FanimeCon 2011 Karaoke Contest Signups Now Open!

Started by Hank-KKD, May 03, 2011, 10:18:27 PM

princesskitty18

Quote from: ultimatejunmaster on May 11, 2011, 09:33:43 PM
Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 11, 2011, 09:27:16 PM
Quote from: ultimatejunmaster on May 11, 2011, 09:22:43 PM
WHAT?!?! GEEZ THAT FAST?!?!  :(
hhhhmmmmmm..... I guess I have no choice......  :)
Alright! I guess signing up is the only option left! :D

yeaaa its usually pretty nerve wracking when u and like 40+ ppl are fighting for only 40 spots
and i just re-read the rules myself
actually i dont think there are goin to be any at-con sign-ups
i think the total is 40 ppl
altho u can email galewolf and check with him personally
good luck

Thanks! I already decided my two songs along time ago! One from Bakuman and the other from Romeo X Juliet!
If I can't get a spot, at least I get to support one of my friends that are participating!  ;D

yay for supporting other participants!
and if u really wanna sing, theres always open mic :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

ultimatejunmaster

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 11, 2011, 09:35:04 PM

yeaaa its usually pretty nerve wracking when u and like 40+ ppl are fighting for only 40 spots
good luck

Thanks! I already decided my two songs along time ago! One from Bakuman and the other from Romeo X Juliet!
If I can't get a spot, at least I get to support one of my friends that are participating!  ;D

Sure why not?
Although looking at the roster I am surprised that Yumiko Mori is not going to be participating this year! Her rendition of that "Princess Mononoke" song should be enough make her join again!
Sigh~ J. Luc! Y. Mori! Next time, (maybe I can use this line for one of my manga ideas) Let's duel next time with our voices at its potential! *points epicly with the microphone*
Nan-Da-Yo?!

Hank-KKD

Quote from: ultimatejunmaster on May 11, 2011, 09:43:36 PM

good luck

Sure why not?
Although looking at the roster I am surprised that Yumiko Mori is not going to be participating this year! Her rendition of that "Princess Mononoke" song should be enough make her join again!
Sigh~ J. Luc! Y. Mori! Next time, (maybe I can use this line for one of my manga ideas) Let's duel next time with our voices at its potential! *points epicly with the microphone*

We will take signups at con, but keep in mind there will already be names on the waiting list in front of you.

As for dueling, we do run an event at AX called the "Ultimate Karaoke Fighting Championship". It's all one-on-one, all duels, all deathmatches. Mabye we'll bring it to FanimeCon in a future year...

ultimatejunmaster

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 12, 2011, 05:51:58 PM
Quote from: ultimatejunmaster on May 11, 2011, 09:43:36 PM
WHAT?!?! GEEZ THAT FAST?!?!  :(
hhhhmmmmmm..... I guess I have no choice......  :)

good luck

If I can't get a spot, at least I get to support one of my friends that are participating!  ;D

Sure why not?

We will take signups at con, but keep in mind there will already be names on the waiting list in front of you.

As for dueling, we do run an event at AX called the "Ultimate Karaoke Fighting Championship". It's all one-on-one, all duels, all deathmatches. Mabye we'll bring it to FanimeCon in a future year...

0_0!!!!!!!!!! REALLY?!?!?! YATAAAAA!!!!!

Alrighty! I will get myself ready for that time since I don't have the moolah to go there this year!

btw do we HAVE to bring a CD cuz most of the instrumental music I found for my music is on YouTube....
Nan-Da-Yo?!

RiderG

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 12, 2011, 05:51:58 PMAs for dueling, we do run an event at AX called the "Ultimate Karaoke Fighting Championship". It's all one-on-one, all duels, all deathmatches. Mabye we'll bring it to FanimeCon in a future year...
O_O dude, how does that go down?

Alexie828

Question question!
For the first song, since we are limited to 2:30, can we edit the karaoke version of the song with some kind of audio program, like Adobe Soundbooth, and cut parts of the song out so that it ends before 2:30? I'm asking this because my song would fade out in the middle of a fast verse, and that's super embarrassing if that happens, not to mention horrible sounding. So I'm just wondering if I can prematurely end the song? Thanks!

Kzuna

Quote from: Alexie828 on May 17, 2011, 06:44:34 PM
Question question!
For the first song, since we are limited to 2:30, can we edit the karaoke version of the song with some kind of audio program, like Adobe Soundbooth, and cut parts of the song out so that it ends before 2:30? I'm asking this because my song would fade out in the middle of a fast verse, and that's super embarrassing if that happens, not to mention horrible sounding. So I'm just wondering if I can prematurely end the song? Thanks!

i think someone asked a similar question and the answer was it's ok to cut intros but not mid song, but don't take my word for it better wait for an official answer  :-X what i can suggest though is prepare beforehand so that you know exactly when the song reaches 2:30. so that for songs that would end at a strange place, stop singing a phrase early so it wouldn't be so embarassing, or if you know you are about to be cut off, sing through confidently till the end of the phrase so as to avoid looking silly :)).

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Alexie828 on May 17, 2011, 06:44:34 PM
Question question!

We don't cut off at 2:30, we fade it out slowly starting at 2:30. So you can sing through it.

You can always end your song early by stepping away from the mic and bowing to the audience.

RiderG

i have a question...
QuoteThis year's winner will receive a
beautiful microphone trophy and is invited to perform two songs at the start of the FanimeCon
Masquerade on Sunday evening.

by "two songs" does that mean the two songs you performed for the contest, or ANY two songs of your choice?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: RiderG on May 19, 2011, 05:51:33 PM
i have a question...
QuoteThis year's winner will receive a
beautiful microphone trophy and is invited to perform two songs at the start of the FanimeCon
Masquerade on Sunday evening.

by "two songs" does that mean the two songs you performed for the contest, or ANY two songs of your choice?

The song you performed in the Finals, and one song of your choice.

RiderG

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 21, 2011, 11:05:50 AM
...and one song of your choice.
i stress this again, ANY song? as in american pop culture? or does it have to be within the karaoke competition rules?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: RiderG on May 23, 2011, 03:51:47 PM
i stress this again, ANY song? as in american pop culture? or does it have to be within the karaoke competition rules?

Win the contest first...then we can discuss it further 8)

princesskitty18

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 23, 2011, 04:17:31 PM

not cool galewolf..not cool at all XD

RiderG

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 23, 2011, 04:17:31 PM

deal. i'm coming prepared either way ;)

KusanagiShiro

Hey everyone, Shiro here, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all again this year. I hope you'll enjoy what I have in store; I'm going to be performing my songs both in the contest and at Open Mic should I find time, so keep your eyes and ears open for me around the con!

RiderG

well i finally found the schedule, looks like check-ins are the same time as the AMV contest X( i hope the rooms are near each other.

princesskitty18

CONTEST TOMORROW!!!!

whos ready!!!!!!!!!!! :D