Day Trip To Japantown (San Francisco)

Started by LadyGlitterbow, February 20, 2011, 12:36:22 PM

What day would be best for you? (All Saturdays)

March 5th
0 (0%)
March 12th
5 (33.3%)
March 19th
3 (20%)
March 26th
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

LadyGlitterbow

Who wants to meet some fellow Fanime-goers? I sure do! If you would love to hang out in Japantown with some fresh faces, meet us on MARCH 26TH AT 12PM in front of the Big Pagoda in Japantown. We will have a nice sign that reads "FANIME GATHERING" just to make it obvious!

In case you dont know, here is a link to where Japantown is:
http://www.sfjapantown.org/

And this place has a lot of cool stores:  
http://www.newpeopleworld.com/news/

People Going So Far:
Ladyglitterbow
Liz
Christofu
sweetniar
kupo (maybe)
jerry
kookiekween99 (maybe)
Hisuitsume
Tifachan101
nf33
darkmoonlitstar
Powoooi
Memo
Elimeno
Otakuya (maybe)

Don't be shy or embarrassed, or feel too young or too old. My friend and I are both 24, but there are plenty of teens interested in going. Also if you don't want to go alone, bring a friend. Even if you aren't going to Fanime, we would love to have you, because this is all about meeting people with similar interests and having a good time! Finally, if you would rather arrive later than 12pm, we can arrange to meet you at another time, just pm me in advance.
And as much as I know the San Francisco area, I would love it if you guys have any other suggestions. Any particular stores you want to visit? Something cool going on? Let me know!

c2chaos

I vote for the 12th! (^o^)/
We should definitely get a poll going!

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

christofu

I'd be up for this! Would be a good chance to meet some of the board members. My vote goes to either the 19th or 26th.

SweetNiar

Yeah later in March like the 26th would be great ^^  I stayed in the hotel tomo right accross the street a few years ago.  I never really went into any of the stores in Japantown except to get a soda at a little restaurant XD Didnt have a whole lot of money then anyway so I couldnt do any shopping even if i wanted to :P

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: c2chaos on February 20, 2011, 06:03:23 PM

I would love to get a poll going but I can't figure out how! Lol! Do you know?

c2chaos

Quote from: LadyGlitterbow on February 20, 2011, 09:45:36 PM
Quote from: c2chaos on February 20, 2011, 06:03:23 PM

I would love to get a poll going but I can't figure out how! Lol! Do you know?
lol. XD
Towards the bottom of the page, before the quick reply box, there should be a tab that says "ADD POLL." It's between "NOTIFY" and "SEND THIS TOPIC."
It should be right about........................................................right about here if you look down ⇓⇓⇓⇓
No I'm not pointing at the "report to moderator" that would be bad for me. (>o<)
Only you, the thread starter, should be able to see it.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

LadyGlitterbow

Thanks a lot! I just added the poll, and I personally don't care what day we go on. So Vote away everyone! I will probably decide by next week so everyone can get notified in advance of when we are going!

dolore

id be interested in going.  how old are you guys?

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: cdcdude on February 22, 2011, 09:11:49 AM
id be interested in going.  how old are you guys?

I myself am 24, and so is my friend Liz. I Don't know about everyone else, but it seems most con-goers are between ages 13-26. Of course don't let age bother you! I will be a fan of anime and comics forever!

christofu

dolore

haha don't get me wrong, I just wanted to make sure everyone wasnt getting dropped of by their mums.

c2chaos

I'm also 24! (^o^)/

I will definitely bring along some friends as well, if I come.

DarkMoonlitStar

I'd be interested in going but I'd have to know the actual date ahead of time to make plans and I usually go with friends too. It sounds interesting. I usually just take the bus to SF. 

btw I'm 18 (I'll be 19 depending on which day the actual event is happening...since my birthday is on the 15th) lol
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

L0Lpants

day trip to japantown, you say? That sounds pretty dope, count me in. As for being specific about a certain day, i'm not very picky.
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

ispyangie

Oh boo. )': I'm busy for all the saturdays of March.
Tweet @ispyangie

DarkMoonlitStar

Quote from: Hisuitsume on February 23, 2011, 02:29:56 PM
Also, FYI at person above me, the ides of march is your birthday? Make sure you don't have any friends named Brutus.

lol No I don't have any friends named Brutus. I think it's funny how people refer to the ides of March. My name isn't Julius Caesar and I won't be assassinated haha.

Anyways I'm hoping a good date can be official soon.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

christofu

Quote from: Hisuitsume on February 23, 2011, 02:29:56 PM
I just might come. I'll be commuting by car from near downtown San Jose so I may even be willing to take on passengers if anyone needs a ride.

I might have to take you up on that offer too. I live on Blossom Hill so i'm really close to downtown SJ. Finding parking with my car in SF is hellish! haha

c2chaos

Do we have a specific place to  rendezvous, yet?

LadyGlitterbow

I guess the dates are between March 12th and 26th so far! Make sure to vote if you haven't so far! As for a place to rendezvous, I was thinking outside the pagoda in Japantown, that is a pretty obvious landmark. We could meet sometime in the afternoon, like 12 or 1pm. Grab lunch and shop, get to know eachother... of course I figure that anyone who needs to arrive later can meet up with us. I am just sketching things out right now. I will close the polls this Saturday so we can have an official date in mind, and start planning on the details. Also if you have anything to add, feel free. Questions? PM me if you want, no big deal! And I can't wait!  :)