general thread for roomates wanted 2011 (Please read 1st post)

Started by elfgirlkaname, January 03, 2011, 12:56:27 AM

elfgirlkaname

copied from 2010 thread ^_^
post away!

Hotels:
+ Hilton (adjacent to convention, has mini fridges)
+ Marriott (adjacent to convention, most of the video rooms are at)
+ Crowne Plaza (a block away, close to Civic Center)
+ Sainte Claire (across from Marriott)
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)
+ Ramada (free parking and breakfast, but have to walk a bit)

What you need to know:
+ Please be respectful to your roommates along with everyone else on the same floor.
+ Please do not try to crowd beyond the maximum occupancy of the hotel since it is a fire hazard.
[If you have any other suggestion, please voice it out.]

Roommates Wanted: (only main leader can post it)
+ Introduction: Introduce yourself. Do you have Facebook or Myspace? Feel free to post it up.
+ Hotel Information: where are you staying at and how long you're staying in.
+ Costs: how much for each person, how to pay, etc...
+ Requirements: what are you looking for, your set rules, etc...
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: anything else you like to add.

Need a room:
+ Introduction: (same as above)
+ Hotel Information: where and how long you're willing to stay
+ Requirements: any restrictions or requests you like to make.
+ Contact: (same as above)
+ Miscellaneous: (same as above)

Once transactions are done, please post in bold and underline words that it is fulfilled. As stated above, don't forget to keep all your PMs and emails of your exchanges.

Thank you.

Hakoshi

Roommates Wanted:
+ Introduction: Hi my name is Ali aka Hakoshi, I'm looking for roommates for a hotel. Obviously xD.I love having plushies in the room and I am an artist at artist alley. I also stay in a hotel with my girlfriend, Ayla. We are both nice people and are trying to get roommates for our hotel, since our previous ones decided not to stay with us this year, due to some budgeting issues. I have a facebook, http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000331217310 . I also am on deviantart, hakoshi-09.deviantart.com, which is where you are most likely to contact me. I'm a very lenient person and if something does not work out with the requirements listed or what have you, please contact me and we can work something out if you so want to stay with us. ^^

+ Hotel Information: We have a room in the Hilton that is a single , so any others wanting to stay with us will have to sleep on the floor. I will get extra blankets and what not for the people so it is comfortable. ^^ Staying Friday - Monday.

+ Costs: I ask for up to 4 people maximum. Cost is going to be 77 - 106.00. Paypal is the preferred method of payment.

+ Requirements: We are looking for females (girlfriend's preference), not trying to be sexist xD. Someone who is comfortable with a gay couple, (We will not be doing stuff, just some people are not okay with homosexuals).  We would like someone who picks up after themselves, hotels get messy and I'm not a freak cleaner xD Just someone who can keep their stuff tidy. We have to be okay with a cart full of art stuff in the hotel as well as having someone up late on a computer. Someone who is okay with me getting up early, because of artist alley I will be getting up around 8am xD, so if you don't like to be disturbed, it might not be the best sleeping arrangements for you. And last but not least, no smokers, or drinkers, UNLESS it is outside of the hotel room. Also please no smoking, we will have a no smoking room, because my girlfriend has allergies and can't inhale cigarette smoke.

+ Contact: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000331217310
Deviantart: hakoshi-09.deviantart.com
+ Miscellaneous: Me and my girlfriend are both adults and we do enjoy staying up late, at times going to yaoi nights, so if you are a yaoi lover. I'm sure we will get along, we also ADORE Hetalia, and there will be movies and video games to play, since I will be bringing my Playstation 2, AND MAYBE my Xbox 360. I hope we can find some nice people to room with us.

