Everyones least favorite cult is stopping by the Bay Area again.

Started by jacktchance, January 14, 2011, 01:59:01 AM

G.I.R

It's more like they're against "what ever you've got".  I'm sure they change up whatever they protest to how socially relevant an event is.

HerpDerpMcSlurp

Quote from: HerpDerpMcSlurp on April 06, 2011, 03:27:38 AM
Sysadmin Edit: image removed, but use your imagination.

I don't actually hate furries, and I don't believe in God,
but could you imagine those guys holding signs like this? LAWL.

Sysadmin note: Well, that image was pretty much breaking the rules.  48 hour ban for you.

So it was the image of Tails with a sloshing milk carton in his lap and the 3 letter F word blacked out with the brush tool that nabbed me the ban and not that other image? Anyways, yeah... the new official name for your group of churchtard trolls is now "Phanime Phelps." Just keep calling everyone in that group "Fred," regardless of age or gender and when one of 'em says "But I'm not--" you just say "Whatever, Fred Phelps. GTFO our con and go back to picketing dead soldiers and dead Amish girls' funerals!" - Continue to feign belief that they are Westboro, and attribute all the nasty things they've done to them, DO NOT go OOC or YOU LOSE TEH GAEM. If they have any thing resembling a conscious they will eventually realize what a bad face they are putting on their religion and they will give up. But if they're as insane and attention-whorish as the real thing, then probably not. But then you just make some funny signs about random internet crap and stand around them derailing their message, rite guiz?

But I don't! I <3 u Derpy! Just like I <3 Mudkipz.

Haruka

Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

HerpDerpMcSlurp

^Thanks.

PyronIkari

Quote from: HerpDerpMcSlurp on April 09, 2011, 02:51:28 PMwords

I love how the majority of this crowd is just as dumb and idiotic as the protestors they're calling dumb and idiotic.

You're basically doing the exact same thing they are doing, and then calling them dumb. You want to protest against a group of people for something that you believe in, that they don't. Only yours is MALICIOUS because you're directing it at them specifically and TRYING TO CAUSE PROBLEMS where by law, they are PEACEFULLY PROTESTING.

Just so you know, peacefully protesting means they are protesting with out commiting any direct crime or preventing anyone from any of their freedoms/rights.

So you don't believe what they're saying... how does this affect you at all? Does them being there bother you? Why? Seriously... why does it bother you? Unless they are throwing crap at you, physically touching you, or approaching/following you to cause problems... why the hell do you care? If you don't want to be around them, then don't be around them. Just continue walking to your destination.

Someone asked why they go to fanime. The answer is easy. It is a large event with lots of people. So by being there they get lots of attention. They go to any large event, regardless of what it is because that's how they get attention.

Now. you want to do something that draws attention to you, by harassing them, because... you think this will some how help the problem? You want to GIVE THEM ATTENTION... and think it'll solve the problem of them being there, when they WANT ATTENTION. Did I read that right? You think... giving attention to people who want attention will cause them to go away. Seriously... that's just retarded as all hell. You can't troll these people into leaving and by doing so all you do is make them happy.

And realistically, all you do is cause more problems for the con, the attendees, and the staff. Let's say one of you idiots trolling the protestors takes things too far, and a protestor attacks someone, a troll attacks someone, throws something and someone, in other words ANYTHING HAPPENS THAT ISN'T ELGAL AT ALL. Who do you think will be pinned for that? Yes, that's right kids. The con. Our attendees provoked a protestor. OUR ATTENDEES CAUSED A FIGHT. OUR ATTENDEES CAUSED SOMEONE TO GET HURT. How does that look for us. The venue can easily say "Nope, we don't want you back, your convention caused a fight where someone got seriously hurt and we don't want that at the convention center.

They're not doing anything wrong, even if you disagree with their message, just don't stand where they are and you have no problem. No one is forcing you to listen to them, the con center is pretty big and you can find somewhere else to stand. You can tune them out, you can ignore them. Don't cause problems for others because you think it's funny to "CAUSE PROBLEMS AND HARASS PEOPLE".

Elimeno

I usually don't agree with the guy but Pyron, good show old chap.
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

otakuya

Elimeno

Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

SukebeStudios

I thought the thread was supposed to be bout the Westboro Baptist Church...not the "protestors" in front of the convention center? Maybe I'm just confused?

PyronIkari

Quote from: SukebeStudios on May 06, 2011, 03:00:14 AM
I thought the thread was supposed to be bout the Westboro Baptist Church...not the "protestors" in front of the convention center? Maybe I'm just confused?

Don't play mod when you fail at having coherent thoughts and post things in the wrong place constantly.

It was about the cult itself, but if you couldn't tell, that event is long passed. The conversation led up to the discussion of people of this kind in general and why they exist, what should be done, and how we feel about them. Learn to follow a conversation please.

