Winter Season 2011 Anime Lineup

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), November 21, 2010, 07:38:53 PM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Winter's lineup for 2010-2011.  What to watch, what to watch...
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

c2chaos

My definite picks to watch for this season will be Beelzebub, Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?, and Iron Vendetta #0.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well I'll definitely try to watch Haiyoru Nyaru-ani.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Glitch

Second season of Mitsudomoe! Total awesomeness.

PyronIkari

Wow... next season looks worse than this season. And this season was pretty god damned awful. The only bright side of this coming season is that it's NOT COMPLETELY infested with bad series based purely on nudity and sex to carry it through. Looks like only 5 instead of 8 series this time around.

Gosick is the only show that I'm kind of interested in, but if it is how people think it will be based on the comic, it won't be worth watching. Why has anime turned to complete crap over the past 2 years. 1-3 good shows a season, and usually 1-2 of them are 2nd/3rd series of already existing shows.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Indeed, Just Like the Gaming Industry...
Though I guess it is still better for me so I can at least keep up with series, lacking any time/willpower to watch many atm.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BerrySinh

Yeah same didn't find anything interesting but the GOSICK art looks really nice to me  :P

Loktera^2

Well, because I haven't had so many hours to work I have more time to do this stuff

3-Episode Test:
Fractale - Good
Kore wa Zombie desu-ka? - SUCK
Onii-chan no koto nanka zensa suki janain Dakarane - SUCK
Haiyoru! Nyaru-ani: Remember my Mr. Lovecraft - SUCK
(Why the sudden popularity in Lovecraft? Who knows.)

Watching:
GOSICK - Good
Level E - Better than expected

OAV:
Supernatural
Kodomo no Jikan

(Hopefully someone subs these)

If most of these shows turn out to be absolute crap, then at least I have more time to work on my backlog.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

After watching the first episodes of most of the anime released, Gosick seems to be the only one that doesn't fall under the negative radar.  I might give Level E, Beelzebub, and Mitsudomoe Zoryochu a shot, but that's about it.  Everything else falls under "dropped" unless convinced enough to watch other shows.  :(
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Kuudere

I must have way more tolerance than some people here...heh.

For what I've watched, here's my 2-episode critique:
;D - Gosick - Great (reminds me of Umineko). I'll be continuing it.
;D - Madoka Magica - I'm a SHAFT/Shinbo fangirl, and despite not being into "magic girl" animes, this one has more appealing dark undertones to it. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.
;D - Kimi ni Todoke 2 - Watching it because I loved the first season. It has its faults, but it's adorable overall. Besides the flashback episode 0, it seems to be recapturing its magic.
:D - Mitsudomoe 2 - Watching it because I loved the first season, again. I hated the first episode of this, though.
:) - Yumekui Merry - I wasn't initially interested, but after 2 episodes, I might stick with it. It's got a pretty decent plot.
:( - Beelzebub - Boring, though my friends find it funny for some reason. It'll take convincing to get me to keep watching.
:( - Freezing - Fanservice central. Very little appeals to me, so I won't be watching the rest.
:( - Onii-chan no Koto - WTF, seriously. No.

The rest don't particularly appeal to me unless I hear some impressive praises of it from others.

Barnes

Currently watching:

QuoteBeelzebub 

Dragon Crisis! 

Freezing   

Gosick 

Hourou Musuko

IS: Infinite Stratos 

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? 

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! 

Rio: Rainbow Gate!

More Starry☆ Sky

Yumekui Merry

Why am i watching all of these? I just figured "why not?" I'm enjoying these so far.

Might watch (I'll give these maybe 2 more eps. then I'll decide from there):

QuoteLevel E

Fractale
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Rin_chan

I really Dream Eater Merry so far, and Dragon Crisis.

Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! seems appealing to me, the animation bugs me for some reason.

But Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? looks good so far to, it's hard to tell after only one episode though.

I plan on checking out Gosick cause the animation looks nice.

Sherbert

Out of all of these, I'm really only interested in Fractal and GOSICK, can anyone recommend a fansub group for them? Anidb says that Victorique, Hatsuyuki-suki, and Tsuki are doing GOSICK in english while GarSubs and HorribleSubs are doing Fractal. Just wanted some input before I started watching, thanks!

I was Snow Villiers from FFXIII accompanied by a Sazh Kastroy from the same game at Fanime 2011. If you have pictures of either of us send me a pm or email! Thanks!

Kuudere

Quote from: Sherbert on January 19, 2011, 11:37:53 PM
Out of all of these, I'm really only interested in Fractal and GOSICK, can anyone recommend a fansub group for them? Anidb says that Victorique, Hatsuyuki-suki, and Tsuki are doing GOSICK in english while GarSubs and HorribleSubs are doing Fractal. Just wanted some input before I started watching, thanks!

HorribleSubs is also doing GOSICK, and I use them solely because they have the most active seeds. Obviously they're just ripped from Crunchyroll/Funimation and the like, so you have to decide whether that kind of quality is up to your standards. I haven't noticed anything glaringly bad that makes me want to stop using them yet, other than no OP/ED subs.

Sherbert

Alright thanks for the quick response. I started GOSICK from Victorique and it's in 720p so the video quality is pretty good. The subs are not bad at all either. Going to look into Fractal now as well.

I was Snow Villiers from FFXIII accompanied by a Sazh Kastroy from the same game at Fanime 2011. If you have pictures of either of us send me a pm or email! Thanks!

PyronIkari

Madoka is the only good thing this season.

Onii-chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! Is... ok. It's kinda funny, and you have to watch it purely as a comedy anime and it's pretty decent.

Everything else is utterly terrible. Not ok, but terrible.