Sleepy15

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hi my name is Katrina. I am 18 just turned 18 in November. I am a newbie cosplayer only done it twice. I am a neat person.I am a college student who plans on majoring in Nursing. If I can get a room and possibly a ride from someone that would be great.  would hope the people would be from sacramento area so we could possibly hang out and get to know each other so it's not too awkward. I am willing to pitch in for gas and of course the hotel room. If I am ale to do both of those things it will be my first time going to fanime but I have been to sacanime a few times.
+ Hotel Information: Hoping the full weekend and any hotel as long as its walking distance as I do not have a vehicle or license at the moment.
+ Requirements: I would like females if possible but am willing to room with guys. Also I would like to have a room key because I doubt we will be together the whole time.
+ Contact: You can pm me here or my e-mail [email protected] if interested let me know and I will also send my fb account to you.
+ Miscellaneous: I will pay the day we arrive at hotel if I am getting a ride from you or someoene else then when we meet that day.

EJAY420

Hotel Name:    The Sainte Claire Hotel
Arrival Date:    Friday, 5/27/2011
Departure Date:    Monday, 5/30/2011
# of Nights:    3

Room Type:    NON-SMOKING KING SUITE WITH QUEEN SOFA SLEEPER (NO ROLLAWAY BED AVAILABLE)

Occupancy:    Quad - 4 persons
Special Requests:    Away From Ice Machine
                               Away From Elevator

My name is E.J. I am a 32 year old adult.I have  been to several Fanimes in the past.   I do cosplay.I am looking for 3 or 4 more adults to share the bill with. Iv'e been at the St. Claire b4, really beautiful rooms.

I'm looking for responsible dependable roomies. I will be smoking and some lite drinking. If this bothers you, then this ad isn't for ya. Please be over 18. DON'T TAKE SHIT THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU! I'm a night owl. I'm looking for NORMAL SANE FOLKS.  Please bathe regularly. Stinky is def. not permitted. People who have a lot of shit with them.......maybe this might be for you? I'm pretty sure I can have one more person. Hit me if interested. NO KIDS!!!!!!

www.facebook.com/ejay420
www.myspace.com/ej_king_of_games
www/twitter.com/ej420
aim: shounenbatej

Check out my links above if you wanna get to know me more.
Most Impressive.

Dragon Ninja

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hi, I'm Marshall. This will be my 4th year at Fanime and I am a cosplayer. I don't drink or smoke and I can pick up after myself. Check me out on Facebook if you wanna get to know me more.
+ Hotel Information: I want to stay from May 26th to May 31st at either the Marriot or the Hilton, somewhere close to the convention center.
+ Requirements: Respectful and courteous roommates will do. I also would like to have a room key of my own.
+ Contact: You can contact me on My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001467691522 and my e-mail address [email protected].
+ Miscellaneous: I can either pay on arrival or pay using Paypal

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Rhornez

Need a room for 4:
+ Introduction: Hi im raciel. this is my 4th year at fanime im somewhat of a gamer/cosplayer person who cosplays deathnote. I dont drink or smoke. send me a message if u need morei nfo
+ Hotel Information: 27th to the 31st of may at either the marriot or hilton. sorry i like being extremely close to the fun as possible
+ Requirements: Respectful and courteous roommates will be fine and room has to have room for atleast 3 more people other than me so total of people:4
+ Contact:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001100221552 my facebook for any questions and my email [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: i can pay on arrival and by the time the con rolls out im 18 and keep in mind im going with 3 more people other than me. any more questions email me

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

aarondirebear

Roommates Wanted:
+ Introduction: Hello, my name is Aaron.  I am a firm believer that conventions are just as much of a time for meeting people and partying as they are for expressing a love for anime or science fiction. I hope to make friends of my prospective roommates, and have a smashing time.  I intend to host a low-key party on friday, and perhaps a movie night on saturday.  The sort of party depends on the sensibilities of my roomies, obviously.
+ Hotel Information: i have reserved a room with two beds at the fairmont for friday, saturday, and sunday nights. 
+ Costs: The room itself is going to be a grand total of 371, so it is certainly going to cost a lot less per person if i get 3 or more people.  It's certainly negotiable, of course.  I've never tried hosting before, so I am not sure what percentage a roomie needs to pay, typically.  Whatever's fair. 
+ Requirements: 18 years or older, either gender, smokers allowed but no smoking in the room, must shower, and must be relatively clean.
+ Pluses: Able to contribute food and drink, being a party animal, being funny, being a night owl, being someone interested in karaoke.
+ Contact: how to get in touch. Please keep all your PMs and/or emails until the day they're check-in.
+ Miscellaneous: I can host cosplayers, since I tend to pack light.  But

