Are there Staff positions avail??

Started by oscar, March 27, 2011, 01:48:41 PM

oscar

I signed online to be on staff but no emails back  >:(  This was a month ago.  Are there staff positions avail???

o.

PyronIkari

Quote from: oscar on March 27, 2011, 01:48:41 PM
I signed online to be on staff but no emails back  >:(  This was a month ago.  Are there staff positions avail???

o.

Just because you apply doesn't mean you'll necessarilly get a position. It's an application, not a guaranteed spot.  Maybe all the places you applied for were filled already. Maybe staff thought you weren't right for those positions, either way, please don't assume that just because you apply for positions you will automatically get them.

ewu

also bear in mind that we get loads of applications and it takes time to get through them all. On top of planing con and our lives apart from Fanime...it takes a while to get to them.

Please be patient. Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

amimixx

I also applied to be on staff a while ago, and I attended the last staff meeting on March 12. I talked with the department that I was looking to staff in and, for all intents and purposes, it seemed like it was a go; they said they would send out e-mails to people who signed in at the meeting soon after. I sent a follow-up e-mail right after the meeting thanking the staff I spoke to and re-expressing my interest in joining the team. Normally, I wouldn't mind there being a delay, as I am aware that they are probably busy and have other more pressing things to attend to, but I believe that the pre-registration deadline is this Thursday, and it would nice to know some kind of decision (either yea or nay) so I know whether I need to purchase a badge or not..  :-X  Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!  :)

Never mind, said situation has been remedied. Thanks anyway.  :P