RowanRavensong

As a Homosexual, I find it offensive that they can even HAVE a URL like that. I wont even be there when they arrive. Well I might make out with one of my bi/ gay friends before laughing and walking away.

The police are there, shouln't they be able to arrest? Becuase that is politically incorrect?

One year I was minding my OWN business, Walking back to the hotel IGNORING them, and one started to yell at me. And they said some PRETYY hurtful things. Which actually made me cry.

I am not christian but I have been in the past when I was younger, dont Baptist's believe in the 7 Deadly Sins? Vanity DOES include religion does it not? I mean Vanity is excessive Pride... and that I KNOW is a Deadly sin? Or does that not include them because they are "Saints" in their own eyes?

PyronIkari

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 06, 2011, 11:41:51 AM
As a Homosexual, I find it offensive that they can even HAVE a URL like that. I wont even be there when they arrive. Well I might make out with one of my bi/ gay friends before laughing and walking away.

The police are there, shouln't they be able to arrest? Becuase that is politically incorrect?

One year I was minding my OWN business, Walking back to the hotel IGNORING them, and one started to yell at me. And they said some PRETYY hurtful things. Which actually made me cry.

I am not christian but I have been in the past when I was younger, dont Baptist's believe in the 7 Deadly Sins? Vanity DOES include religion does it not? I mean Vanity is excessive Pride... and that I KNOW is a Deadly sin? Or does that not include them because they are "Saints" in their own eyes?

It is not illegal to be politically incorrect. It's not illegal to be racist, sexist, or anything else that is basically having an opinion or judgment of other people unless it is actually discriminatory to the point where it physically affects the person.

Just like you have the right to be homosexual, they have a right to dislike homosexuals. They are only breaking the law if they do actual measurable damage to you. No, making you cry is not measurable mental anguish to be illegal.

You're homosexual, you're going to get things like this everywhere in life... time to toughen up.

Melly

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 07, 2011, 06:08:11 PM

If anyone can answer this for me, I also been wondering why they choose to protest at Fanime. (; ̄O ̄)?

i had a few of my friends talk to them /calmly/ and basically what he got out of them is that we're pretending to be someone were not (you know with cosplay).

then they tried shoving religion down his throat and gave him little booklet things xD;;

RowanRavensong

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 06, 2011, 12:53:17 PM
Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 06, 2011, 11:41:51 AM

It is not illegal to be politically incorrect. It's not illegal to be racist, sexist, or anything else that is basically having an opinion or judgment of other people unless it is actually discriminatory to the point where it physically affects the person.

Just like you have the right to be homosexual, they have a right to dislike homosexuals. They are only breaking the law if they do actual measurable damage to you. No, making you cry is not measurable mental anguish to be illegal.

You're homosexual, you're going to get things like this everywhere in life... time to toughen up.

Point made, BUT they are doing it on loosely based hatred, and they have no other idea WHY they are doing it, other than "The bible says so." I mean I know I was Catholic, but the bible still says the same thing, it is an irrational and pointless hate to have. A FEAR I would understand and POSSIBLY respect more than a hatred. but still it is irrational. I know one year one of my friends got into an argument with them I kept saying "You are not going to win, you would have a better argument with a rock."

LAST point by me, went unresponded to O.o Is that a strong argument? About Vanity? Vanity is one of the worst sins that I know. And they are in DIRECT violation of that. Because as I said Vanity is excessive pride in objects, or ones self (or aspects of life) This could include being rich, thinking you a very beautiful or flawless person, OR EVEN THINKING YOUR IDEAS ARE BEST! INCLUDING Religious ideology. They are in direct violation of JUST that. Thinking that their ideology is the right and the best. The Anglicans get that (my grandparents church). Why cant they?

PyronIkari

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 06, 2011, 07:57:43 PM
LAST point by me, went unresponded to O.o Is that a strong argument? About Vanity? Vanity is one of the worst sins that I know. And they are in DIRECT violation of that. Because as I said Vanity is excessive pride in objects, or ones self (or aspects of life) This could include being rich, thinking you a very beautiful or flawless person, OR EVEN THINKING YOUR IDEAS ARE BEST! INCLUDING Religious ideology. They are in direct violation of JUST that. Thinking that their ideology is the right and the best. The Anglicans get that (my grandparents church). Why cant they?
It wasn't addressed because it doesn't matter. Frankly, the bible in itself contradicts itself over and over and over and over again. In terms of interpretation it can have infinite amounts of meaning and people make whatever meaning they want out of it. You can go back through history and take the biggest sin of killing another man. Yet religion has been the basis of the majority of the major wars out there. The crusades, WWII being two of the most significant where millions died under the name of Christianity/Catholicism.

The issue is that, it's not about logic, it's about beliefs. You cannot sway someone with logic when the person doesn't care about logic and is following beliefs. Which once more returns me to...

