Advance Weather Report - Updated Cool Weather

Started by zeroelement, May 17, 2011, 08:01:41 PM

zeroelement

Tempature Might be LOWER than posted. I checked were i live and i got 7-10 degrees LESS and i live a 10-15 min drive away.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Melly

oh good. i hate the heat :V.

i was actually just thinking about this earlier.

thanks for the heads up c;

zeroelement

Well i go to school all of 2 blocks away and the weather has been saying rain and only been doing it at later in the day. But in case they DO get it right for once people need to know. Don't need girls in cosplays and wet weather Even if it may be some pedobears dream lol (is their a animal for that? lol) I also posted this in the gathering section don't want a wet gathering

LordKefka

Weather forecast THAT far ahead is almost never accurate. I wouldn't bank on that.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

zeroelement

Quote from: LordKefka on May 17, 2011, 08:20:35 PM
Weather forecast THAT far ahead is almost never accurate. I wouldn't bank on that.
Ill update this post closer to the event but its fairy sure the Temperature will be correct.

Kuudere

There was one year that I went, where the forecast was scheduled to rain for most of the con. We had 4 beautiful sunny days. I'm going to hope the same happens here since I hate the rain.

Rin_chan

diddo, i don't wanna be walking to the con in my school girl uniform and getted rained on :x lets hope for happy weather this year

otakuya

This year might be the first Fanime since 2000 to have rain in the forecast. If it does rain, I hope it isn't a storm.

Himeno

22.8C? That's not cold.
It's more then double the current temp here.

Xanreo

Quote from: Otakuya on May 18, 2011, 12:21:27 AM
This year might be the first Fanime since 2000 to have rain in the forecast. If it does rain, I hope it isn't a storm.

Didn't it rain last year on the morning of Day Zero?

I remember waking up, in San Francisco, to a thunderstorm and while on my way to San Jose noticed rain in the south bay too.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

HakureiSandwih

Quote from: Melly on May 17, 2011, 08:06:30 PM

Well, I would rather have heat than the horrible weather that San Jose has been having recently.

Last week it was quite warm and now its raining, windy, and cold.

Nina Star 9

I think there have been sprinkles in more recent years than 2000, or at least the threat of sprinkles. :/ (Since my first year was 2003 and I seem to remember sprinkles at some point!)

Well, I hope it doesn't rain on Friday, but I'm all for cooler weather on Sunday, since last year I got a nasty sunburn and think I got heatsick, haha. I love th heat, but not if I'm going to be outside in it for a few hours with little shade or water~

otakuya

^^ I meant heavy downpours (in 2000, Fanime was in Feburary), light sprinkies are really nothing

I honestly like cloudy and cold weather, especially for something like Fanime because it's (a little) harder to get heat exhaustion and the sun doesn't get in my eyes. It would suck for big event lines and cosplay gatherings if it were to rain.

M

Bay area weather... Sometimes, it's random. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Melly

Quote from: MPLe on May 18, 2011, 08:20:20 AM
Bay area weather... Sometimes, it's random. :P

all california weather is random (x

and i feel like the only one who would be down for rain (y);; oh well xD;;

Mango Bunny

I hope it warms up. Last year was absolutely miserable. I was FREEZING.

Deflare

Considering that the costume I plan to wear on Friday, I can't say I mind news of cool weather too much. Rain would be unfortunate, though, and I do sympathize with people in lighter outfits. Ideally, winds will shift to prove a lovely compromise of 75-degree weather with a cheery sun; still, keeping an eye on the weather seems wise.
Cosplays: 2008: Light Yagami (Death Note), Nicholas D. Wolfood (Trigun) 2010: Luigi (Mario Bros.), Spirit Albarn (Soul Eater) 2011: Detective Gumshoe (Ace Attorney), John Egbert (Homestuck)

Rin_chan

Quote from: HakureiSandwih on May 18, 2011, 06:44:44 AM
Quote from: Melly on May 17, 2011, 08:06:30 PM

Well, I would rather have heat than the horrible weather that San Jose has been having recently.

Last week it was quite warm and now its raining, windy, and cold.

Its the same in Modesto, Sunday morning was hot then it got cold, then Monday was warm and now its raining and windy. Hope it all evens out by Fanime though.

Moonblossom

I love thunderstorms, so I wouldn't complain if we got one.

However, wtf at flying from eastern Canada to California only to be colder there than I am here XD

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Otakuya on May 18, 2011, 06:59:27 AM
^^ I meant heavy downpours (in 2000, Fanime was in Feburary), light sprinkies are really nothing
Ah, okay. That makes sense~

Well, I was worried about burning up in one of my cosplays, but now I think i'll just be warm. And in my other cosplays... well, I hope I don't freeze to death. (Though, I was stupid enough to go to AOD this year during a big rainstorm in my Ulala cosplay... that was fun!  ::) )