is EVERYTHING booked?

Started by Simna, January 19, 2011, 12:02:33 AM

Simna

I'm looking for a hotel within walking distance....unfortunately for me everything from the fanime website is already booked (doubletree isnt in walking distance), so I tried the same place I went last year (HoJo) and their website is also saying they have nothing available!!!  And I'm booking earlier this year than last!

Is there any hotel available within walking distance of the convention center????

LordKefka

You could always find someone who already has a room booked and see if they'll take in a stray cat =P
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jerry

from the looks of it, the Hilton and the Marriott are mostly booked.

you may want to contact the registration website via e-mail or by phone and see if there is a wait-list available?

that would be my recommendation
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Simna

thanks for the tips....and so quickly too!

unfortunately getting into a room with other people at the con probably wont work as I already have a growing group coming with me

I've kind of worked my problem out with hotels available on the fanime website, but when I try to book my room the reservation fails to go through and I get a "This operation has timed out" webpage.  It would be really stupid if I couldnt get a room because the site was down.

mariotheotaku

You can still try the Fairmont from Thursday-Sunday and if you plan staying until Monday just ask to be put on the waiting list for that day and hopefully something will clear up.

Simna

I have actually decided to book rooms at multiple hotels since none of them rooms available for every day of the convention.   I hope this isnt a bad idea.

Jerry

Quote from: Simna on January 19, 2011, 12:37:56 AM
I have actually decided to book rooms at multiple hotels since none of them rooms available for every day of the convention.   I hope this isnt a bad idea.

that sounds like that could get complicated very fast - your CC might decline the charges [different hotels in a short time frame] might suggest your card is stolen so you better give your CC company a heads up ---

or again you really try to book a more consistent stay at one hotel only - but thats just my 2 cents.

booking different nights different hotels sounds like a checking in/out nightmare for you and your guests....  \
check out is usually 11am or noon --- and then checking into another hotel isnt until 2 or 3pm...

you sure you really wanna to do that to yourself and your roommates? there has to be a solution and the hotel registration team might be able to help. you should really try to contact them for advice.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Simna

It will only be a change of 1 hotel to 1 other hotel very nearby each other.  Im thinking that check-in/out wont be too hard.

Stythys

fairmont is still open and is like two blocks away...
"We should not be less than what we are."

Rin_chan

They still have rooms at the Saint Claire as well and the Ramada, unless your wanting to stay thursday night to, their booked for that but the other days are free.

Kyra_Maverick

If you're still interested in booking wit that other hotel (HoJo?) I'd try calling them directly. Sometimes if you try to book too early the online system wont allow it.

Knightfire

Quote from: LordKefka on January 19, 2011, 12:06:09 AM
You could always find someone who already has a room booked and see if they'll take in a stray cat =P

Alot of us are looking for room mates, which have rooms booked at the Hilton or Marriot. If you don't mind sharing, you might want to check out the sticky for room mates wanted, Simma.
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Freight

How big is this group?

I ask because I have a block of rooms at the Hilton for Friday to Monday, and I'm waitlisted to add Thursday and Tuesday.

Simna

My group could be as many six people at the moment.  Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.  I think I have the issue all settled.  This will be my very first con(that I didn't staff) where I actually get a hotel room attached to the con.  I really think it will make the con experience a lot easier.