Question About Volunteering.

Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, May 02, 2011, 02:52:12 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

So I have been contemplating Volunteer work with my friend to allow him to go this year with me. However, when without someone he knows he is reclusive and socially Awkward, making him reluctant to attempt to.
How possible would it be to get a Volunteer position which would allow us to work closely together, in order to avoid his social problems?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ewu

At volunteering, you may make that request and the vols head is likely to fulfill that....cuz if they don't they will be down 2 volunteers!:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

M

What Ewu said. Keep in mind that there are many volunteer friends/family/couples that do volunteer and get assigned to jobs together.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Very cool.
It will help out a lot.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

persiandragon

What time does the volunteer room usually open at on day 0?

YoshiPT

The Volunteers Room will open at 5 PM on Thursday, although it is possible we may open sooner. Most jobs require two or more people, so it should be no problem keeping pairs of friends together.

FanimeCon Volunteers Department Head
Check out our FAQ
http://www.fanime.com/community/volunteers/

TheMaKaKi

Quote from: MPLe on May 03, 2011, 06:31:24 PM
What Ewu said. Keep in mind that there are many volunteer friends/family/couples that do volunteer and get assigned to jobs together.

Hello! I'm staff, so my brother wants to volunteer and possibly wants to help my committee out. Do I just go with him to Volunteer and request that for him? He's also underaged and is aware about his waiver form.

Is there also a maximum number of hours worked in a single day, especially for Thursday and Monday when they count for double? I.e. If my brother works 5 hours Thurs and 5 hours Monday, then that's a total of 10 hours for 20 hours worth, due to double time?

Thank you :)
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33

SOawesomeness

Quote from: TheMaKaKi on May 01, 2012, 01:17:17 PM
Quote from: MPLe on May 03, 2011, 06:31:24 PM

Hello! I'm staff, so my brother wants to volunteer and possibly wants to help my committee out. Do I just go with him to Volunteer and request that for him? He's also underaged and is aware about his waiver form.

Is there also a maximum number of hours worked in a single day, especially for Thursday and Monday when they count for double? I.e. If my brother works 5 hours Thurs and 5 hours Monday, then that's a total of 10 hours for 20 hours worth, due to double time?

Thank you :)
I do believe he has to be there personally, you cannot sign him up for volunteering when he is not there... He also has to have a paid membership, as well.
But what I think you're trying to say is if you can request Volunteers to have him volunteer for your department in which case, he can request it, or you can. He can just simply state his reason why, and I'm sure they'd understand. I do believe that your department would need to express a need for volunteers though...

To my knowledge, there is no maximum number of hours worked in a single day. And yes, if you do work Thursday and Monday, the hours are indeed doubled.

A FAQ is provided here: http://www.fanime.com/community/volunteers/

I'm not volunteer staff so I can't speak for them, so /disclaimer haha.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Groma

Where can we find the minor waiver form?

cottoncandymuffin

Quote from: woofles on May 22, 2012, 01:19:24 PM
Where can we find the minor waiver form?

send an email to volunteers[at]fanime.com; they'll attach it if you ask them (that's what I did anyways ;) )