Carpooling thread

Started by Avairrianna, March 31, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Charis

Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on February 14, 2012, 01:42:48 PM
Anyone willing to pick up from the San Jose Airport... ?? May 24th at 12:50ish ... Will pay for gas .... One person: ME

IIRC, the airport's right on the light rail line, so if all else fails you can take that.  (Friends did it in years prior.)  Sorry I can't help with the ride, though ~
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Shinigami_Lover

Quote from: Charis on February 14, 2012, 02:31:03 PM
Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on February 14, 2012, 01:42:48 PM
Anyone willing to pick up from the San Jose Airport... ?? May 24th at 12:50ish ... Will pay for gas .... One person: ME

IIRC, the airport's right on the light rail line, so if all else fails you can take that.  (Friends did it in years prior.)  Sorry I can't help with the ride, though ~

Ok... I will have to look into that. Thanks!
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

EJAY420

EAST BAY HAYWARD 510 to DOWNTOWN SAN JOSE on FANIME FRIDAY.  EARLY AM. HIT ME UP.
Most Impressive.

mouse alchemist

I was wondering if anyone is going to be coming thru the Natomas Sacramento Area to San Jose on friday and leaving mondayish? If so I am looking for a ride I will pay for gas money.

Touly

Hello, all.

Introduction: I'm a 26 male from Sacramento, CA and am considering doing a carpool to Fanime if I'm able to get a hotel room for the entire weekend.  I'll be leaving the city either late Thursday evening or early Friday morning.  And like I said, I'll be staying until Monday into the early evening (5-6 ish).  So if you live in the Sacramento vicinity and would like a ride, then let me know.

Rules: It goes without saying that you must have a place to stay after we arrive at the convention.  It's not my responsibility to provide you with shelter.  I apologize if that came off rude, but I wanted to get the point across.  Also, I ask for some gas money.  This will depend on the number of people I'm carpooling.  I can currently take three other individuals with me.  And yes, these individuals must be at least 18 years old.  It also goes without saying that these individuals must be respectful and considerate.  I don't mind fun and games but be polite and conscientious of the moment.  There will be no smoking or drinking allowed during the trip to and from Fanime.  I also won't be providing personal transportation to outside venues once we arrive at the convention UNLESS there is room in my car and the place I'm attending coincides with your destination (i.e. we must be going to the same place).  Lastly, it's your responsibility to be present when the time comes to depart the convention on Monday evening.  If you're not there, you will be left behind.  So have fun while you're at the con, but be responsible and mindful to the rest of us when it's time to leave.

Contact: You can either PM me or send me an email ([email protected]).  I can provide my number upon request if you want to further discuss the carpool arrangement.  It would be helpful if I got to know you a little before we take off from Sacramento.

Miscellaneous: I want everyone to have a fun time, but there must be order at some level - hence, the "attitude" that came across under the rules heading.  But in all honesty, I'm a pretty lose guy.  I'm open-minded and respectful and would like to give a helping hand when asked.

Kpmonkeygirl

Haha! I am rather sorry, but things changed again. (long story) but it seems that I would be coming from SF. Could anyone take me? I could bring money or some yummy cookies!
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

USSRdog

Looking for carpoolers around Los Angeles area. I'll be leaving Thursday mid-morning and will be leaving San Jose Monday around 5pm latest, or whenever everyone is ready to leave. I already have 2 confirmed (myself and a friend in Bakersfield so one quick stop on the way) and looking for at least 2 more people. I'm not asking for much just that you are willing to pitch in for gas money, $20. I do have a few rules however: that you are over the age of 18, sorry I just don't want to be held responsible for minors. I can provide some light snacks and drinks but if you can too that'll be great. I'll have some music available but if you can pitch in too so I don't go crazy over that 5-6 hour drive..Also I'm not a hardcore cosplayer. I do have cosplayers planned but they are things I can just pack regularly, so I will ask that you limit the bags you have. If anyone is interested just send me an email.
It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life hums a long like a song. But the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when everything goes dead wrong.

Kpmonkeygirl

I will be living in Pacifica, which is next to San Francisco. Could someone carpool me? I can pay with cash, or make something  yummy! (If I were carpooling, I would want at least one person to bring a snack! That is a bit of a drive!) I would like to leave Thursday. :P

Me playing with the face choices! >.<
v
v
v
v
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Freight

New update!

