otakuya

-Because you love the hobby of anime and Japanese pop culture

-Because you enjoy the atmosphere of all of the cosplayers

-It's a place where you can show off cosplays

-You can play against a lot of elite gamers in the arcade or video gaming room

-The swap meet!

(please continue!)

Admiral Donuts

-I love merging myself amongst "my people" for a few days!

-Also the swap meet!

-Photo opportunities of all the cosplayers!

L0Lpants

The people & cosplayers alike. And that's about it...
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Kuudere

I'm quiet about my fandom around people the rest of the year, and it's pretty much my break to actually enjoy my hobby with others that know that same feeling. It's great to be surrounded by people that don't ask why I "watch cartoons."

I also love the vacation from work/school with a group of my friends. We usually take the 4 hour trip in groups of 8+ each year, and it's a nice escape from monotony that I take with my favorite people.

Oh, and of course cosplaying and shopping. I never really buy much except snacks and art, though.

christofu

Quote from: MeowDesu on February 11, 2011, 02:54:40 PM
I'm quiet about my fandom around people the rest of the year, and it's pretty much my break to actually enjoy my hobby with others that know that same feeling. It's great to be surrounded by people that don't ask why I "watch cartoons."

Haha, that's exactly how I am. None of my friends watch animes or read mangas, so I never get to talk about those things much or express my inner geek. So fanime is the only time I get to geek out, and it's really fun naming all of the cosplays to my friends and cousins that tags along.

Tony

I go because I have a free pass!  ;D

Also, meeting and relaxing with the guests!

But it's fun to watch you kids have fun.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Glitch

Because I got nowhere else to go! *tears running down eyes.*

PyronIkari

Quote from: Tony on February 17, 2011, 03:55:38 PM
I go because I have a free pass!  ;D

Also, meeting and relaxing with the guests!

But it's fun to watch you kids have fun.

To pimp out under-aged girls for the profit of Fanime...

I mean... run the Maid Cafe...

I mean, control under-aged girls.

Yeah I think that one is right.

Tony

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 17, 2011, 11:20:39 PM
To pimp out under-aged girls for the profit of Fanime...

I mean... run the Maid Cafe...

I mean, control under-aged girls.

Yeah I think that one is right.
For the profit of the Convention Center! If it were able to profit Fanime, we'd make the uniforms completely skimpy.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

c2chaos

My friends all do Fanime! So I do it too. Join the bandwagon, everybody! \(^o^)/

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

ELDEMONIO

Gundams and mangas.

and I love the concerts.

Lizchan33

Friends.... and lolita friends xD
And the occassional cosplay....

BunofGovt

I enjoy watching others enjoying their fandom:  cosplayers, gamers, fans of voice actors/guests, and even how someone reacts when she/he spots that one item that is a MUST-HAVE in artists alley or the dealers' room, either pure joy or trepidation (should I buy, should I not buy).

I like cosplaying, too.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

JTchinoy

Not going this year. :P

If I went, it would be for the fun atmosphere, but Asia > Fanime. SORRY.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Daimyo

Last year was the 1st time for my brother and I,

Just being there and not doing anything in particular like watching anime or being at a panel but just plain walking around and being in the atmosphere with all the people (especially the cosplayers) made me smile all day until my face hurt.  :)

oh ya and it was awesome seeing a group of people gathered around Street Fighter (I think?) like it was a sports game (I do not like sports so seeing this excitement for gaming was crazy cool) and shouting whenever something happened, there was even a guy with a megaphone!! It was simultaneously hilarious and awesome!!

lonemeditater

First time this year, I'm not exactly sure what to expect. In fact, most years I'm not even able to go, but the stars have aligned this year. My parents are out of town, so they can't stop me. I'll have my car. I away at college so i'll always have an alibi. I was able to receive the privilege of being fanime staff this year so I can actually afford to eat during con. I really hope this all happens again next year and the year after etc... ^_^
I'm me and I exist...

abcbadcat

I'm a San Jose native and my semester(s) usually end the week of Fanime so it's a perfect way to unwind.

Getting a hotel room, getting a group of friends together, grabbing some drinks, playing games and wandering for four days? It's almost always a good time.

Also, the swap meet, game tournaments, people watching, and games of ninja!

TC X0 Lt 0X

To Chill with friends, meet new people, and to enjoy the various events of the weekend to escape the general pressure and work of like, if only for a weekend.
And to buy merchandise, at least if I had cash (T_T)

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

virilevocalist

Quote from: Jeimizu on February 11, 2011, 12:20:14 AM
-I love merging myself amongst "my people" for a few days!
This.

Also the Asian Film Room, MusicFest, Panels, the cool stuff in the Dealer's Room, looking at all the Cosplayers ...

I was on the quarter system at college the last 6 years, and final exams would always be sometime right after memorial day weekend. So, this is the first time I'm finally able to go while over the drinking age, hahaha... Plus all the friends I'm meeting up with are down too. I wonder if this will change the experience a little...;D
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Veriitas

i love the cos and watching karaoke i can sit there for HOURS!!! listening to people sing =P some can actually sing in Japanese!!  ;D

also people are really nice thats what makes me keep coming back every year and i finally realize there was a forum!!!! LOL
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
-Leonardo da Vinci