Awaiting 2011 website and hotel registration

Started by Minda91, January 04, 2011, 05:54:47 PM

Minda91

I know that there is probably a thread on this topic already but I need to know about this situation with a straight answer. I wanna now when the heck the people in charge will update there website and give us links that we need on the hotel reservations and so on. And when the website will be updated. And don't give me all that bull that you guys are still updating it and it will take longer or that your are working hard, Everyone has been saying that since October. Just Update the website with all the hotel reservations and all of that other stuff. And Don't just tell people about it on twitter or on facebook, give us a link here too. And I'm alitle tired of people saying that it's for fans, by fans....I know that, The FANS are waiting.

ewu

We understand your concerns. It seems that you are in actuality, really pressing for the hotel reservations to go up. This is handled by a 3rd party contractor. Even if the Fanime website goes up, the housing component may not be active yet.

The weird thing is for some odd reason the staff really have the same desire for the website to come up yesterday. However the reality is that we live in real life, and in real life, things happen that get in the way. I assure you that we are working as hard as we can to get it up and are not nefariously dangling the carrot for our own entertainment and edification. Your frustrations are heard and shared, but I assure you that we are doing everything reasonably within our powers to get those resources up.

Keep you eyes open, we provide those many outlets so that everybody can know as soon as possible whenever there is something material to convey to our fans.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Tony

Minda91, the buck stops with me, so let me clue you in.

The website is awaiting some final tweaks. It's about 95% ready. Content is prepared, forms are at the ready. We are working on final fixes and plan to launch very soon, within the next two weeks.

The Hotel Reservation site is run by a separate company. Between the holidays and the late start - which was out of our control - they were set back by several weeks. They've only just wrapped up their development today, and we are in the approval process.

We are fully prepared to announce the site and hotel reservations on every channel we have. We're just waiting for the pieces to fall in place.

Please, have patience.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

lummy

Patience is a virtue.

Remember your not the only one who is antsy about hotels and stuff.
nothing elaborate, pretty anti-social
Been doing Fanime since 2002
has a Tonberry Cosplay... from 06. :D

Armored-Heart

Quote from: lummy on January 04, 2011, 11:03:06 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Quoted for truth.

Really, there's tons of us who want to book hotel rooms and whatnot, but the thing is, we're not doing all the hard work of setting things up for everyone else. The staff consists of volunteers, meaning they don't get paid for this. They do this for all of us. So we honestly don't have much of a right to complain simply because they have lives. The least you can do is not be rude to them.
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

kookiekween99

@ Tony: Thanks for keeping us updated! I always love seeing the big people talking to the little people directly. Too often you find that famous people or the people in charge think themselves too important to deal with the fans who got them there in the first place. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. ^^
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Kyra_Maverick

Obviously everyone wants all this information up at a moments notice, but is it really that big a deal that it's not up yet? Hotels will go up, what's it matter if it's now or in April (exaggeration)? If you're concerned about budgeting ask around for what people paid last year for the room you're interested in and add $50ish on top just to be sure.

You're stressing out much too much over something thats just supposed to be fun.

Rin_chan

Quote from: Armored-Heart on January 04, 2011, 11:18:57 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Quoted for truth.

Really, there's tons of us who want to book hotel rooms and whatnot, but the thing is, we're not doing all the hard work of setting things up for everyone else. The staff consists of volunteers, meaning they don't get paid for this. They do this for all of us. So we honestly don't have much of a right to complain simply because they have lives. The least you can do is not be rude to them.

honestly I think if people are so worried about when things are going to be ready they should volunteer themselves and help out.

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Rin_chan on January 09, 2011, 07:28:09 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Quoted for truth.

honestly I think if people are so worried about when things are going to be ready they should volunteer themselves and help out.

Either that, or don't complain. x-x;

But hey, hotel registration is going up tomorrow night. (They posted the news on Twitter, for those of you who don't follow.) Maybe that'll make people calm the heck down. lol
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

ewu

hey all:)

Hotel registration for FanimeCon 2011 will go LIVE this Friday, Jan 14 ~7PM PST

http://twitter.com/#!/FanimeCon/status/25648320563118080
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Rin_chan

Quote from: Armored-Heart on January 13, 2011, 02:22:23 PM
Quote from: Rin_chan on January 09, 2011, 07:28:09 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Quoted for truth.

Either that, or don't complain. x-x;

But hey, hotel registration is going up tomorrow night. (They posted the news on Twitter, for those of you who don't follow.) Maybe that'll make people calm the heck down. lol

that's awesome news, I'm not worried since I'm not booking through the Fanime site, but I'll be happy when every other thread on the forums isn't asking the same question about hotel reg.

Junon

Quote from: ewu on January 13, 2011, 02:49:50 PM
hey all:)

Hotel registration for FanimeCon 2011 will go LIVE this Friday, Jan 14 ~7PM PST

http://twitter.com/#!/FanimeCon/status/25648320563118080

Will the link be available on fanime.com? Or do I need to use twitter to find the URL?

Tony

Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014