Garage Kit/Figurine help

Started by Persona, May 18, 2011, 03:35:38 PM

Persona

Not sure how many people do GKs (or other figure-making) here, but I was wondering if anyone knew how to reinforce a figure onto a stand.

The longer story: I bought a finished GK off of eBay before I knew about good vs. bad quality materials/casts. The figure itself looks fine, gorgeous even (http://www.e2046.com/product/8073) but the resin/whatever it was cast out of was heavy and brittle. As you can see from the picture, the only point of contact between the figure and the stand is a tiny part of the "wire", where there is a tab that is supposed to fit into the side of her leg. Unfortunately, because of the cheapness of the cast, the tab and the slot were different sizes and Rei would wobble and then sloooowly tilt downwards until she would fall off the stand completely. I tried reinforcing the connection using pins and epoxy and the resin was so brittle that the tab actually broke from the weight of the figure.

What I would like to know is what I can use or do to 1. Make her stay upright on her stand and 2. Still look as good/detached from the stand as possible. I know I could use multiple pins to connect her to the stand/other wires but am concerned it would affect the look of the figure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would hate to have to scrap her since there is nothing else particularly wrong with her and despite the cheap material she has a very decent paint job.