Fanime Mascot Event

Started by The Duck, March 11, 2011, 04:06:39 PM

The Duck

Hello everyone,

There is an idea that i've been working on for about 1 year that deals with having "mascots" of Fanime (meaning themed characters going around the con floor) presenting themselves during the opening ceremonies, during the con, and at the ending ceremonies.

The plan I had introduced to the Fanime higher-ups was an idea to have a short film that showed 4 attendees of Fanime living their lives before Fanime and getting amazing acrobatic abilities to showcase at the con. Only condition was that they had to be in a Ninja costume the whole time and not leave the con floor (unless it was to go to their hotel rooms and shower of course).

I have made a script, a logo, filming sets, routes for them to perform during the con and during filming. Only thing I do not have is actors, on-set crew, and approval from Fanime. The first two are easy to get, but the latter is difficult since the last person I talked to about this was Jason Ebner (I do believe this is his name. Please correct me if im wrong.) and he instructed that he loved the idea, but I should take a year to work on it. Now that I have it, I would like to present it to him.

If anyone can direct me in the right direction, it would really be appreciated. Thank you!
Smile for the sake that your really happy! That way you don't have to waste energy or my time faking it, OK?

PyronIkari

The convention already has mascots. If you go to the Fanime webpage there's images and blurbs about them already.

As for your idea...

I don't follow at all. Ok... so you want people to pretend to be the mascots, take away any freedom they have at the convention to follow your script, and work pretty much the entire time. And wait... what? A video? Huh?

You've completely lost me.

Let's go back to square one.

There's mascots already. Now what do you propose?

The Duck

To start from a more precise beginning, there was an idea running around in my head of producing a video project for Fanime that tells the story of 4 guys who are granted a free ride throughout the con (prices for admission, food, etc). The only condition is that they would need to stay in ninja like clothing and promote events that go on around Fanime and mingle with the attendees. A perk of them having to wear these garbs is that it would give them acrobatic abilities (such as being able to trick, perform able parkour skils, etc.). The whole gimmick is that there would be a story that is shown through video of these 4 guys and would lead up to them arriving at Fanime right as the video ends. From there they would be going around the con, showing their skills, mingling, taking photos, and essentially being in character the whole time. The whole project would end at closing ceremonies where a final video of them losing their powers and looking back on their great time at Fanime.

I had presented this to the Fanime management during the 2010 year where the head of Fanime (again I believe his name was Jason Ebner. Please correct me if my memory is incorrect) liked my idea and asked if I could spend another year on it to really flesh it out.

I followed his advice and now i'm trying to get back in contact with the correct people this time around since it was a little ambitious for me to walk straight to someone so high up in the rankings.

At this point this idea is the same as it was a year ago, which is pretty much in proposal concept mode. I do realize Fanime has it's own mascots, but this project is in no way a replacement of those icons. It is more of an addition.

I hope that clears some things up and helps you direct me to the correct people.
Smile for the sake that your really happy! That way you don't have to waste energy or my time faking it, OK?

ewu

pm or email me. I can direct you in the right place.

Thread locked.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom