord if I can make it, but if I can't get a new patch attached to the shirt in time, I'll be Wade Wilson from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie. Pre-Barakapool, that is.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

keitoghostie

Oh man, this sounds great.

I totally have a genderbent Blue Beetle costume in the works, so I'll see you guys there!

Ninja_Autobot

Quote from: keitoghostie on January 09, 2011, 05:52:10 AM
Oh man, this sounds great.

I totally have a genderbent Blue Beetle costume in the works, so I'll see you guys there!

No way! :D Which Beetle?
Fanime 2011 cosplays:

Godai Yuusaku (Maison Ikkoku)
Good Boy!Tobi ("Naruto")
Slade ("Teen Titans")
Blue Beetle III ("Blue Beetle," "Teen Titans")

The Crypt

if this doesnt get in the way of the kingdom hearts gathering i can come as two-face
Its the 21st century CURE!!

Cartoon Lunatic

I will definitley be going as Jason Todd's Red Hood! = D I'll have a Batman with me too, chyeah!
Fanime 2011 Cosplays:
The Red Hood: 100% Complete
Rocket Grunt: 100% Complete
NOOB-SAIBOT: 90% Getting there!

Legendary Hero

Lol, yeah I'm the Batman. I'm going to be Hush Batman one day, and Arkham Batman for a couple days. This would be GREAT to get a group started during Fanime '11.
Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

Cartoon Lunatic

-Bump-
Get Hype Comic book cosplayers! I know there's more of yah out there!
Fanime 2011 Cosplays:

ispyangie

Tweet @ispyangie

Cartoon Lunatic

Oh, very nice! Hope to see/meet you there!
Fanime 2011 Cosplays:

ispyangie

Tweet @ispyangie

Cartoon Lunatic

Fanime 2011 Cosplays: