Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Amanojaku

I've been playing a little known mmorpg called Dark Ages for the last 12 years.  Old school 16 bit style 2d graphics. From Kru Interactive, which split off from Nexon I think back in '04 or '05?  Anyhow, go check it out.  www.darkages.com  they also have an ancient Korea themed mmorpg called Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds.  www.nexustk.com
FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

Mordyan

Was playing Rifts.

Playing a little SpiralKnights and just got in the closed Beta for The Secret World.

I have a LOTRO account as well.

Rainbow Ichi

Ragnarok Online now and then :)
I play on Ymir and Yggdrasil servers when i'm free. It might be old school, but I love the game.
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

Lucifargundam

I heard that Tera wasn't as good as it was supposed to be but is much better than WoW..
I started playing Tribes Ascend, but that's not an RPG, just an online FPS...
I tried Spiral Knights but it just didn't really stick to me... seemed too repetitive and simple...
Diablo 3 has a HUGE amount of hype right now but I know nothing of what will happen with it- so I didn't preorder it.
Also, the new Star Wars MMO is supposed to be alright but not all that in comparison to other games out there(I guess mostly for fans??)...
///This is basically all I know atm and yes- I know I use alot of "..."///

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: Jelly Soup on June 02, 2011, 11:11:01 AM
messing with Cosmic Break lately.
They just had a booth in the dealers hall this year... I finally know what you're talking about now and may look into it(possibly-maybe).

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

Triage

World of Warcraft
Tera
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV (On-Hold)
League of Legends
Evangelion is like a threesome in the dark. Half the time you have no idea what's going on, but you love every second of it.

Fanime Game Room Staff 2011-2012

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Triage on June 04, 2012, 05:18:13 AM
World of Warcraft
Tera
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV (On-Hold)
League of Legends

League is not an MMO
It's not even a RPG.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Maskenlav

Anima Redux online (it was in a disk handed out last year from a game booth that had 3 games burned on it, Iris Online, FLyFF Champions of Madrigal and then Anima)
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I was playing TERA until Diablo 3 came out and watched all my friends abandon it D:

Currently playing EVE Online for now until I hear TERA releases its major PVP patch and/or I get into Mechwarrior Online beta (MWO).
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Punkbuster

I'm an active WoW player, have been for a few years. I'm definitely excited about MoP!!

sailorsam

i am obsessed with wow too i played this game since vanilla imo it's the best mmorpg out there.
i want to try some other games though like SWOTR and GW2 but i am still hesitating do you think it's worth it?

Umi.Ryuuzaki

WoW was good too, until the Activision/Blizzard merger. What are you looking for in a MMO?

SWTOR: wait til it transitions to F2P mode. Got announced last week. I picked up SWTOR at launch and had too high of expectations and ignored alot of red flag. Only bought it because I was playing with friends and that didn't work out.
Guild Wars 2: Check out the videos on Youtube and see if its something worth a shot. Good news its F2P so you just need to pay for the box copy. Will it be good, that I don't know and the reason why I'll wait a month and see where it stands.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Punkbuster

I personally don't think it's worth it, but that's 100% my own opinion. I don't see a point in buying a 60$ game when I'm going back to my 15$/mo. habit.

I've had a handful of friends leave WoW for SW, Terra, FF, Rift, but they all came back (remember Conan being the wow killer????). <_< I was begged to go tank on SW (I'm the resident meat shield) and there's no way I was going to give my wow raid times up to play SW when the lvling seemed like a nightmare to me. I do consider it the best mmo also, and I'm happy with how upfront Bliz was about this weeks' security issue instead of being in denial. I looked into GW2 since I know a few people who pre-ordered it, and it honestly doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm so use to the Bliz visuals (character cast animations, clothing graphics, layout, addons etc), I love the guild I'm in, we're competitive and get along, but the end game content is what initially had drawn me to the game and all the extra things they're adding (been on beta for a while) really appeals to me.

And just wondering, I've heard that exact phrase about how "WoW was good till the merge". What is that suppose to mean for the gameplay? I'm not sure what your position is, so I'm just inquiring. Blizzard is still doing it's own thing, but just 'owned' by a larger company. They specifically stated how they goofed Cata. It's boring, the gated dailies were bunk, not enough content, the revamp took most of their time, blahblahblah. I ramble too much about this game.

Amanojaku

Quote from: Punkbuster on August 10, 2012, 06:26:44 AM
And just wondering, I've heard that exact phrase about how "WoW was good till the merge". What is that suppose to mean for the gameplay?
Truthfully, it means absolutely nothing.  People love to speculate and read into things like buy-outs and mergers, and cite them as the reason why x, y, and z are now crappy.  You know the mantra, corporations, baaaaad, baaaaaad, (say it like a sheep!)  But these claims are generally unfounded.  Things at that level rarely, if ever, trickle down to a level where the consumer is impacted.  Barrens chat is still full of idiots, PUGs are still do at your own risk, and old content becomes obsolete due to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_creep  This is the nature of the genre.
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: Amanojaku on August 10, 2012, 02:09:40 PM
You know the mantra, corporations, baaaaad, baaaaaad, (say it like a sheep!)  But these claims are generally unfounded. 

Most big gaming corps (EA/Activision/Ubisoft/etc) are pretty bad for various valid reasons, but I wont get into that argument here.

No matter what MMORPG you do decide to play, having a solid group of people with positive attitudes and good constructive feedback to help you triumphs everything else. I don't blame you for staying with WoW and your guild. I still play EVE Online because I ran into a really solid group of people and having a blast...despite declaring war on everyone lol.

As a 7 year veteran of WoW (on and off) and seen it from its late beta to patch 4.3 and its last raid, it was time to lay it to rest. My opinion may seem biased, but I'm craving action combat systems. I really wanted to like TERA (dat combat system!) but it still being a curse of a Korean MMO plus Diablo 3's timing turned me off. I sadly also did try: Warhammer Online, Aion, Rift, SWTOR - all "supposed" WoW killers. I did like Rift, but at the time my system was dying so my opinion was a little off. I'm glad to see it is still doing good considering things. I did hear FF11 (not FF14) was great 6 months afterwards and is still one of the few good games with a very solid storyline.

The industry is starting to realizing making a WoW killer is unrealistic and its time to focus on trying out new things, subscription gaming is hitting its market cap, and F2P might be the way to go (provided you don't screw the player over too hard). In 3 weeks + 1 month, GW2 will be a good test of F2P from a AAA (or was it AA?) house.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Amanojaku

It sounds more like your own personal tastes in games changed (you want action combat systems), rather than a drastic change being made within WOW itself to turn you away from it.
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -

Aoiro

La Tale and Vindictus are the 2 the I'll always go back to. I do want to return to Ragnarok Online... But I don't really have anymore to play it with. Other than that, I usually try and drop any new ones I find after a few days.
FanimeCon 2013 cosplays

Briefers Rock from "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt"
Chie Satonaka from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4"
Hikaru Usada/Rabi~en~Rose from "Di Gi Charat"
Eruka Frog from "Soul Eater"