Psycher

I need a room!
+ Introduction: Hi, my user name is Psycher, real name will be given upon request and to those offering to house me. I am looking for someone to stay with through the entire duration of the convention. I can pay full price for my individual reservation and am quite apt at staying out of the way of others if needed.
+ Hotel Information: Any hotel is fine, as long as I have transportation to the convention center and back at reasonable hours.
+ Requirements: I take long showers.
+ Contact: PM me for contact information beyond this forum account
+ Miscellaneous: I am female and a legal adult. perfectly capable of maintaining my own space and belongings, and am licensed to drive if anyone needs me to do so.

riceboi3789

Looking for roommates this year, we are all 21+, we will be getting smashed if you dont like it, you dont know how to party if you do drink fade up, smokers are allowed just smoke and blow it out the window, hopefully you will be 21+ cause when fanime dies down we will probably go to the club, promise you best group of people you will ever go to fanime with if you dont leave with a story ill treat you to dinner, 1st year bum quarter fight with laughing for 5 hours in the motel also rigged the rock paper scissors game and won first prize, take pictures with most girls competition, being Back ground characters cosplay, drunk alarm clock at 3 am. 2nd year parking lot brawl (not us), karaoke madness, random challenges such as best dancer contest, a whole bunch of other stuff too, you can also just go solo but thats not very fun, debates on anime will occur like main stream or underground. we know all the good food spots and the secret mini mart so everything is the same price as safeway, as soon as i know how many people there will be i will get the rate for you. ps we are gonna have hot pot this year so bring your appetite, key situation you will have a key. we will be staying from friday to monday

Sherbert

-=Roommates Wanted=-

Hello, my name is Justin and I have some spaces available for ones who have a DPA. If you don't know what that is or are unfamiliar with the term then I have to apologize and ask you to move along.

Myself along with some good friends of mine have a place available only about 2 miles away from the con and that is situated across the street from a Lightrail station. The convention center is only about 2 stops away. Because of the nature of the place we're staying I can't give out details but it's a very nice place and because of at least one of my friends due to financial circumstances leading to him not being able to attend we have room for more. The price cannot be beat either! If you PM me I will give you all the information regarding the place where we are staying, after confirmation of your DPA and other information of course.

Price per night: $35-$45 (Maybe even less depending on how many people there are.)

We have room for up to 2-3 more people. (Maybe more, we'll see!)

Check or cash is fine to pay with on arrival or we can work something else out, we're all reasonable! :)

Males only, sorry. We don't want to take any chances with improper conduct with a mixed gender enviroment, that's a no brainer I know. XD

Please, if you know what a DPA is or you have a friend that needs a place to stay that has one feel free to send me a PM through the forums and I'll be sure to get back to you. It would be a relief to find other like-minded ones that are attending this event and all of us are trustworthy friends. If this sounds skeptical, which I very much believe it does I hope I would be able to put things at ease if we talked over the phone or such to confirm things. Like I said, send me a PM if you have a DPA, even if you don't need a place to stay it would be neat to know others that will be attending. We'd love to meet another group that's going! And I hope we won't need to use our DPA's down there! How scary would that be? O.o

Little bit more about myself: I've spent time volunteering back in Brooklyn, NY (Wanted to go to Patterson, already had a friend there. XD) for a period of 7 months (Got invited to stay for 3 months, got extended and then stayed for another month due to my leave date originally being near the end of December.)  and have been back home here in CA for a little over a year. I still talk with ones serving back there often and I know friends all over the states and even ones serving in foreign lands now thanks to the wonderful experience I had back there. I hope that we'll be able to help a fellow friend find a place to stay down there, please don't hesitate to contact me, I'll be sure to be prompt in replying! And isn't it also good news that this convention center will be used for conventions this year? :D

And to all those who have no idea what this was about, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you, but I hope you'll be able to find a room and make it to this event!

