Becoming a Volunteer

Started by AnimeLover1989, March 27, 2004, 03:49:49 PM

gie

i would also like to know what the earliest time i can come to volunteer on thursday!

Thanks ;D

elfgirlkaname

Quote from: ewu on April 13, 2009, 02:25:21 AM
please e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom.....we might be able to set something up. We LOVE vols:) Are you pre-regged?

yup I am pre-registered and I sent an e-mail... but I have yet to get a response... ^^;

Liquid

Maybe try again? I dunno why they haven't responded to you yet though.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

ewu

response will be coming soon...your e-mail got tabled behind other matters.

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

elfgirlkaname

Quote from: ewu on April 21, 2009, 12:17:51 PM
response will be coming soon...your e-mail got tabled behind other matters.

ok then,  :D as long as it got through

Thankies! Heidi

keitoghostie

I sent an email to [email protected] with some questions a couple weeks ago, but they haven't been answered yet.
SO:

1) What is the age limit? I'm 17, is there a parental consent form that needs to be signed?
2) I read somewhere on the forums that setup hours are doubled [1hr of setup = 2hrs towards a badge discount]. Is this still true?
3) I hadn't had the chance to preregister. Can I still do volunteer work on Thursday?
4) If I do setup work, can I earn my hours before I physically purchase my badge?
5) When exactly does setup take place?
6) How exactly is the money refunded after earned by volunteer work?

SOawesomeness

17 should be fine, and the form for minors consent form is on the Documents page. Print that, complete it, and bring it to when you come to volunteer.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

keitoghostie

Graduisc

and i thought i was mean. ahaha. volunteer since '03ish door guard all day everyday, i sit in front of my own door and say "nope, exit only."

ayame_nguyen

volunteering was a bad experience for me. before you think about volunteering keep this in mind.
most of the time you will be checking badges. it's a pain to sit for 5 hours stright.
if you are 18+ or you're parents don't mind if you stay til midnight then it will be easy for you.
unfortunatly, i am under 18 and i need to be home before 9. finding a job was pretty hard.
i kept going back to the vol. center and there was always nothing. i spend most of
the vol. time checking badges at doors but it gets very boring! i sat in a chair for 7 hours just to try and get my hours done.
in the end i stopped volunteering for the rest of the con. it was hopeless for me.
so just kept that in mind. the volunteer center is also pretty unorganized and unhelpful. if you need your hours done
just get the log and go to the rooms yourself and ask if they need help it's much faster than asking the vol. center.
i just wanted to let you know that. never again am i going to volunteer.
i don't mean to offend the vol. team they work hard. but this is just my opinion.