Attendee/Artist/Panelist?

Started by Cosplay_Rose, February 20, 2011, 05:54:36 PM

Cosplay_Rose

This question is so bazaar, I had trouble thinking of a title.
My boyfriend and I would like to attend Fanime all 4 days (5 days, counting Day 0). We would like to host a panel one day, and I would like to have an Artists' Alley booth one day (specifically Friday). In the registration rules, it says that you may not hold more than one type of badge, the example being having both a press badge and an attendee badge.

So first, is this even doable/allowed. I've asked a couple of friends who staff, and they say it should be doable, but they've never heard of it, so they're not sure how it would work.
Second, if it is doable, well, how? Someone suggested that I get the AA badge, my boyfriend get the Panelist badge, and then we both buy for the days that the other badges don't cover, but that sort of sounds like cheating the system to me for some reason.

We're not doing this to get in for cheaper or cheat the con out of money, these are just things that we enjoy doing. I like having my AA booth (though I don't want to spend the whole con at it), and we have a lot of fun hosting panels/events. Sorry this question is weird, I couldn't even figure out what staffing department to e-mail this to, so it ended up here.

ewu

Press may not get an AA table, so you will need to register as a member.

However, panelists get a discount if Panels continues to do what they did last year. You will need to ask panels, but I think you do need to wait till con to be able to get that discount though.

You can get a AA table if you register as a member. If you want an AA table for one day, you need to wait for that day and it will depend on availability.

As for press for some days and members for others, you will need to ask professional registration. I do not think that they will allow it, but it is up to them. marketingATfanimeDOTcom.

If you have other questions feel free to email me at my address below.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Cosplay_Rose

Quote from: ewu on February 20, 2011, 07:07:15 PM
Press may not get an AA table, so you will need to register as a member.

However, panelists get a discount if Panels continues to do what they did last year. You will need to ask panels, but I think you do need to wait till con to be able to get that discount though.

You can get a AA table if you register as a member. If you want an AA table for one day, you need to wait for that day and it will depend on availability.

As for press for some days and members for others, you will need to ask professional registration. I do not think that they will allow it, but it is up to them. marketingATfanimeDOTcom.

If you have other questions feel free to email me at my address below.

Well, I don't want to be press, that was just the example given on one of the registry pages.

So by "register as a member" do you mean buy a badge? or is it something else?

ewu

As a panelist, I believe that you will still be a regular member, but will simply get a discount. Again, you should ask panels before buying a membership or you may miss out on a discount.

As for a badge, when you register, you are paying to attend the events and the benefits of being a FanimeCon member.....the badge just signifies that you have purchased the membership.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Cosplay_Rose

Oh, okay, I understand now. Thank you!