I was Snow Villiers from FFXIII accompanied by a Sazh Kastroy from the same game at Fanime 2011. If you have pictures of either of us send me a pm or email! Thanks!

BrotatoChip

-Looking for Room-

Heya, my names John and I'm looking for a room for me and my buddy Mark. This will be our first Fanime, but we've been to AX every year for about five, so it isn't our first con by any means.

Were both nineteen and pretty easy to get along with. Realistically all were looking for is a place to crash, we don't really mind if you drink or smoke. If you're looking for someone to chill with during the con, were up for that too. We both have been cosplaying for some time so I figure anyone else into that scene would be cool to hang with, but it isn't a requirement at all.

Really any room makeup is fine as long as you don't crash ridiculously early at like 7 p.m. or anything. Someone around our age would be preferred but not too big a deal. We're looking to stay all four days, and we can figure out the price through messages or email if preferred.

The main thing is were just looking for some cool people to room with!   

Tusslemycurl

Hotel:
+ Fairmont (across the street from Saint Claire, near restaurants like Johnny Rockets and others)

Roommates Wanted:
+ Introduction: Hey there~ I'm shyloh~ I'm 20 years old and have been going to cons for almost 6 years now~ I've been doing hotels for 5. This will be my 3rd year at fanime, but the first year I'm trying something new for hotel arrangments
+ Hotel Information:
Where: Fairmont.
How long?: Day 0 - 4
ONLY ACCEPTING 4 PEOPLE.
+ Costs:
Bed Space: 100 FLAT WHOLE WEEKEND (includes key, snacks, bed, and closet space)
*Pending
Floor: 90 FLAT WHOLE WEEKEND (includes key, snacks, and closet space)
*FILLED
*FILLED
Now I know how much cons suck being stuck on a floor, so if you want bedspace, I'm actually purchasing Air Matresses. (hence the cost being a bit high~ Please let me know if you want one!)
+ Requirements: No stealing, No Drama, No Drugs nor alcohol, no crazy partying, NO INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOURand SHOWER! PLEASE!
+ Contact: Shoot me an e-mail: [email protected]. PMing me on here may not work...
+ Miscellaneous: I USE PAYPAL TO CONFIRM SPOTS!* No Deposit, No spot. Deposits must be made ASAP!
Deposits are on a first come, first serve basis. AND THEY'RE FILLING FAST~

Brakinja

Need a room:
+ Introduction: Hello all, my name is Brad. I'm from Marin county, and I've been trying to find someone from San Fransisco (mostly due to transportation purposes) to room with (although it's not required). I'm a guy, if the name didn't give it away, and I'm generally easy to get along with. I don't get mad or shouty, and I'm willing to abide by any rules you have. Don't worry about me during the convention because I have friends I'll be meeting up with as well, but I'm sure whoever my potential roommates may be will be awesome too. I don't smoke, and I won't sneak alcohol into the room, and I don't really care what your habits are so long as it's not heroin or rape. I'm 18, just for the record, so I'm not some creepy dude trying to room with a bunch of underaged boys/girls. I'm not very good at talking about myself in all honesty, so you should contact me later if you want more info. Money is tight right now for some things, but I should have around $200 for fanime spending money (including food, excluding the ticket), but I'm willing to negociate any hotel fares that you have in mind. I don't mind people who are too loud, and I bathe every morning thoroughly. I don't mind if you like to party, because I also like going home with stories to tell. If you don't, then that's fine.
+ Hotel Information: I'm willing to stay in any hotel that isn't in Germany, for the entire convention. Seriously, I don't really care where the hotel is, so long as I get to sleep in one. Again, we can talk money if you like. I'd prefer to stay the whole convention, but I really just need anything at this point. Heck, I'll pay everyone in free art commissions if that'll pay it off :P
+ Requirements: Not many really, same for restrictions. Just don't fondle me in my sleep or watch me poop and I should be fine.
+ Contact: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1840080819 Add this guy, the one with the hair on his face. That's me. You can add me as a friend on here, and I'll add you, but I'd prefer if you'd say that you're a convention goer in the friend request. If not, eh, I'll add you anyways and you can tell me then. If my link decides to be totally retarded, then you can call me too. Because I'm in school, I have a schedule, but it's not that restricting:
Monday: Wednesday, Thrusday: Any time after 2pm.
Tuesday: Any time after 5pm
Friday: Saturday, Sunday: Any time.
(1-707-450-9759) My number
+ Miscellaneous: I'm a nice person in my opinion. I don't really like having to say it really, but it's a good thing to know. I'll respect any rules you have so long as it gets me a room for the weekend D: Thanks a bunch!

