[SIGN UPS CLOSED] FANIME SPEED DATING 2011- OFFICIAL THREAD!!

Started by yaki-ika, May 19, 2011, 12:21:23 AM

renalcul

Quote from: Rossome on May 31, 2011, 05:15:04 AM
I was COMPLETELY oblivious of pre-registering for the speed dating event.  I was so excited and trying to get a lot of my friends to do it too!  ToT

Took a break from Black and White Ball on Sunday to go attend and ended up being at the WAAAY end of the waitlist line.  Of course, I didn't get in.  Haha.

Since my friend and I didn't get in, we did the next best thing and tried to speed date ALL of the girls at once before they went into the room!  Haha! :D  Wish I got in though!  There's always next yeeeeear.

Hopefully next year will go better in regards to more time to pre-register.

I think that only girls were able to really be walk ups. Guys were always a line that was 3 times longer than the spaces available.

lonemeditater

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 27, 2011, 12:17:44 AM
Quote from: yaki-ika on May 27, 2011, 12:16:13 AM
check the first forum post for waitlist information. I only sent out the waitlist email to some people, but everyone should have gotten the special after event email :)

what special after event email? 0.o

I also received no such email and i've been checking my spam like crazy, nothing at all...
I'm me and I exist...

yaki-ika

Thank you everyone for being so understanding about the speed-dating event. It was kind of unorganized and last minute at some parts, and I apologize for that. But overall, I'd like to think it was a great success! People seemed to have a pretty good time!

I see that there is some feedback on the ranking system, etc. I will definitely take all of these things into consideration when I'm working this event next year. This was a great learning experience for me! I now know that running this event by myself would have been impossible XD So thank you SO MUCH to the people who helped out!

I hope to make FanimeCon 2012 speed-dating a bigger, better event than before!

lonemeditater

Quote from: yaki-ika on May 31, 2011, 02:58:08 PM
Thank you everyone for being so understanding about the speed-dating event. It was kind of unorganized and last minute at some parts, and I apologize for that. But overall, I'd like to think it was a great success! People seemed to have a pretty good time!

I see that there is some feedback on the ranking system, etc. I will definitely take all of these things into consideration when I'm working this event next year. This was a great learning experience for me! I now know that running this event by myself would have been impossible XD So thank you SO MUCH to the people who helped out!

I hope to make FanimeCon 2012 speed-dating a bigger, better event than before!

But, I still never got an e-mail...
I'm me and I exist...

princesskitty18

Quote from: lonemeditater on May 31, 2011, 03:14:29 PM
But, I still never got an e-mail...

well then sorry to say it but the likelyhood is that u didnt get a match =/
gomen nasai
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

KusanagiShiro

I got in too late. -.- plus I had work for my friend's blog, Karaoke, AND Momoi.

Rossome

My friend got into speed dating and got an e-mail notifying her that she had no matches.

Perhaps you or the person in charge took down your e-mail address incorrectly?
:o

lonemeditater

@princesskitty18: but people were at least notified that they received no matches, do I not deserve the same treatment as other people who participated?

@Rossome: Well, I received a wait-list e-mail at first and then another e-mail when I was let in. I'm pretty sure they had my e-mail address...

I'm me and I exist...

princesskitty18

Quote from: lonemeditater on May 31, 2011, 05:31:06 PM
@princesskitty18: but people were at least notified that they received no matches, do I don't deserve the same treatment as other people who participated?

@Rossome: Well, I received a wait-list e-mail at first and then another e-mail when I was let in. I'm pretty sure they had my e-mail address...

ahhh i didnt realize that u got emails if there were no matches
then i really dont kno
im sorry :(
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

lonemeditater

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 31, 2011, 05:32:09 PM
Quote from: lonemeditater on May 31, 2011, 05:31:06 PM
@princesskitty18: but people were at least notified that they received no matches, do I don't deserve the same treatment as other people who participated?

ahhh i didnt realize that u got emails if there were no matches
then i really dont kno
im sorry :(

It's cool, I kinda just want an apology and/or explanation from whoever was in charge. In all honesty I know it doesn't matter much now (to anyone but me) but without any notification at all, even if it's just to let me know I got no matches, it was just a waste. Why go to an event like this if you're never told the outcome?
I'm me and I exist...

Rossome

Quote from: lonemeditater on May 31, 2011, 05:44:21 PM

It's cool, I kinda just want an apology and/or explanation from whoever was in charge. In all honesty I know it doesn't matter much now (to anyone but me) but without any notification at all, even if it's just to let me know I got no matches, it was just a waste. Why go to an event like this if you're never told the outcome?

A waste of time?  You don't need an e-mail to validate your life experience, man!  It is unfortunate that you didn't receive an e-mail, but look on the bright side.  You got to meet SEVERAL different women and had a nice conversation with most if not all of them, right?  Think about all of the guys waiting in line, desperate for that opportunity, but never even got close to the door.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some way to be happy that the event was put together at all.  =)

lonemeditater

Quote from: Rossome on May 31, 2011, 07:18:40 PM
Quote from: lonemeditater on May 31, 2011, 05:44:21 PM

A waste of time?  You don't need an e-mail to validate your life experience, man!  It is unfortunate that you didn't receive an e-mail, but look on the bright side.  You got to meet SEVERAL different women and had a nice conversation with most if not all of them, right?  Think about all of the guys waiting in line, desperate for that opportunity, but never even got close to the door.

I'm sure you'll be able to find some way to be happy that the event was put together at all.  =)

I hate meeting nice people who I know won't remember me next time I see them, assuming I'll ever see them again. No response means that I had no way of contacting anyone who I did have a match with >_>... What's the point of meeting people who you'll never see again. And why isn't it ok for me to be unhappy about not getting a response e-mail like other people who participated?
I'm me and I exist...

Rossome

I'm sure whoever was in charge is sorry for the mix-up and will get back to you as soon as they figure out what went wrong.  It's understandable to be bothered by not receiving an e-mail like everyone else but...stop crying about it so much?  lol.  Sorry if I'm coming off as rude... :p  Just saying that you already said that you didn't get an e-mail.  No need to reiterate it repeatedly.  ^_^;

Besides, if someone was matched up with you, wouldn't they have your information anyway?  Maybe they're working on building up the nerve to send you an e-mail of their own right now.  =p

yaki-ika

Quote from: lonemeditater on May 31, 2011, 12:22:22 PM
Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 27, 2011, 12:17:44 AM
Quote from: yaki-ika on May 27, 2011, 12:16:13 AM
check the first forum post for waitlist information. I only sent out the waitlist email to some people, but everyone should have gotten the special after event email :)

what special after event email? 0.o

I also received no such email and i've been checking my spam like crazy, nothing at all...

Hi there,

Sorry that you didn't receive an email! I was almost positive that I sent an email out to everyone, but it looks like I missed some people. I apologize for that. I'm not sure why you didn't receive an email, especially if you were at the event. But I can assure you that if you did not receive an email, you did not get a match. If you want to email me you with your problem, though, so I can look up your email address and see what went wrong, please email [email protected].

Thanks,

Jade