Can someone confirm this for me?

Started by howitdovoodoo, May 09, 2011, 02:57:59 PM

howitdovoodoo

So I am volunteering this year for Fanime 2011 for DANCE. I just want somebody to confirm some things.. So its true that I have to buy my own regular badge correct? Yes, I know I get a reimbursement after doing a minimum of 20 hours. So another thing, is there a dress code for volunteers? Or can we just where whatever we want, or even cosplay? Also, do we have to go to some mandatory meeting before the weekend of Fanime?One last thing, the day 0 of Fanime, we get our badge and then do we have to go somewhere since we are volunteering?? Sorry if I am asking so many questions, I have never done this before nor have I been to a fanime before. :/

Persona

1. Yes, you have to buy your own badge first.
2. Usually no strict dress code, but most departments require you to be in plainclothes (not cosplay) while on duty. You'll need to get in touch with Dance to be sure.
3. Hm, not sure if volunteers need to. Email them first.
4. Your dept. will give you your assignment. If you don't have an assignment on Day 0 then you don't have to do anything.

ETA: Basically you'll want to email your department to get your questions answered.

Wabbit98

If I remember from my volunteer days, you should stop by the volunteer room (which should be in the Mariott this year) and pick up a volunteer form.  You will fill it with your hours worked, and the signature of the department head of Dance to show that you work enough hours and then give it back to the volunteer department.  But again it is always best to email your department head first.
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second