I'm driving from Los Angeles on Wednesday Afternoon and staying a night with some friends in their pad in Merced, then on Thursday morning, we're going to the hotel and leaving the convention on Tuesday morning back to Los Angeles!

We've rented a full 12-passenger van because we like elbow and cargo room!  If interesed, I would ask $85 for a seat. 

CrystalRobot

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on March 22, 2012, 04:23:10 PM
I will be living in Pacifica, which is next to San Francisco. Could someone carpool me? I can pay with cash, or make something  yummy! (If I were carpooling, I would want at least one person to bring a snack! That is a bit of a drive!) I would like to leave Thursday. :P

v
v
v
v

I'm likely driving to Fanime, and I'm pretty sure that one passes by/through San Francisco on the way to San Jose, at least from the direction of where I live. If that is the case, maybe you can carpool with me :3 I'm going alone, anyway. XD I could use the company.
my deviantART
http://crystalrobot123.deviantart.com/

~I do commissions! Note me at my deviantART page!~

Fanime 2017 Cosplay: TBA

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: CrystalRobot on March 24, 2012, 01:58:43 PM

v
v
v
v

I'm likely driving to Fanime, and I'm pretty sure that one passes by/through San Francisco on the way to San Jose, at least from the direction of where I live. If that is the case, maybe you can carpool with me :3 I'm going alone, anyway. XD I could use the company.

Sure! Yay! So, you want me to give you money, or something to eat?

CrystalRobot

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on March 24, 2012, 02:45:16 PM
Quote from: CrystalRobot on March 24, 2012, 01:58:43 PM

v
v
v
v

Sure! Yay! So, you want me to give you money, or something to eat?

How about maybe $50 or so, and maybe a few snacks? Food's a good idea :3
my deviantART
http://crystalrobot123.deviantart.com/

~I do commissions! Note me at my deviantART page!~

Fanime 2017 Cosplay: TBA

Kpmonkeygirl

50$ Is a lot. Usually I pay 20$. You know what? We should just take public transportation. It is like 10$.
But yes, something yummy! Cookies? Muffins? It should be something that is not too messy or stinky!

Navashuryn

Is there anybody heading through Truckee/past Lake Tahoe who could give me a ride to the con on the 24th? Or even from Sacramento? I am really hoping to cut-down on the cost of transportation... Otherwise, I was going to take either the Greyhound or Amtrak (probably would go with Amtrak, if I have to choose). I would like to spend as little time as possible on a bus/train, so thank you if you can help me out. :D

AnimefanJJ

I am looking for someone to give me a ride to Fanime. I live in Stockton and willing to pay 20 dollars to San Jose and 20 back to Stockton at the end of the con. Can someone please help me
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

zhaven

i'm looking for 2-6 people to carpool with me to/from Fanime from San Diego or an area on the way, just need to pay for a portion of the gas.... this is transport only.

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

NeoValkyrion

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it didn't seem like it would fit in any of the other subforums. But getting down to business...

I'm looking for someone in the San Diego area who is going to and from Fanime this year who might have a spare spot in their car that I could fill with myself and contributions towards gas money. All I need is a ride to and from, and I am fairly flexible about the when and where as long I get up there. Unfortunately I don't have enough to pay for a flight and don't know anyone else here that's going this year, so I'm on the lookout for someone that I could ride with. I travel fairly light (no more than one suitcase) and would be immensely grateful if anyone in the area could provide me transportation (or knows someone who could provide me transportation).

On a related note, if anyone has any other recommendations about finding transportation to/from Fanime from where I live, that would also be immensely appreciated! I am really hoping to go to Fanime this year (it's one of the cons I've gone to every year since high school) and this is my first year in college away from the bay area. Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice!
"I'm here to kick ass and play card games. And I'm all out of cards."

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

airanimechiic

Um I'm not sure if there's a carpool thread yet, but I'm wondering if there's anyone who can carpool me from San Francisco (preferably my house) to Fanime on Friday, 3-4pm? Because I live with my parents, they will want to know some facts about the driver too, so I guess some warning about that would be good too.
Thank you~! I'm really looking forward to this year!

Update
I guess a better request would be wondering if I could get a partner to take the Bart and Caltrain with me? (for security and safety)
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu