Osama's Gone, Will It Cause A Retaliation?

Started by RowanRavensong, May 13, 2011, 08:58:36 AM

RowanRavensong

I keep hearing that because Osama Bin Laden is dead, that there will be a retaliation of Al-Queda. What do you guys think? Do you think that;

• There will be a retaliation?
  • And there will be another leader of Al-Queda?

Maybe we should have taken and held Osama in some hi security facility? And taken care of the rest of Al-Queda... We may never know but hey, cant turn back time can we?

PyronIkari

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 13, 2011, 08:58:36 AM
I keep hearing that because Osama Bin Laden is dead, that there will be a retaliation of Al-Queda. What do you guys think? Do you think that;

• There will be a retaliation?
  • And there will be another leader of Al-Queda?

Maybe we should have taken and held Osama in some hi security facility? And taken care of the rest of Al-Queda... We may never know but hey, cant turn back time can we?

Kids talking about politics and such when they don't really have a clue.

What good would holding Osama do? If Osama is held in captivity as a POW/Terrorist this would literally cost the US Gov't millions of dollars to do, and would result in the same "retaliation" that may come from his death (which realistically is little to no chance).

Concerning this though. This would cause outrage in the US. For every person upset about how Osama was "murdered" in the US there would be a handful outraged that Osama is being held prisoner instead of being executed. With how the US Gov't works, it would take years for this to happen which would cause outrage on behalf of the public. On top of that, it would literally cost millions to protect Osama, both from the US and from other sources

Will a new leader arise? Chances are yes, one will. Will he be the figurehead Osama was? No he won't but he'll still be the new leader. In a group like this that are extremely passionate about their beliefs, taking out their leader will not just disband them. They will still exist and a new leader will eventually take power. Will they be the same threat as they currently are (or rather... currently aren't but people like to believe they are) No. They took huge hits and it takes a while for anything to rebalance their situation.

There won't be "retribution" or "retaliation" in that sense for his death, but it will cause anger amongst them. They don't really have a means or capability to retaliate and without a figure head or someone to play the role of leader, they can't.

RowanRavensong

wow, for one I am not a "kid" you dont know me, so quit making your stupid assumptions, and dont EVER call me a child again. I am 20 years old, in college, thank you
This was simply a question. You complain about me, I should read posts more carefully. If YOU had read it you would have seen that this was a question. Your just a ***** troll so leave me alone. All you are is immature. I dont think many people here like you because you are in your own weird ass world, where you have to flame EVERYONE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: RowanRavensong on May 13, 2011, 10:10:35 AM
wow, for one I am not a "kid" you dont know me, so quit making your stupid assumptions, and dont EVER call me a child again. I am 20 years old, in college, thank you
This was simply a question. You complain about me, I should read posts more carefully. If YOU had read it you would have seen that this was a question. Your just a ***** troll so leave me alone. All you are is immature. I dont think many people here like you because you are in your own weird ass world, where you have to flame EVERYONE.

... and when was 20, old, or someone who has experienced the world... or for that matter... someone that knows about things? Oh, you're in college... so... you're still getting educated about general things in the world like polisci, economy, and psychology.

I did know it was a question... and I answered both of your questions and I also put conjecture about your comment about how said comment was completely stupid both economically and socially.

You come into the serious discussion forum, post a bunch of half assed ideas based on nothing but the general publics feelings of fear with absolutely no backing or reasoning, and then get mad when I tell you how everything you just wrote is dumb and explain how. Mmm k' kid. Continue to play victim and point fingers at the terrible person because he has coherent thought and reasoning.

JTchinoy

Mikey when was the last time there was a thread that you didn't upset somebody? haha.

It seems like there's retaliation going on by Al-Qaeda supporters and not Al-Qaeda itself.  Unless that bombing I saw on the news is wrong.
I'm curious about if it's true that Al-Qaeda had a power split between Osama and his 2nd in command.

Luckily for me, the "Al-Qaeda" faction here in the Philippines is dirt broke and desperate for funds and without any central leadership.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

Jesus christ guys, the rules have been here for awhile and you turds have been here for ages too you should know better. Stop derailing and having your own convo in here, you're probably pissing me off more than Mikey by doing this.

sysadmin

Okay, TC_X0_Lt_0X and JTchinoy

Please enjoy your 3 day bans from the forums, and a 2 week ban from Serious Business.

Thanks,
sysadmin