Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

Kyra_Maverick

The only complaint I had this year was the size of our space. If I had known the spots were going to be so skinny I would have bought 2, which I hear is what some people did on Friday anyway. Obviously you want to get as many sellers in as possible, but when there is so much congestion it just doesn't work.

Possible suggestion on how to clear up spots: Don't have table top gaming during swap meet hours. The tables take up room and during swap meet I only see people sitting there showing off the stuff they bought to their friends.

OR: One seller per spot. I had 2 people in this small spot, as did many others. If the rules are changed to 1 seller, 1 spot we would have had 2 spots and been alot more comfortable.

Paying $20 for such a small spot didn't help matters either. For that price last year our spots where much more manageable.

GOOD THINGS!

Badges! It was great that you had our badges this year. It made getting our stuff ready for lining up a whole lot easier. Please do this again!

Lining Up! Last year you tried the same thing with people lining up according to their sign up number, but it didn't work out so well. People were just all over the place and information didn't get moved along like it was supposed to. This year that was really improved upon and it made a huge difference.

Staff! You had a great staff this year. One guy in particular was really nice, polite and helpful. I wish I had gotten his name to compliment him properly. There was only one girl who was rather rude and snippy, she wore a red dress with a pink bow/ribbon in her hair. She didn't so anything out of line, she just wasn't very nice about telling us how to set up. Both these encounters were on Thursday.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 30, 2011, 11:43:10 PM
The only complaint I had this year was the size of our space. If I had known the spots were going to be so skinny I would have bought 2, which I hear is what some people did on Friday anyway. Obviously you want to get as many sellers in as possible, but when there is so much congestion it just doesn't work.

Possible suggestion on how to clear up spots: Don't have table top gaming during swap meet hours. The tables take up room and during swap meet I only see people sitting there showing off the stuff they bought to their friends.

OR: One seller per spot. I had 2 people in this small spot, as did many others. If the rules are changed to 1 seller, 1 spot we would have had 2 spots and been alot more comfortable.

Paying $20 for such a small spot didn't help matters either. For that price last year our spots where much more manageable.

GOOD THINGS!

Badges! It was great that you had our badges this year. It made getting our stuff ready for lining up a whole lot easier. Please do this again!

Lining Up! Last year you tried the same thing with people lining up according to their sign up number, but it didn't work out so well. People were just all over the place and information didn't get moved along like it was supposed to. This year that was really improved upon and it made a huge difference.

Staff! You had a great staff this year. One guy in particular was really nice, polite and helpful. I wish I had gotten his name to compliment him properly. There was only one girl who was rather rude and snippy, she wore a red dress with a pink bow/ribbon in her hair. She didn't so anything out of line, she just wasn't very nice about telling us how to set up. Both these encounters were on Thursday.

I knew two of the swap meet staffers they are friends of mine. The first guy is a redhead with glasses. His name is Ben. The other guy is bigger, like 6'2ish with glasses also. His name is Patrick. If you're talking about one of them I'll let them know. :)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Kyra_Maverick

It might have been Ben. I seem to recall him having redish hair. He was very nice and really helpful. 

KusanagiShiro

There was a great selection this year everyone. Hopefully I can find more old Phantasy Star or Ys items next year.

Eurobeat King

Next year, if I decide to sell stuff again, provided I HAVE stuff to sell again, I know exactly which spot(s) to choose for both days.

I keep telling myself that this year will be THE last time I sell-stuff at the Swap Meet..  But most-likely you'll see me there, selling stuff next year at Fanime 2012!  ;D

The greatest part about this year's Swap Meet was being given my badge when I checked-in on Thursday.  Not having to wait in that cluster-cuss for pre-reg. downstairs all day was such a relief, and it allowed me to wander around, take pictures of cosplayers, plug my laptop in and go online, get food, and just be somewhere where it was calm & relaxing until it was time for the Swap Meet.

Hopefully the staff will do that again next year.  Thanks for making this year's Swap Meet my favorite of all the years I've participated. :)
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

weirderraindrop

This really was a great swap meet, I think I will try selling next year. :)

Lizchan33

I really appreciate all the swapmeet staff did they were awesome!
I'll totally do it again next year <3

mikejordan331

Glad to say that the pole says that used cosplay items are allowed, but what about handmade used fashion items? I might try to sell an old (used) lolita dress that I made years ago, but I'm worried that it won't be accepted because it is handmade and is not a cosplay item.

Thank you!

bentoboxbobby

"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

bentoboxbobby

I cannot access the front page for Fanime for Swap meet, and had a hard time getting into the forum section.  Help ??

bob
"For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalms 91:31

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!