Madoka Magica Discussion *spoilers included of course*

Started by LordKefka, April 27, 2011, 08:25:54 PM

LordKefka

I'm dumb and don't understand how to care for someone? What the hell are you talking about. You're basically saying because how I interpret something for what it is, I'm dumb and I have no compassion because you don't agree another point of view even when I provided you proof of where she said it. Are you that unwilling to accept the opinion of someone else to the degree you have to talk down on someone because you have nothing else to say? You want more? Right before she turns into a witch, she says how every life she saves, she becomes more depressed in episode 8 near the end going off the idea of cause and effect and balance. In the previous episode, she mentioned how she regret the fact that she saved Hitomi and this was right after Hitomi told her she was going to confess to the guy. I'll say this one last time. She did it FOR the guy. She INITIALLY did it because what she wanted was to be with him and by his side before he got any more depressed. In the end, she was satisfied with leaving him with Hitomi because she did her part for him and through the process realized she can't be by his side. She made a selfLESS sacrifice and gave up her humanity in return. She made a transition with the wish she made from being confused with what she wanted to acceptance and resolution. Even Mami pointed out how that type of thinking will lead her only into grief in episode 2. I've been saying these things for the last 5 posts and you've done nothing but ignore those and say it's completely retarded. You're too busy thinking you're being attacked that you don't even realize some of the things I say were in agreement with you.

You know what, you're not reading or trying to understand a lot of the things I'm trying to say. In fact, your first post off the bat accused me of making a claim I never made about Mami's character.

Also I'm one who believes in karma. With what you said about the whole donation thing. I hope you meant every one of your word to the last drop.

And I've never put myself on the line for someone in a selfless way? Again, I don't know anything about you other than you post on the forums, talk about crap and do stuff with maid cafe. Do I ever judge your character with what you post? No. I suggest you don't do it to me or anyone else here. It's not even an issue of being blunt or straightforward with an opinion/idea/statement. It's something that's derogatory,degrading and insulting especially to someone who has in fact done the exact thing you put them down for. On top of that, doing so is truly an act of an ignorance.

With that, this topic will not be locked so people can keep posting. This is a place to discuss not to judge people based on opinions and challenge other's life value from it. You have an opinion? Chances are so does someone else. You don't agree with it? Chances are some will. You do? Chances are some won't. There is nothing wrong with calling what someone say stupid but there is a difference between calling what someone said stupid and calling someone stupid/retarded/etc. This isn't middle school. Grow up.

Anyways probably going to ending up watching it again. I do want to know what people thought about the ending regarding Homu since I think it's one of those up in the air type of situations. More input to it later.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Kuudere

WELL then...

To start a new line of discussion, I've got a question:

It was directly implied that each magic girl got a special type of power based on their wishes. Sayaka's was something about healing fast, I believe, Homura got time-manipulation powers, Madoka got...well, everything. What were the other two's special powers? Sure, Mami had that unlimited guns deal, but I don't think that was really her unique power. Or did they actually cover it and I completely missed it? So I'm curious...speculations?

LordKefka

Quote from: MeowDesu on April 28, 2011, 10:14:55 PM
WELL then...

It was directly implied that each magic girl got a special type of power based on their wishes. Sayaka's was something about healing fast, I believe, Homura got time-manipulation powers, Madoka got...well, everything. What were the other two's special powers? Sure, Mami had that unlimited guns deal, but I don't think that was really her unique power. Or did they actually cover it and I completely missed it? So I'm curious...speculations?

You mean Sakura as the other person along with Mami? Hmm, I'm actually not too sure on this one. Just random speculations but since she was in a car accident and it kinda looked like she was trapped or something until she made the wish for Kyubei to save her? Maybe her ribbons which traps her enemies reflect on that wish to be saved and freed from that wreak?

For Sakura, I think it was that ability to encase herself or her enemies or something (looked like a bunch of cards side by side lol).
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Quote from: MeowDesu on April 28, 2011, 10:14:55 PM
WELL then...