-Brad.

CoolCommando

So I'm not sure how to put this, but I was wondering if there's anybody out there who'd be willing to let me room with them for the full duration of the con; Naturally I'd help to split the costs.
So yeah, on that note if you feel uncomfortable with rooming with a total stranger don't worry, the feeling is mutual @_@ so yeah, since fanime is still 59 days away as of this post lets use that time to get to know each other, and work out an agreement as far as money goes.
Sure getting a response might be a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try!

tickyhead

Looking for a room OR room mates!
introduction: hello, my name is Mary. I am 22 years old, as is my boyfriend Mark. I have a room reserved at the doubletree 8 blocks from the convention, however I am also looking for a room closer to the convention for myself and my bf. I am non-sexual so you don't have to worry about the two of us doing "unseemly" things :B I am planning to attend the artist's alley so I will also need room for my merch (a corner of the room is all I ask) and roomies that are staying from Thursday to monday. My bf and I can share a bed/floorspace if tight living becomes an issue. My budget for rooming is $100 (bf will pay his own share as well), if the room costs more I may be able to squeeze in a few more dollars. I don't smoke or drink, my bf drinks in moderation and can hold off on drinking if it is a problem. I have a car and can give rides to three other people (live in the Santa Cruz area but I can commute anywhere within the bay if need be).
room info: the double tree hotel ($79 per person with two roommates, my bf and myself) OR any hotel closer to the convention ($100 hotel budget, willing to negotiate). If I get offers for both a room and room mates, whoever offers first will have priority.
requirements: I prefer room mates who pick up after themselves and stay clean physically and in the room, as this was a major issue the last time I shared a room. Smoking bothers my asthma, so no smoking please! No falling down drunk parties either, I have to get up early for the artists alley. I am a true santa-cruzan, very laid back and accepting of all creeds, sexualities, genders, and so on. Basically, be a decent person and I will be, too.
contact: you can email me at tickyheadATgmailDOTcom, pm me on the forums, or contact me via cell at 831-359- three six five four. For facebook, just look up the username tickyhead.
miscellaneous: I am willing to pay part of my room fee in commissions and/or merchandise. You can see my work in the" stuff I can make" forum, and suggest things you would like to see in the artists alley. I play a mean game of drop-kirby-on-everyone in super smash bros. games. I have rheumatoid arthritis, so anyone willing to help me set up/ break down my table in the AA will be added to my application and given a small portion of the total sales (a very, very small portion, mind you)
あんた の 靴様 は 今 何処だ!?

vodkaleona

Hi! My name is Jaime and I'm a cosplayer. I've been out of the loop for a few years and this will be my first time at Fanime. I'm looking for a room. I'm 29 female and I really am pretty easy going. I prefer a non smoking room but It's ok with me outdoors. I'm perfectly fine with drinking. I'd prefer a room pretty close to the convention and you can discuss payment with me. Email me at [email protected] please if you need a responsible roomate. I can help with makeup and costume issues and other helpful things as well. Oh, I also prefer a bed of some sort if possible.

