Your favorite Anime Villains

Started by GoodAsianDriver, February 20, 2011, 09:51:34 PM

GoodAsianDriver

It's the bad guys that drive the story. Some more than others. Some I really love to hate. Some of these villains are great multi-dimensional characters that don't always make the sexy spotlight just because they're the antagonist. Let's start a thread on your favorite baddies.

I'll go first. >_>

I actually have 3. The first is Aku from  Samurai Jack . For being the grand evil shapeshifting master of darkness, Aku ironically relies upon the foiled attempts of minions to take out Samurai Jack -- which makes for some pretty good comic relief.

The second is Hisoka from  Hunter x Hunter. What I love about this guy is that, like his nen type states, he's unpredictable. While the other villains and protagonists of the anime may have clear motives and goals, Hisoka likes to keep you guessing. He receives some sort of erotic satisfaction from killing difficult opponents, which makes for excellent antagonist material. I honestly follow hunterxhunter just so I can see how Hisoka prepares Gon to become his next meal.

Lastly, there's this silly guy in an orange mask who appears to have more nefarious goals than his outward persona appears to let on...

--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Roguemagus

It's a bit late to add this but I have to go with The Claw from Gun X Sword. There aren't a whole lot of other villains that hug people to death.

virilevocalist

Harry Macdowell from GunGrave. Not villainous in the classical sense. Just lost his way, his thinking twisted by his childhood and a subsequent obsession with power and true freedom on a scale that no human has.

Brilliant series, btw. I must have seen it over 10 times, and each time I pick up on new dimensions to the characters, that come through in the dialogue. Amazing ost too that suits the atmosphere of the show. It's to be expected from a creator-composer team like yasuhiro nightow and tsuneo imahori.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

that1chick13

well... i would choose Angela/Ashe from Kuroshitsuji. since it is an angle you would think that it would be the hero but in reality it dose more damage trying to purify souls then to let the world be
then number two would be Azula (i know avatar is a cartoon but its art is based on anime so) since she tries to control people through fear due to her mommy problems in the past she seem like the villain that you almost want to sympathies for

Death_Note_Matt

This crazy Fool right here ----------->
Another Player has Entered the Game

InfinityThief

otakuya

There can only be one favorite anime villian(s):

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
To protect the world from devastation. To unite all peoples within our nation.
To denounce the evils of truth and love. To extend out reach from the stars above.

(You know the rest)

DentyneIce408

Not exactly a villian but an antagonist no less. Kazuharu Fukuyama from Girls Bravo, just because of his perverted nature.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

Loktera^2

Inari Shōko from Kuragehime.

what a bitch. That is all.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~Adam Savage

Barnes

Just for their awesomeness alone:

Roah (Fist of the North Star)

Master Asia (G Gundam)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

DentyneIce408

Quote from: Barnes on August 29, 2011, 11:50:10 PM
Just for their awesomeness alone:

Roah (Fist of the North Star)

Master Asia (G Gundam)

I 100% agree with Master Asia! Pure awesomeness. Now I feel like rewatching G Gundam again. LoL probably my 12th time rewatching the series. Thx Barnes for fueling my passion back into the Gundam Universe, no, more like Mecha animes! (Even though I've been playing DW: Gundam 3; But playing and watching are 2 different things!)
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

GoodAsianDriver

Haha! These are some really great replies. Keep them coming!
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Glitch

Chief Guard Makina from Deadman Wonderland.
Although it doesn't matter which side she is on. Rarr. ^,,,,^

GoodAsianDriver

oh man-- I may have to watch some of these animes for the characters you guys have introduced. Try to include pictures if you can!

I'm still oggling Chief Guard Makina >_>

:3
--
www.spinkpop.com

~Aqua~

Ryuk is one of my favorite characters of all time. But would you consider him a villain or more of an anti-hero? I mean, he was pretty neutral throughout the whole ordeal. But starting up a riot out of selfish boredom sounds pretty villain enough to me.

Ooooooh scary. o_o

jindo

Jinnai Katsuhiko from El Hazard.
If you can afford a smart phone, then you can support the industries by "purchasing" the legit goods.

limDsage

Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin
Alexander Anderson from Hellsing
Shinobu Sensui from YuYu Hakusho

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Lucifargundam

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Anix

We are a little mad here.
The question is are you going to use your powers for good or for awesome

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Anix on January 27, 2014, 11:41:37 PM
Il Palazzo-Excel Saga
He was awesome, but as a hetero- I have no attraction to him :P though I'd like to hang out with him sometime...

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.