(WTB) Convention Autographs & Sketches

Started by cutiebunny, February 25, 2011, 11:15:59 PM

cutiebunny

I collect autographs and sketches from Japanese industry personnel (no US voice actors/artists, please) and I'm always looking to buy more.  

I am primarily looking only for sketches done on paper media, such as sketch pads and shikishi boards.

If you have any that you would like to sell, please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

Hachimitsu

uhm....  
question,
how popular it is for a shikishi board to be autographed from "(insert famous person)"

Only item I have is Eternal Sonata "Kumiko Yoshioka" - Allegreto...!!NOT FOR SALE!!!
Still looking for others but I guess they aren't going to sell those either XD.
Still v_v... just curious how popular are they?

cutiebunny

There are a lot of variables when collecting shikishi boards, so, it's hard to say "X artist's shikishi will sell for $50!". 

Things that a collector looks for -

-Who signed the board.

- Is there an an original sketch?

- If there is a sketch, which character is featured and how well was it drawn?  Is there a lot of detail or was it done in 5 seconds?

- Condition of the shikishi board.

- Proof.  Are there pictures of the person signing the item?  If the item came from a magazine contest, is there winning documentation included (ie. envelopes, address/stamp on the back of New Year's postcards, etc.)

As for popularity, it's hard to say because collecting anime artwork caters to a more limited audience, or at least when compared to collecting DVDs, manga, and figures.  Shikishi are more popular in Japan, though and on one particular Japanese auction site, Mandarake, shikishi have been known to sell for several hundred dollars. But, in the US, shikishi don't sell for as much, or at least, not those that you see on auction sites.

I don't know if my answer was of much help.

k.worthley

I bought the gold signed album from fanime last year...Signed by LM.C, Halko Momoi, and FlOW, if you are interested, let me know. I also have a CD signed just by LM.C, and a booklet with many different autographs, some are Japanese industry personel, some are american.
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

cutiebunny

Thanks for the offer but I do not collect autographs from music guests as much as I do those from artists.

PyronIkari

Realized I should PM this not write it here.