This wasn't discussed in the anime. It's not about the wish they make, but about the character type and natural abilities. In other words... they were given powers based on what the writer thought would fit the character type.

@Kefka: It has nothing to do with that, but rather you failing and being able to follow characters and actually seeing depth to characters beyond what "they say". I didn't address what you said? I actually pretty clearly did.

When someone is driving a car, and they get into a car accident, the passanger dies. Even if someone rammed them while they were in a still... the person in the drivers seat usually blames themselves for killing the person in the passanger seat? Why is this? They clearly are not at fault so why do they blame themselves? It's because that's how human nature is. They would rather blame themselves to feel some kind of justification for the events that happened. What Sayaka says and does is basically a reflection of her trying to justify herself iand humanity.

In the beginning she made the wish to pull him out of despair. HE HAD GIVEN UP ON LIFE. He basically threw everything away because he felt that he had absolutely nothing anymore. Why are you so fixated on a relationship? Why are you so fixated on events that never even happen. She was always with him because she cared about him. When you love someone, their well being transcends your pettiness of "wanting to be in a relationship". Anyone that has been in a serious relationship will tell you this.

LOLOLOL at Mami's comment. Again, this is a reflection of her character, that you never talked about. But why should *I* bring up anything unless you bring it up first right? That's what you're telling me, that I had no right to pbring up mami's character because you didn't, so me talking about it was incorrect.

BUT JUST TO LET YOU KNOW KEFKA. I used to give blood regularly when I was younger, and when convenient I still do. There was a big scare in my life that prevented me from giving blood a few years back and I was actually told that it would be good to wait a while before you give blood again just in case it did change into something that wouldn't allow me to give blood. I've donated hundreds if not thousands of dollars to charitythroughout the past few years. I donated money to Japan 15minutes after the earthquake happened.

Do you realize how pathetically poor and petty it is to basically wish misfortune upon someone so that I have to donate something to save them, just to say "i told you so"? That's not karma, and the fact that you bring karma up at all to prove some kind of menial point just proves to me how much of a pathatic person you are.

LordKefka

I think you're the one who is failing at interpreting characters.

And with Mami? You straight up called me out that I said that I never said before. It wasn't about you bringing up something about her I didn't;. You said I was wrong about Mami when I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER. Again, learn to read.

And when the hell did I EVER say I wished misfortune on other people to prove my point? Stop making me look like I'm the worst person in the world. How you speak to me and others really show what type of person you truly are. I don't give a crap if you gave your left eye. You are an ass and that's the fact of the matter. Don't use what you've done in the past as an excuse to say whatever you want about others. THAT'S pathetic and sad. You're not even talking about this show anymore. You're just flaming (with sparkles).
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Quote from: LordKefka on April 29, 2011, 10:59:04 AM
And with Mami? You straight up called me out that I said that I never said before. It wasn't about you bringing up something about her I didn't;. You said I was wrong about Mami when I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HER. Again, learn to read.

And when the hell did I EVER say I wished misfortune on other people to prove my point? Stop making me look like I'm the worst person in the world. How you speak to me and others really show what type of person you truly are. I don't give a crap if you gave your left eye. You are an ass and that's the fact of the matter. Don't use what you've done in the past as an excuse to say whatever you want about others. THAT'S pathetic and sad. You're not even talking about this show anymore. You're just flaming (with sparkles).
I said you missed the point of the character. You stated all this stuff about her death and stuff which were based on false reasoning as to why her character existed in the first place. It was reasonings you implied in your comments about the set up of the death etc and again on "reaction" and impulse. So I stated you missed the point of the character and expanded towards the character itself.

I'm not making you look like anything, your comments are stating those very things. Implied inference, should I explain to you how that works?