Stythys

Roommates needed in the fairmont. Staying from thursday 'till monday and asking for $125. Don't really have any prejudices about who I room with, just looking for awesome folk. Send me an email at [email protected] if you have any questions!
"We should not be less than what we are."

DesuDewaDeshita

Room needed

+ Introduction: Hi my name is  DesuDewaDeshita on the fourms or just Desu I've been a cosplayer since 2009, and I'm willing to abide to any rules or restrictions provided by the coordinator during my stay.
+ Hotel Information: Hopefully I'll be willing to stay from Thursday to Monday (I wouldn't mind paying a little bit for gas money if theres going to be trips to local restaurants or supermarkets for food)
+ Requirements: As stated above, I am willing to abide to any rules made by the coordinator, hopefully looking for a spot on a bed
+ Contact: If you need to contact me about anything urgent or related to the rooms my
phone number is (657) 229 - 3378
email is [email protected]
+ Miscellaneous: If you need a down payment or parts of the cash for the before hand you can contact me and I'll be happy to Paypal you it just to secure my spot for the hotel. Contact me as soon as possible about the room spot through my number since it will be the fastest way to get a reply and a payment looking me up through facebook with my email would also help. Also if needed, I can probably bring a rice cooker, cup of noodles, miso and udon to help feed the hungry. General medicine like Advil and peptbismol will also come with my stay. Extra bathroom necessities will also be brought like mouthwash, and shampoo just encase anyone forgets. Also a power strip, since there's never enough outlets at a hotel~

I don't mind being forced with mixed room or some "activity" going on, as long as there is some sort of sign that the room is being used
Nor am I a prejudice person, so i won't mind whom ever i stay with as long as they have some self control.
Most that I'd ask of room mates would be that they don't touch any of my personal belongings like luggage or electronics without permission, but they're welcome to take some food if they're hungry.

chichobits

Room Wanted!
Intro: Hi there, I'm looking for a room. 32 year old female. I'll be catching Caltrain down from SF & would like to check in on Friday & leaving Sunday. This will be my 4th Fanime, & I do cosplay. I just don't know anyone else that likes to cosplay around where I live. :-\ Anyway, I do prefer a bed or cot.  Open to wherever hotel available. And am open to pricing. Would not be opposed to paying until Monday if you need it. Can paypal the money two weeks before or we can set up a time to meet at the hotel & can give you cash so you can have it for check-in. It's best to contact me on Facebook since Im on it more than here.
   facebook.com/andrea.r.buie
Please send me a message with your in & we can talk. Thanks so much.
A.

Naota21t

Room Needed!

+ Introduction: Hi my name is Luis. I play competitive smash and thats how I got the name Naota. I'm 21 years old college student, been going to fanime for the last 2 years, but this year all my friends already have full rooms so I'm looking for a room. I'm willing to go w/ any rules that go w/ the room, though admittedly I do smoke and drink, but I won't be doing any of that in the hotel room or will be bringing any alcohol into the room. I'm pretty chill and I'm probably only going to use the room for bed, unless you guys are cool, then we can hang out lol.
+ Hotel Information: I'm planning on staying from early friday afternoon until late sunday. I'm pretty open minded when it comes to price for the weekend, as long as it seems reasonable.
+ Requirements: I'd prefer a bed, if there's any inflatable mattress I'll even take that lol. I'm willing to pay more for guaranteed bed.
+ Contact: You can contact me at 650-504-7021 (text message, or call anytime after 2pm when I'm off of work). Or you can PM me. Or facebook : http://www.facebook.com/naota2 (just add a message when u add me)
+ Miscellaneous: I'm down to pay the minute I get there. I'm one of those people who are secretly nerdy, but you'd never be able to tell initially. I love fighting games, and going out lol. And computer science, love me some programming.