2011 Registration Hours and At-Con Badge Prices

Started by Sen, May 16, 2011, 12:27:06 AM

Sen

Hi everyone! Just FYI. This has also been posted on the front page and on the registration page.
And early registration has closed! Badges for FanimeCon 2011 will now have to be purchased at the door.

Registration Hours
Thursday 5 PM – 8 PM (Pre-Registration and Early Registration Pick up ONLY)
Friday 8 AM – 8 PM
Saturday 8 AM – 8 PM
Sunday 8 AM – 8 PM
Monday 8AM – 12 PM

At-Con Badge Prices
Full Weekend (Valid Friday thru Monday) – $60
Friday, May 27th – $30
Saturday, May 28th – $35
Sunday, May 29th – $35
Monday, May 30th – $25
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

spiffyotaku

I noticed it said registration time was from 5pm - 8pm on Thursday. JNow is that just to get new registration or is that the only time to pick up badges as well? I am my group leader and was hoping to get our badges earlier on Thursday. Please let me know. Thanks.

ewu

No purchases may be made on Thursdays. Thursday is ONLY to register already paid memberships.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Yuki Valentine

This may be just me, but did the price for the full weekend ticket go down?  I remember in 2008, I payed $70 for it I think.  I noticed the same thing last year too.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be nice to know.  =)
Please check out my 8tracks account and add me!
http://8tracks.com/yuki_valentine

My YouTube account- http://www.youtube.com/user/xYukiValentine

PLEASE PLAY AND DONATE!!!

freerice.com and freepoverty.com

M

Quote from: Yuki Valentine on May 16, 2011, 01:59:44 PM
This may be just me, but did the price for the full weekend ticket go down?  I remember in 2008, I payed $70 for it I think.  I noticed the same thing last year too.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be nice to know.  =)
As much as I'd love to lie to you and say that "prices did indeed go down!", I can't. Prices didn't go down from previous years.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

jimsha

Aw snap, forgot to pre-reg. :< Is a badge required for Thursday night stuffs?
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

Coryuken

I was reading in another thread that you had to present valid ID to pick up pre-registration badges.  Do I need to provide ID if I'm registering at the door?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: jimsha on May 16, 2011, 05:02:55 PM

You must be pre or early reg'd in order to participate in Day 0 events as far as I know. Sorry. :(
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Persona

Quote from: jimsha on May 16, 2011, 05:02:55 PM

I know you don't need a badge in order to peruse Swap Meet (and by extension the Gaming room). Don't know about anything else.

M

From the Swap Meet rules page:

QuoteWe know some attendees arrive late on Thursday night and will not have badges yet. No badges are required for Buyer / Attendee entry on Thursday (badges are required for Sellers).

Since Swap Meet is in the same place as Arcade, I believe they both are unbadged to enter for Thursday night.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

cashewsftw

Hi, I was wondering if there will be two-day badges sold, since only 4-day and 1-day badge prices are listed. Please let me know. Thank you!

Kyra_Maverick

No, there shouldn't be any two day badges. If you think you'll want to go for more then one day get the full weekend badge.

TofuHopper

I was wondering since I registered my sister under my group but she doesn't have any form of government ID, is it okay if I just pick it up without her needing to bring her ID? I think I read somewhere that group leader ID is needed only yeah? Need to be absolutely sure of this before things goes wrong while we are out there :P

kookiekween99

Quote from: TofuHopper on May 16, 2011, 11:13:25 PM
I was wondering since I registered my sister under my group but she doesn't have any form of government ID, is it okay if I just pick it up without her needing to bring her ID? I think I read somewhere that group leader ID is needed only yeah? Need to be absolutely sure of this before things goes wrong while we are out there :P

You are correct. Only you, the group leader, needs to be present with ID to pick up the badges.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

D oh

Quote from: MPLe on May 16, 2011, 06:11:16 PM

QuoteWe know some attendees arrive late on Thursday night and will not have badges yet. No badges are required for Buyer / Attendee entry on Thursday (badges are required for Sellers).

Since Swap Meet is in the same place as Arcade, I believe they both are unbadged to enter for Thursday night.
So in others words, free entrance? Is the hour of operation the same as the registration hour?

jimsha

Quote from: MPLe on May 16, 2011, 06:11:16 PM

That's something, at least. Badges don't generally sell out Comic Con style, do they? And there aren't horrendous lines for at-con reg like they have at AX, are there? First time going, so of course Sod's Law applies.... :<
Find me on Facebook! It's where I upload all my con photos and it has links to all my other accounts (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
http://www.facebook.com/cosplaystalker
If you'd like to add me, please let me know who you are and where you found me! ^_^

SOawesomeness

Quote from: jimsha on May 17, 2011, 02:02:17 AM
That's something, at least. Badges don't generally sell out Comic Con style, do they? And there aren't horrendous lines for at-con reg like they have at AX, are there? First time going, so of course Sod's Law applies.... :<
Because we don't sell one-day memberships before that day, we won't be able to say beforehand if we "sell out" and by sell out, I mean that the SJCC has maximum capacity and we aren't allowed to admit anymore people unless we want to become a huge fire hazard and probably multiple safety laws. Hahaha. (Or at least, I'm pretty sure. That's how it was described to me. o: )

Basically, one-day/at-con memberships are first come-first serve *if* there was any concern for selling out.
Lines aren't too bad at Fanime. Last year I believe the longest was maybe... 3 hours? But tbh it really ranges. Saturday morning can be like 3 hrs, and then like Saturday mid afternoon can be literally 5 minutes. It's been like that before, where it's totally and completely empty after it's totally full and rushed.

Of course, I can't say the same will be for this year, since it always always *always* changes.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

spiffyotaku

Quote from: ewu on May 16, 2011, 09:59:25 AM
No purchases may be made on Thursdays. Thursday is ONLY to register already paid memberships.

Ok I'm pre-reg so I come at 5pm on Thursday to get my badges for my group? Not Earlier? Just want to be clear so i don't accidentally waste my time.

Kyra_Maverick

Right. You can come on Thursday to pick up your badge, but don't bother showing up on Wednesday.

Tomgrla

Today I found out that my only parent is leaving for the weekend at 6:30 am thursday and im a minor with out a government issued I.D and I feel very skr*wed at the mement T.T. i already bought to ticket online and everything so its pre registration. Any advice?