Becoming a Volunteer

Started by AnimeLover1989, March 27, 2004, 03:49:49 PM

radiotomu

I wish I could, but I'm sure that they have staff doing it. It would be freaking awesome to see everyone marching around with my work pinned on them, but it would never happen. Mostly because nobody knows me yet. Also because I don't draw standard anime.
"My cookbook says if I don't have three eggs, I can use four egg whites. I don't think it understands my dilemma."

hakudoushi

they dont have to know you.
it can be you debut! XD (or however its spelled)
no really, i have a pet ninja.

drallcome

Quote from: "radiotomu"Is there any possible way to volunteer to work before the con begins, or is setup reserved for the staff?

If not, I'd be glad to help an hour or two to help, but I'm not sure if I can endure six hours of volunteer work and still see enough of the con without completely burning out.

I helped out with the setup last year for the bagging a week before the con and I was not on staff. Just to help out was fun and I got to see a lot of people I know. Hay the hotel pizza wasnt too bad.
Fanime Member since 1999

radiotomu

Hey, that's really cool! How did you contact them in advance?
"My cookbook says if I don't have three eggs, I can use four egg whites. I don't think it understands my dilemma."

hakudoushi

will they let you in if youre 13..? (i hate my age. very muchly. -_-)

radiotomu

You'll need a waiver if you're under eighteen, but otherwise age is irrelevant.

hakudoushi

radiotomu

Six hours of work for two slices of pizza and a soda. It's the socializing that really makes it worth it.

hakudoushi

i dont like pizza...its starting to get in the way o my social life...*oh, the tradedy! XD*

VictimX

Well this all sounds so fun maybe I'll sign up. Quick check, you can still wear anything while you volunteer right.

hakudoushi

radiotomu

As long as you're not in your twenty pound life-size Totoro costume, you'll be okay. Anything that doesn't stop you from working.

hakudoushi

VictimX

Well if I can volunteer I'll be a U.N. Nerv agent in full tactical BDU uniform.

hakudoushi

radiotomu

'Cause that's totally anime related!

hakudoushi

VictimX

Maybe I'll be a hellsing trooper too, if I can get some stuff. I want to voluteer. I wish I could be Wolfwood.

radiotomu

I wish I was a cowboy, but I don't let that get in the way of my volunteering.

VictimX

Its not that what I wear will get in my way its the hours I work and when they need me. I can be there just when?