So what? This is what they believe, let them believe it, as long as they're not forcing anything upon you, then you shouldn't care. If you let what they do bother you... they win.

RowanRavensong

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 07, 2011, 01:51:35 AM
Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 06, 2011, 07:57:43 PM
It wasn't addressed because it doesn't matter. Frankly, the bible in itself contradicts itself over and over and over and over again. In terms of interpretation it can have infinite amounts of meaning and people make whatever meaning they want out of it. You can go back through history and take the biggest sin of killing another man. Yet religion has been the basis of the majority of the major wars out there. The crusades, WWII being two of the most significant where millions died under the name of Christianity/Catholicism.

The issue is that, it's not about logic, it's about beliefs. You cannot sway someone with logic when the person doesn't care about logic and is following beliefs. Which once more returns me to...

So what? This is what they believe, let them believe it, as long as they're not forcing anything upon you, then you shouldn't care. If you let what they do bother you... they win.

You know PyronIkari, I NEVER agreed with what you have said in the past many times... But I TOTALLY agree with you. The bible DOES contradict it self. Leaving its followers to actually fill the voids. So I must applaud you and say "Well Put." :D

And when you said this;
QuoteIf you let what they do bother you... they win.
It actually inspired me to go into Fanime and when I pass them to think a LITTLE differently.

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: Melly on May 06, 2011, 01:10:05 PM

If anyone can answer this for me, I also been wondering why they choose to protest at Fanime. (; ̄O ̄)?

i had a few of my friends talk to them /calmly/ and basically what he got out of them is that we're pretending to be someone were not (you know with cosplay).

then they tried shoving religion down his throat and gave him little booklet things xD;;

Whot >:0
But it's so fun to show appreciation for a character you enjoy!
What about all those plays and reinacments on Christmas of Jesus being born, they make kids do that at church every year = 3= I guess that's going to far, but to each their own I guess );

RowanRavensong

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on May 10, 2011, 01:16:50 PM
Quote from: Melly on May 06, 2011, 01:10:05 PM

Whot >:0
But it's so fun to show appreciation for a character you enjoy!
What about all those plays and reinacments on Christmas of Jesus being born, they make kids do that at church every year = 3= I guess that's going to far, but to each their own I guess );

I think I can answer why they do this. My parents think this way;
They choose Fanime BECAUSE I would guess there are a lot of people either who are gay, bi or even experimenting with their sexuality. AND they believe Anime spreads Sin, all of it is debauchery, and they figure because it is SUCH a large convention, they MIGHT have someone listen to them. THey protest because  they think they are right, and everyone else is wrong. I mean according to my parents. My parents believe the protesters are in the right.

I would just stick with what PyronIkari says... "If you let what they do bother you... they win."

PyronIkari

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 10, 2011, 05:31:04 PM=
They choose Fanime BECAUSE I would guess there are a lot of people either who are gay, bi or even experimenting with their sexuality. AND they believe Anime spreads Sin, all of it is debauchery, and they figure because it is SUCH a large convention, they MIGHT have someone listen to them. THey protest because  they think they are right, and everyone else is wrong. I mean according to my parents. My parents believe the protesters are in the right.

I would just stick with what PyronIkari says... "If you let what they do bother you... they win."

Maybe you should read the rest of what I wrote as well.

They couldn't care less about fanime or your sexuality, or anyone's sexuality at the damned convention. They don't give a crap about anime or cosplay. What they care about is that IT IS A LARGE EVENT, THUS, IF THEY GO, THEY WILL GET LOTS OF ATTENTION.

Seriously, I don't give a damn if you're homosexual, bi, or straight, but you seem to love shoving the fact down other peoples' throats. You're making an issue out of your homosexuality when no one else is.

RowanRavensong

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 10, 2011, 06:13:36 PM
Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 10, 2011, 05:31:04 PM=

Maybe you should read the rest of what I wrote as well.

They couldn't care less about fanime or your sexuality, or anyone's sexuality at the damned convention. They don't give a crap about anime or cosplay. What they care about is that IT IS A LARGE EVENT, THUS, IF THEY GO, THEY WILL GET LOTS OF ATTENTION.

Seriously, I don't give a damn if you're homosexual, bi, or straight, but you seem to love shoving the fact down other peoples' throats. You're making an issue out of your homosexuality when no one else is.

They are just spreading their nonsense PyronIkari. I mean YEAH they do give a damn about your sexuality. They chewed me out for being a crossplayer. BUT NO! you ARE TOTALLY right in saying
QuoteWhat they care about is that IT IS A LARGE EVENT, THUS, IF THEY GO, THEY WILL GET LOTS OF ATTENTION.

I mean I have to totally agree. BUT they do have that site "godhatesfags" and they have had shirts that say the same kind of stuff.

However they DO not only protest that. They just... protest and argue with anyone willing to do so