QuoteAlso I'm one who believes in karma. With what you said about the whole donation thing. I hope you meant every one of your word to the last drop.
You stated this. Which means one of disbelief in my words and your comment about karma is a reflection that Karma will dictate that since I said it, it should happen and that when it does I will carry out my actions I have stated. So this implies that you want it to happen as retribution for my comments. What does this infer? That you WANT THE SITUATION TO HAPPEN. This means, you WANT SOMEONE TO BE IN A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION SO THAT I HAVE TO UPHOLD MY WORDS AS KARMIC DIVINATION HAS OCCUR'D.

You see, just because you don't wish for or state something directly, but infer the other half only... doesn't mean it excuses that your wish still causes that to happen. In essence you are wishing for someone to be put in that situation so that I will be put in that situation.

Now to loop this around, lololol themes in Madoka are exactly the same.

I don't judge people, I judge statements and what people say. Nothing I've said was not directly infered by what you have said. Regardless of how much or how much you didn't say something directly, parts are infered. This is analysis. People state "that's putting words in my mouth" when in reality it's you not thinking about what you're saying as a whole.

Breaking down analysis. Sayaka made her wish blah blah blah, let's break story and look at reasoning. What she had broken down and gone crazy, and given up on her life if the rules of the world were different? If she did not become a hollow shell and that he just naturally chose the other girl?

And the answer is no, she wouldn't have. Why? Because... OH SHIT THIS HAPPENED IN THE STORY. The ending proves this... I've said it how many times now? The world had Sayaka alive and well, not full of despair, not crazy... until she dies when she strains herself and disappears. What was the difference of the worlds? Oh yeah... they don't become soul-less shells that turn into witches. She disappeared doing what? Overstraining herself and being incredibly headstrong for what she believes and how she is. This follows her character exactly.

What you said, doesn't. It goes against her personality it goes against everything she is basically. So not only are you wrong analytically proven, you're disproven by actual events of reality in the series. "BUT SHE SAID THIS" which again follows the whole core of her personality. She would first blame herself because that's how someone like her finds release and reasoning in a situation like that. After she breaks completely she starts blaming other people (madoka) in an attempt to make sense of the situation she was in (being a hollow shell).

Learn some basic psychology, Sayaka's process of dealing with things is actually pretty text book.

LordKefka

I talked about how her death in episode 3 changed the approach people had for this anime and shattered the idea of what a typical mahou shoujo anime was. I clarified that it didn't even have to be Mami but more so the brutal nature of what happened and what people can expect from then on of this anime.

No, I didn't mean I wanted someone to be in a life threatening situation. You mentioned how it sickens you to see me post about how Sayaka wouldn't make the wish if they weren't close to each other. I basically questioned you whether or not you would risk your life if you had to for someone, a stranger or someone not as close. How in the world does me saying that mean I actually want it to happen just to prove my point? YOU'RE the person who made the statement and I'm saying how I believe in karma and that IF... IF you had to do what you have to to save a life,  that what you said to me wasn't bs and you'd actually do it. I wasn't a will of mine but more of a question of " would you stake your life on the line if you had to" type of thing. Again, you took what I said with too many pinches of salt.

And you are putting things into my mouth especially when I'm telling you what I wrote and what you interpret are completely wrong. You're basically forcing my statements into what you see them as and not just that but interpreting them as the WORST even though in no way they were what I meant. You're even forcefully telling me how what I said isn't what I said but what YOU want what I said to be.

What you said about Sayaka? You're still not understanding what I'm saying so I'm not even gonna repeat myself and try and explain it. Maybe I suck at explaining it? If anything it would be nice to have someone else discuss this on top of you or I.

And let's keep this focused on the show now, please. No more "you're a/an <blank>!" type of comment. I see what you're trying to say as well, it's not like I'm turning a blind eye.

EDIT:

I will admit however I really appreciate the two of you at least discussing this anime with me. I had to play catch up and by the time I finished it, people have already discussed it to death. Had certain comments been taken out, I would have enjoyed everything up to now even more. By no means do I hope either to stop posting here and I haven't made that in any way apparent. In fact, I'd rather have SOMETHING said than talking to myself here and having these thoughts boggle up.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor